Is this a phone problem or a car problem?

Involute1344

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
I've paired my iPhone 11 Pro with my car via Bluetooth, so I can play music from the phone over my car's stereo. When I place or receive a call, however, both sides of the audio stay on the phone's mic and speaker and don't go over the car's. With my previous phone (an iPhone 6s), an incoming or outgoing call would automatically switch to the car. How can I get my 11 Pro to work like that? Thanks for any tips.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I can only assume there’s a setting in your car’s infotainment system that may control that particular function. The reason being is that I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max and when it is connected to my BMW via Bluetooth, audio from made or received phone calls are heard over the car’s speakers.

With that being said, when a call comes in for you aren’t you able to swipe upward on the iPhone’s display and then select the car option? If so, I wonder if it’ll remember that option going forward. Give it a try if you haven’t already.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I’ve had ongoing, intermittent connectivity problems with my cars Bluetooth ever since the release of iOS 13. Never had a problem before that and nothing has changed with my cars settings/software or whatever. I’ve removed and reconnected numerous times and it still only connects randomly. I can only assume it’s an iOS 13 problem.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711