Pasted text highlighted in Mail app when Dark Mode is on

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
iPhone 11 Pro on iOS 13.1.3. When viewing an email, text is white on black background. If I copy text from any other app (including Mail) and past into a reply email, the white text is highlighted white making it unreadable. Is this a known bug or some setting that needs adjusting?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’m running the latest dev beta if iOS 13.2 and I cannot replicate the problem so I assume this issue has been resolved or will be resolved when the next iOS update is released.

Then again, I didn’t notice the problem when I was running iOS 13.1.x.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
iPhone 11 Pro on iOS 13.1.3. When viewing an email, text is white on black background. If I copy text from any other app (including Mail) and past into a reply email, the white text is highlighted white making it unreadable. Is this a known bug or some setting that needs adjusting?

I was finally able to replicate this the other day and I ended up having to copy to the Notes app and then copy and paste from there to the either the Mail app or the Gmail app. I can’t recall which I was using at the time, but doing that solved the problem and it has not occurred since.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2