Upgrading to iPhone 11 help

Johndosh

Aug 7, 2019
Visit site
Hi I need to transfer everything from my x over to my iPhone 11 when I receive it tomorrow so what’s the best way of doing this as don’t want to lose anything from my x. Also I will be selling the x on to a shop so I need to turn certain things off and wipe it again what needs turning off etc. Also I have a Apple Watch 4 how do I also go about linking it from my x to my iPhone 11. Any help would be really appreciated.

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
This video shows you what to do to go from the X to the 11.

https://youtu.be/Pam1SAlkCbM

As for your Apple Watch, the only way I found to get it to work was to wipe the Watch, and set it up as if it were right out of the box. Back it up first, and after wiping it, you can use that backup to restore to.

Johndosh

Aug 7, 2019
Visit site
This video shows you what to do to go from the X to the 11.

https://youtu.be/Pam1SAlkCbM

As for your Apple Watch, the only way I found to get it to work was to wipe the Watch, and set it up as if it were right out of the box. Back it up first, and after wiping it, you can use that backup to restore to.

Thanks for your help appreciate it that video was very helpful seems really easy to do. Also after the transfer I will need to wipe my old phone completely as I’m selling it on. I know this sounds stupid but won’t affect the transfer to the new one will it like wipe the new phone also. And one last thing do I need to keep my sim in the old phone when transferring or does it have to be in the new phone or does it not matter.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Before you erase everything from your old phone, make sure you unpair your Apple Watch first so you can pair it with your new phone. Otherwise, you won’t be able to pair it.

Johndosh

Aug 7, 2019
Visit site
Before you erase everything from your old phone, make sure you unpair your Apple Watch first so you can pair it with your new phone. Otherwise, you won’t be able to pair it.

Yeah done that all up and running now and loving my red 11 a lot better than the X I had.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

I just copied my old phone to the new phone during the setup and it transferred the watch to the new phone during the process.

provlima

Oct 22, 2019
Visit site
when using this method do both the new and the old phone have to have sim cards installed?
I am planning to sell my old iphone 6 after I transfer its data to the iphone 11

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I just copied my old phone to the new phone during the setup and it transferred the watch to the new phone during the process.

This is how mine worked as well. Once the transfer was done it asked me if I wanted to use the watch on the new phone. No wiping or unpairing. I just clicked “yes.”

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
when using this method do both the new and the old phone have to have sim cards installed?
I am planning to sell my old iphone 6 after I transfer its data to the iphone 11

No. I only had a working SIM card in the new phone, the old one had the SIM card removed. As wenrob stated, after the transfer finished, it asked if I wanted to pair my watch to the new phone. I just had to tell it yes.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711