Blurry, washed out camera roll unless zoomed.

Eustis99

May 11, 2017
Visit site
Now I know this is a topic that has been brought up many a times in the past, but I figured I’d ask anyways to see if maybe there’s anything new about it. I have a brand new 11 and all my new photos taken on it are blurry in the photos app. They clear up when zoomed in and out or the editing tools are opened. As soon as the tools are closed, you can see the resolution drop and they get blurry again. I do have “download and keep originals” turned on. I noticed my XR before this did the same thing when I compared the two. Don’t remember that issue before 13. Does anybody have any suggestions? Am I missing something here?

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Now I know this is a topic that has been brought up many a times in the past, but I figured I’d ask anyways to see if maybe there’s anything new about it. I have a brand new 11 and all my new photos taken on it are blurry in the photos app. They clear up when zoomed in and out or the editing tools are opened. As soon as the tools are closed, you can see the resolution drop and they get blurry again. I do have “download and keep originals” turned on. I noticed my XR before this did the same thing when I compared the two. Don’t remember that issue before 13. Does anybody have any suggestions? Am I missing something here?

So if you open the Photos app on your device, all the photos are blurry? Usually, but not always, indicates the photo has not synced between your device and iCloud. I say that because I do see that on occasion, but it's usually with pictures I have just taken. This also happened on my 7 Plus. Never seen all of them blurry though, but I also didn't open Photos when my new 11 was synching data from my old 7 Plus.

Can you post a screenshot?

Eustis99

May 11, 2017
Visit site
So it’s the new photos taken with the 11 that look off. Grainy and washed out. Landscapes look like a Bob Ross painting. It can’t be hardware related because the photos look phenomenal when being edited or zoomed in and out. Also, I have iCloud synced to my iPad and the exact same photos look beautiful there. Clear, vibrant, and bright. Both my iPhone and iPad are set to keep the originals on them. I’m currently at work, but can post a screenshot tonight.

Eustis99

May 11, 2017
Visit site
So both were taken on the 11 and automatically uploaded to iCloud photos to be viewed on my other devices. Both my 11 and iPad are set to download originals. The first of each is what I see on the 11 and the second is what I have on my iPad.

Attachments

• 8CA6A741-3A2E-4C68-8864-BED59DB8335B.jpeg
    8CA6A741-3A2E-4C68-8864-BED59DB8335B.jpeg
    188.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 2E7F9833-4FE3-4217-8B79-600B93D1A938.jpeg
    2E7F9833-4FE3-4217-8B79-600B93D1A938.jpeg
    786.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 5DF32786-066E-4A56-BEBF-87A3042683F6.jpeg
    5DF32786-066E-4A56-BEBF-87A3042683F6.jpeg
    231.4 KB · Views: 9
  • BF9063B2-3B28-40DD-BED4-587CC806932A.jpeg
    BF9063B2-3B28-40DD-BED4-587CC806932A.jpeg
    960.2 KB · Views: 8

RickMG

Jun 8, 2005
galleries.cigarweekly.com
I saw on another board that this problem is affecting hundreds of iPhone 11 and 11 pro's and that Apple knows about it and is only saying a fix might be near. I got a new iPhone 11 for my wife and I have a new Android, Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ (I know, but I have to have Android). Anyway, we were at the boat races this weekend next to each other taking photos of the boats racing by at top speed and noticed hers looked really blurry. She said she's noticed the photos aren't as good as her iPhone 8+ were. And we've had the phone about 3 weeks so it can't go back. Here are shots from hers and mine and I think you'll see it's very easy to see the difference. Something has to be done because we literally bought this because of the hype on the camera. Again, we were right next to each other. This is a huge problem. Here's a link to the Apple community with others talking about the same problem and there's another board with dozens discussing but can't find it now.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250705502

chrisphone.jpg iPhone 11
myphone.jpg Galaxy Note 10+
chrisphoneracing.jpg iPhone 11
myphoneracing.jpg Galaxy Note 10+

Last edited:

johnsmith12

Aug 4, 2020
Visit site

Hi — I’m encountering the exact same issue with my new iPhone 11 and your description of the issue is the best one I’ve found. Wondering if you were able to solve this?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi — I’m encountering the exact same issue with my new iPhone 11 and your description of the issue is the best one I’ve found. Wondering if you were able to solve this?

Hello and welcome to iMore! I’m sure you will find the answer that you are looking for!

Eustis99

May 11, 2017
Visit site

Sorry for the delay. Been dealing with the power out after the storm. Unfortunately to this day I haven’t resolved the issue.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW