IPhone Pro Charging?

cyberpaw

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I purchase my IPhone Pro about 3 weeks ago and it doesn’t seem to be charging to 100%. Is there something I need to do to the battery settings or something else?

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
When an iPhone is nearly fully charged, it can take a considerable time to go from 99% to 100%. Have you given it long enough?

cyberpaw

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Update: Battery level went up to 96% after 12 hours of being plugged in. Left it charge for another 3 hours and it went to 95%.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Update: Battery level went up to 96% after 12 hours of being plugged in. Left it charge for another 3 hours and it went to 95%.

Before you get it checked out try running your battery down until the device turns off then charge it fully uninterrupted and see if it reaches 100%

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Before you get it checked out try running your battery down until the device turns off then charge it fully uninterrupted and see if it reaches 100%

Did the exact same thing on my nieces iPhone 11 and solved the problem, now it changes to 100%. I have always let my battery run down completely once a month and found it keeps the battery healthy.

Last edited:

cyberpaw

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I just got back from my second Genius Bar visit.

Last Thursday, after 2 hours of diagnostics, their decision was to erase my phone’s software and reinstall new, thinking that this would somehow make it charge beyond 80%. But after 5 days of home use, with battery optimization turned off, it never made it past 80%.

So today, I went back for a second appointment and 1/2 hour later walked out with a new phone - which actually charges to 100%....

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I cringe at the words “Genius Bar”. Apple needs to rename it “Best Guess” bar.

I don’t agree.
As with every product, stuff need to be trial and errored before finding a cause.
The Genius Bar is the best place to have that done.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I don’t agree.
As with every product, stuff need to be trial and errored before finding a cause.
The Genius Bar is the best place to have that done.

A genius is a person who displays exceptional intellectual ability, creative productivity, universality in genres or originality, typically to a degree that is associated with the achievement of new advances in a domain of knowledge.

(source https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genius)

Again, if that's the case, then that place in the Apple store you take your device to be looked at / worked on needs to be renamed. Once you've reached "genius", all the trial and error has been done for quite some time.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
A genius is a person who displays exceptional intellectual ability, creative productivity, universality in genres or originality, typically to a degree that is associated with the achievement of new advances in a domain of knowledge.

(source https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genius)

Again, if that's the case, then that place in the Apple store you take your device to be looked at / worked on needs to be renamed. Once you've reached "genius", all the trial and error has been done for quite some time.

I don’t agree.
Not all cases have the same cause and outcome.
Trial and error is still a must.

cyberpaw

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
In my case, I would not categorize any of the 4 individuals who worked on my phone as“Geniuses.”

I had already done 99.9% of the things they tried during both visits. But they wouldn’t listen when I told them what I had already done.

So I figured it was easier to play the game, with the understanding that if what they did during the first visit didn’t fix the issue that it would be replaced if I had to return.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW