Is anybody else using Google Fi? I am a fan of the service for the international coverage and I generally don't use a lot of cellular data, but I am struggling to get MMS to work consistently. I have updated the APN settings per the Fi app suggestions and attempted a few other options I have found via google searching. The best I have gotten to is that some pictures will send via MMS and some won't, there's no way to know for sure until I attempt to send one.

I realize the iPhone is not officially compatible with Fi but the fact that some messages send gives me some hope that I might not have to change carriers or phones.
    10-20-2019 08:26 AM
    IPhone is officially supported by Google. https://support.google.com/fi/answer/6224695?hl=en

Scroll down to the section: “Apple models compatible with Fi”

Texting will work with some additional setup, but iMessage works right away.

https://support.google.com/fi/answer/6205096?ios=1

If those official Google instructions don’t work, I would contact Google for help.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    10-20-2019 10:41 AM
    Compatible, not fully supported such as the Pixels and some Motorola devices.
    10-20-2019 10:44 AM
    I've been using Google Fi as one of my carriers with the dual-sim since July. MMS has worked fine, granted I haven't had much MMS to work with. Ever since Apple allowed both numbers to use iMessage most people that I text with on my Google Fi number are using iPhones so it defaults to iMessage.
    10-25-2019 02:44 PM
    I've been using Google Fi as one of my carriers with the dual-sim since July. MMS has worked fine, granted I haven't had much MMS to work with. Ever since Apple allowed both numbers to use iMessage most people that I text with on my Google Fi number are using iPhones so it defaults to iMessage.
    I think it is an issue with a recipient who has a samsung phone. There was a recent update on AT&T that seems to have broken MMS for a lot of users. Nobody else is having the issue. Still trying to figure out why imessage is selective about which pic it will send, but at least I know it's not a Google Fi issue.
    10-25-2019 02:49 PM
    Still trying to figure out why imessage is selective about which pic it will send
    What do you mean?
    10-25-2019 02:53 PM
    Sometimes I will attempt to send a picture via MMS and it will immediately get the exclamation point icon next to it as unable to send. It doesn't seem to matter who I send it to or how many times I try to send it, the picture will not go to anybody.
    10-25-2019 02:55 PM
    Sometimes I will attempt to send a picture via MMS and it will immediately get the exclamation point icon next to it as unable to send. It doesn't seem to matter who I send it to or how many times I try to send it, the picture will not go to anybody.
    But you said iMessage in what I quoted. iMessage is not MMS.
    10-25-2019 03:10 PM
    But you said iMessage in what I quoted. iMessage is not MMS.
    Correct, sorry. The MMS issue was really limited to one person I was sending to who does not use an iphone. The random picture issues are for both iphone and android.
    10-25-2019 03:12 PM