Issues with 11 Pro?

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
I don’t have wifi either. This was my method to update lol. Connect phone to laptop. Turn on portable hotspot. Download software update (4.2gb file o.o) turn off portable hotspot, connect tablet portable hotspot, update. Would be great if Apple allowed FTA updates over mobile data and not wifi but that’s another story

I tried, I don’t think I had enough tethering data left on my devices. They will let my group hit 160gb in a month on my unlimited plan and never slow us down, but you ain’t going over the 10gb tethering limit.

love4speechless

Sep 25, 2018
Visit site
I tried, I don’t think I had enough tethering data left on my devices. They will let my group hit 160gb in a month on my unlimited plan and never slow us down, but you ain’t going over the 10gb tethering limit.

My phone company doesn’t have a tethering limit but I’m in Australia so I don’t know it it’s different here

love4speechless

Sep 25, 2018
Visit site
On my plan AT&T limits me to 10gb tethering per device.

I’m with a company called Telstra in Australia. They only just this year released plans where if you reach your limit on your mobile data it slows to 1.5mbps. They call it peace of mind data. Before you would have to pay $10 per gb that you went over until your new billing cycle came. I hope our country doesn’t introduce tethering limits now that we have these plans any time soon lol

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
OP, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling OneDrive? I had a similar issue with Arlo (which is an inconsistently crappy app) and it fixed my location settings.

love4speechless

Sep 25, 2018
Visit site
OP, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling OneDrive? I had a similar issue with Arlo (which is an inconsistently crappy app) and it fixed my location settings.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Tried resetting all settings, tried resetting network and privacy settings. I have a case currently with Apple. They got me to send them a screen recording of the issue and also ran analytics to determine there was nothing wrong with the hardware in my phone. The next step they said was to update to 13.1.2 and to run diagnostics testing over 24 hours. I FINALLY get a wifi connection on the 15th of October so they told me they would call me in two weeks

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
I might be wrong but that doesn’t sound hardware related. Not the OneDrive issue. I’d hate for you to end up with a refurbished phone because some rep suggests it.

love4speechless

Sep 25, 2018
Visit site
I might be wrong but that doesn’t sound hardware related. Not the OneDrive issue. I’d hate for you to end up with a refurbished phone because some rep suggests it.

I’m not going to take my phone in now. I’m going to wait to see what my Apple advisor says in two weeks. He’s convinced it’s a software problem because he said my diagnostic testing showed that the hardware was fine. He said it’s either a problem on their or one drives end and that they would do everything they possibly could to get to the bottom of it. Also thanked me for bringing the issue to apples attention. I love Apple care lol

love4speechless

Sep 25, 2018
Visit site
Can an admin please change the title of this thread to “Issues With 11 Pro?” As I’m no longer taking my phone in and think the possible issues of the phone should be discussed. Thank you :)

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I don’t have wifi either. This was my method to update lol. Connect phone to laptop. Turn on portable hotspot. Download software update (4.2gb file o.o) turn off portable hotspot, connect tablet portable hotspot, update. Would be great if Apple allowed FTA updates over mobile data and not wifi but that’s another story

I can’t speak for the original poster, but I have been rebooting because iOS 13 is so buggy, sometimes it helps. My home internet has been down since the 9/22/19 so I have been using the iOS it shipped with and have been unable to update until yesterday when I sat down in Walmart and used their WiFi to update.

You can download software updates over cellular with iOS 13.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro