Android to the 11

Slayers

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
The wife is working me over on changing from a house of Samsung to a house of IPhones and I am unsure how to feel about this.

Has anyone made the move recently and liked the move?

I have been in the Google system since the start and my only time trying IOS was for the 5 which did not last long I wanted my bigger phones back and went right back to Samsung.

With the phones now being the same size it would be an easier move.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The wife is working me over on changing from a house of Samsung to a house of IPhones and I am unsure how to feel about this.

I have been in the Google system since the start and my only time trying IOS was for the 5 which did not last long I wanted my bigger phones back and went right back to Samsung.

Whether or not the move from Samsung to the iPhone will depend on you and your desire to adapt. Of course, you'll be giving up some customization privileges, but you'll gain a more streamlined operating system, in my opinion.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

I use both and it’s very easy you will actually find the iPhone to be more user friendly than any android device just not customizable.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I use both iPhone pro Max and pixel 3a xl. The iPhone Is one of the best google phones there is, in my opinion.
The pixel is my go to phone for the google assistant when traveling, it works so much better then Siri, again in my opinion.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Happy Wife means Happy Life...PERIOD. The switching over nowadays is much easier. Thank me later...LOL

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Not sure if it will help, but I was using Android from close to the start with the OG Droid, Galaxy Nexus, and a 2014 version Moto X. Decided to try out iOS/iPhone with the 6s+ and haven't looked back. I do miss some of the customization, but the app quality generally more than makes up for it. Most of the OS features are now in both ecosystems just maybe implemented differently. The biggest bonus is you'll never be waiting for the latest version of the OS updates to get to you. Honestly, if we got the ability to re-arrange the home screens (not just rows of icons) and be able to use icon packs, I'd probably never ever consider going back to Android. That's saying a lot since I was always into the whole rooting/ROM'ing scene and really enjoyed it.

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
I use both iPhone pro Max and pixel 3a xl. The iPhone Is one of the best google phones there is, in my opinion.
The pixel is my go to phone for the google assistant when traveling, it works so much better then Siri, again in my opinion.

It’s not made by Google or is a Google phone lol. I’m assuming you mean the Pixel 3a XL?

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
It’s not made by Google or is a Google phone lol. I’m assuming you mean the Pixel 3a XL?

I think you miss understood what I meant I am aware the iPhone is made by Apple, but it is a excellent google phone with google apps installed on it.

delta7

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I think about this everyday but I have alot invested in samsung but I'm not that happiest when it comes to their phones, it's either too narrow and tall (Note 10 small) or that curved screen (all except s10e) or too small (s10e)

Also the watch I rarely use to see notifications much but I have note 10, s3 frontier, galaxy buds, wireless charger duo, and a few samsung chargers here at the house but I think about what I need to go iphone.

I have a ipad and that's its but the iphone appeals to me.

Just worrying about the watch issue is gonna be a problem.

I can probably sell everything for somewhere around 750 which will cover a 11 64 gig.

cyberpaw

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I think about this everyday but I have alot invested in samsung but I'm not that happiest when it comes to their phones, it's either too narrow and tall (Note 10 small) or that curved screen (all except s10e) or too small (s10e)

Also the watch I rarely use to see notifications much but I have note 10, s3 frontier, galaxy buds, wireless charger duo, and a few samsung chargers here at the house but I think about what I need to go iphone.

I have a ipad and that's its but the iphone appeals to me.

Just worrying about the watch issue is gonna be a problem.

I can probably sell everything for somewhere around 750 which will cover a 11 64 gig.

Recommend getting the 128. It’s only $50 more.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

I use both but for a few weeks my 11 is my main device. I also have a note 10 on another line. Apple devices just work and android devices are much more customizable so the choice is yours. I find that Apple has better support and better options for repairs.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site

This shouldnt even be considered an opinion, its a fact Google Assistant is better than Siri...man Siri sucks, the only downside to iOS is not having GA as primary.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner