Bluetooth dropping out, Help Please !!!

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I know it’s been reported that there has been Bluetooth connectivity issues and that Apple is aware of it and that those Bluetooth issues were supposed to be resolved with iOS 13.1.3.
Unfortunately the newest iOS upgrade has not resolved my Bluetooth issues.

When using my iphone 11 in my 2017 Toyota Tacoma paired to my truck’s Bluetooth my calls are dropped constantly, either disconnected or taken off Bluetooth and routed back to my handset.

It happens so much and so often that using Bluetooth in my truck is just pointless.
Unfortunately I am very dependent on Bluetooth as I use it for business while driving.

I have done the usual try’s of fixing, removing my phone from my trucks Bluetooth menu and doing the same on my iphone and starting out doing a fresh new pairing.
I’ve done a hard reset on my iphone 11 as well.

I’ve also watched a few YouTube videos on how to solve the problem but nothing works.

I never had any Bluetooth issues with my same truck with any of my past iPhones, most recently my X and X’s and Xr.

Any suggestions that I might not have tried yet would be greatly appreciated !!!

Thanks in advance, Cheers, Davyo

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Have you check with your local Toyota dealership to see if there’s an update for them to install? The reason I ask is because many of us have yet to experience any Bluetooth-related issues with our vehicles or any other BT device in association with the iPhone 11/11 Pro and iOS 13.

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Have you check with your local Toyota dealership to see if there’s an update for them to install? The reason I ask is because many of us have yet to experience any Bluetooth-related issues with our vehicles or any other BT device in association with the iPhone 11/11 Pro and iOS 13.

Checking with Toyota was a thought but after I posted here I did some more searching on another forum and found 3 Toyota owners , 2 with Tacoma’s and one with a 4Runner, all around the same year as my Tacoma, they all just recently went to their Toyota dealerships to check on updates and were informed of no updates.
The other Toyota owners are currently having the exact same Bluetooth issues as I’m having.
And as I mentioned before I never had any issues at all with my same truck when I had my X, Xr and X’s iPhones,, my problems started when I first got my 11 and have gotten even worse with each iOS update.
On the Apple forum where I found 2 of the Toyota owners there we’re also many other owners of different vehicles having the same issues as well with no suggestions for a fix.
Definitely extremely frustrating to say the least.
Cheers, Davyo

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Checking with Toyota was a thought but after I posted here I did some more searching on another forum and found 3 Toyota owners , 2 with Tacoma’s and one with a 4Runner, all around the same year as my Tacoma, they all just recently went to their Toyota dealerships to check on updates and were informed of no updates.
The other Toyota owners are currently having the exact same Bluetooth issues as I’m having.
And as I mentioned before I never had any issues at all with my same truck when I had my X, Xr and X’s iPhones,, my problems started when I first got my 11 and have gotten even worse with each iOS update.
On the Apple forum where I found 2 of the Toyota owners there we’re also many other owners of different vehicles having the same issues as well with no suggestions for a fix.
Definitely extremely frustrating to say the least.
Cheers, Davyo

I can only imagine the frustration you’re experiencing, but keep your head up. Have you tried “resetting the network settings”?

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I can only imagine the frustration you’re experiencing, but keep your head up. Have you tried “resetting the network settings”?

Ahhh,,no, I haven’t tried resetting the network settings.

Great suggestion, I’ll try that this afternoon and report back.

Thanks very much.
Cheers, Davyo

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Ahhh,,no, I haven’t tried resetting the network settings.

Great suggestion, I’ll try that this afternoon and report back.

Thanks very much.
Cheers, Davyo

As promised my feedback on if the “Network Setting” trick worked or not.

Sorry to say it did not work.
My Bluetooth is still dropped and disconnecting my calls, constantly, all day today long today !!!
I’m just beyond frustrated with Apple, if I wasn’t so tied to the Apple ecosystem I would be seriously looking at switching to a Galaxy Note 10.

I just can’t understand why Apple cannot fix what I would think would be such an easy Bluetooth fix, especially when so many others are experiencing the same issues as I am.

Thanks for everyone’s feedback so far, if there’s any other ideas please feel free to post them.

Thanks in advance.
Cheers, Davyo

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
So in looking at the official Apple forums it would seem my Bluetooth problem is a bit widespread, especially when trying to have a stable connection with Toyota vehicles.
More than a few upset Toyota owners going to dealerships desperate for a fix only to find out its not a Toyota issue.
I love how Apple brags about fixing all these tiny little BS issues with iOS 13.1.3 but fails to fix a major Bluetooth issue.
Meanwhile, a friend of mine has a cheapie Android cell phone from Cricket and her Bluetooth car connection is perfect.
She’s constantly laughing at me that my expensive iPhone can’t do Bluetooth while her cheapie $80 phone works perfectly,, that’s definitely humiliating.
Thanks Apple.

Cheers, Davyo

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Of any device I have owned apple devices have always been the best Bluetooth devices for me. They connect every time all the time to my three vehicles with no problem. Sounds like your brand has the issue not the phone.

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Of any device I have owned apple devices have always been the best Bluetooth devices for me. They connect every time all the time to my three vehicles with no problem. Sounds like your brand has the issue not the phone.

Perhaps you should go on the official Apple forum’s and read about all the owners of Toyota’s and OTHER makes that are not or were not connecting with Bluetooth.
With the latest update of iOS 13.2 the problem has been resolved for the most part and also with Toyota,,, meaning it was NOT a vehicle brand issue but most definitely an iPhone issue.
The iOS 13.2 fix pretty much proves your opinion wrong that it was a vehicle brand issue.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Feedback to Apple reporting the problem ?
Or Feedback to Apple that the problem no longer exists ?
Not sure I understand your question as the Bluetooth issue was resolved with iOS 13.2.

I’d say submitting to Apple that the 13.2 (and possibly 13.2.2) has fixed the issue.

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
So in looking at the official Apple forums it would seem my Bluetooth problem is a bit widespread, especially when trying to have a stable connection with Toyota vehicles.
More than a few upset Toyota owners going to dealerships desperate for a fix only to find out its not a Toyota issue.
I love how Apple brags about fixing all these tiny little BS issues with iOS 13.1.3 but fails to fix a major Bluetooth issue.
Meanwhile, a friend of mine has a cheapie Android cell phone from Cricket and her Bluetooth car connection is perfect.
She’s constantly laughing at me that my expensive iPhone can’t do Bluetooth while her cheapie $80 phone works perfectly,, that’s definitely humiliating.
Thanks Apple.

Cheers, Davyo

I have zero issues with my Toyota. I am on 13.2.2.

Have you tried forgetting device and repairing it?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2