Anyone considering going from XS to 11?

bailbrae

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I’m sure this will come up repeatedly, but anyone considering making that switch?

I always do the upgrade program, so I’m looking at a $20 per month savings, plus color options that I won’t have with the Pro. The Max is not even in the running, simply too large.

Just wondering if anyone else is considering a “downgrade” and if so, why? :)

bailbrae

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Why do you consider it a downgrade?

Yes screen might be but overall your getting a better front and back camera and battery life as well as the A13 Bionic

Oh, I don’t! Sorry. I used the “” marks because I’ve read elsewhere where people referred to it as such. I’m excited about the 11! :)

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
Right now I’m a NO on XS upgrading but have a strange suspicion that Dark Green Pro Max will get ordered...

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Why do you consider it a downgrade?

Yes screen might be but overall your getting a better front and back camera and battery life as well as the A13 Bionic

It may not be a downgrade but it isn't really an upgrade, either. For a start, you lose the HDR OLED display for a sub-1080P LCD, and the 11 also has larger bezels. That isn't to say the Liquid OLED doesn't look nice but it isn't as good as the display on the XS.

"Build quality" is also a downgrade, going from the stainless steel of the XS to the aluminum of the 11.

The camera is something of a trade -- particularly depending on what software upgrades the cameras on the XS get. The big difference is that you switch the telephoto camera on the XS for the wide angle on the 11. Additionally, the XS has Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) on both rear cameras, the 11 only has it on the wide angle camera.

Last, the A13 is technically an upgrade but the A12 is still very fast, and it is unlikely that you'll notice much real difference in everyday use.

It's an interesting comparison, and which wins likely depends on the needs and wants of the person judging.

arc3484

May 25, 2016
Visit site
I’m in the same boat. I went from the 7 plus to the XS and miss the larger canvas. I hate typing on my xs and the battery life is HORRIBLE! However, the screen is beautiful and will be the most used part of the phone. So is it worth $1100 for better battery life and 1080p screen this year? Apple is really good at placing emotion behind the purchase, because if your a nerd like me you feel left out by not buying the pro. Thanks Tim Apple

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I am considering doing it. I know last year, I said I wouldn't upgrade for a while but I miss having a bigger screen, the 5.8 inch screen ain't cutting it anymore. But what makes it appealing for me to upgrade is apples trade in program offering 500 bucks for XS phones. I could get a 128 GB Iphone 11 6.1 Inch screen for 250 with the trade in or get a 256 Iphone 11 Pro for 749 (instead of 1,200 or whatever). I need to make a decision before Friday's pre orders. The 250 price point is winning just due to budget but can swing with the pro. If I do get the pro it will be the last iphone get for 3 years ( I said this last year, but I am for real this time LOL).

Anastayja1

Trusted Member
Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
Considering going from the XS Max to the purple iPhone 11. The one year I wasn't going to upgrade Apple releases a purple phone. I hate Apple.

Seneca09

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
I’m liking the camera upgrade and night mode since I like ghost hunting 5 hours more battery life than the XS Max? Sold!