iPhone 11 Pro - Device issues, being exchanged

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
So I decided to move over to the iPhone 11 Pro - SG...

Was delivered via FedEx on 10/15/19.

Finally got around to setting it up the evening of the 15th. Everything seemed fine, until... song played and it was loud. Went to turn down the volume and it would not lower......

Volume up worked on the button, but not the volume down.

Made appt. with Apple. The next day at Apple they look over the device and confirm it's a hardware button issue, by running their diagnostic software...

Can't exchange in store as I ordered through Verizon Govt. account..

Leaving Apple I call Verizon and arrange an exchange for the same device. Estimated ship time is 10/30/19........

Back at the office I verify wireless charging is not working, only via Lightning port

Later that evening, still using the 11 Pro, I get a can not verify battery alert on the screen at random times... then the speaker starts to cut in an out while playing music. Bottom speakers would stop playing and all sound was coming from the top ear piece.

Lowering volume didn't change anything, crackle on and off from lower speakers with some random buzzing played from the bottom of the iPhone.

Was getting late in the evening and got ready for bed, plugged in iPhone which started to charge via Lightning port. Randomly the device reboots, and continues to do so for 20+ min, finally decided to unplug it as there is a battery issue and risk of any further injury to the device or my home (being electrical).....

So all in all, this is the first dud I have gotten since I got an iPhone 4S.

Hoping the replacement works out, once it eventually arrives later this month. Back on the iPhone XS for now...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So I decided to move over to the iPhone 11 Pro - SG...

Was delivered via FedEx on 10/15/19.

Finally got around to setting it up the evening of the 15th. Everything seemed fine, until... song played and it was loud. Went to turn down the volume and it would not lower......

Volume up worked on the button, but not the volume down.

Made appt. with Apple. The next day at Apple they look over the device and confirm it's a hardware button issue, by running their diagnostic software...

Can't exchange in store as I ordered through Verizon Govt. account..

Leaving Apple I call Verizon and arrange an exchange for the same device. Estimated ship time is 10/30/19........

Back at the office I verify wireless charging is not working, only via Lightning port

Later that evening, still using the 11 Pro, I get a can not verify battery alert on the screen at random times... then the speaker starts to cut in an out while playing music. Bottom speakers would stop playing and all sound was coming from the top ear piece.

Lowering volume didn't change anything, crackle on and off from lower speakers with some random buzzing played from the bottom of the iPhone.

Was getting late in the evening and got ready for bed, plugged in iPhone which started to charge via Lightning port. Randomly the device reboots, and continues to do so for 20+ min, finally decided to unplug it as there is a battery issue and risk of any further injury to the device or my home (being electrical).....

So all in all, this is the first dud I have gotten since I got an iPhone 4S.

Hoping the replacement works out, once it eventually arrives later this month. Back on the iPhone XS for now...

That’s crazy! At least you’re not freakin’ out about it and running around telling everyone not to purchase the iPhone 11 Pro.......You’re looking at it for what it is - a bad one that slipped through the cracks, but a great one is one the way. Anyway, thanks for sharing your story, John.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711