Issues with 11 Pro?

love4speechless

Sep 25, 2018
Visit site
Aren’t I lucky? I get to take my phone in to be looked at by a technician. I am experiencing a few issues with it.

1. When the phone is powered off and I go to turn it on it doesn’t turn on at the first attempt. I have to attempt to turn it on four or five times before I finally turns on

2. Sometimes when I am downloading or uploading something it slows to an unusable speed even though I have the same amount of bars on my phone and I have to turn airplane mode off and on again to reset the network for it to start working

3. For apps like onedrive location settings isn’t working. I will go to location settings and try to change it to always instead of ask and when I go back it will still say ask. Then when I go into the onedrive app it will never ask me if I want the app to access my location.

These are just a few of the issues I’m having. Is anyone else experiencing any of them?

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Aren’t I lucky? I get to take my phone in to be looked at by a technician. I am experiencing a few issues with it.

1. When the phone is powered off and I go to turn it on it doesn’t turn on at the first attempt. I have to attempt to turn it on four or five times before I finally turns on

2. Sometimes when I am downloading or uploading something it slows to an unusable speed even though I have the same amount of bars on my phone and I have to turn airplane mode off and on again to reset the network for it to start working

3. For apps like onedrive location settings isn’t working. I will go to location settings and try to change it to always instead of ask and when I go back it will still say ask. Then when I go into the onedrive app it will never ask me if I want the app to access my location.

These are just a few of the issues I’m having. Is anyone else experiencing any of them?

These all sound like software issues and considering the barrage of updates Apple has hit us with in 2 weeks, they know there are issues.

love4speechless

Sep 25, 2018
Visit site
These all sound like software issues and considering the barrage of updates Apple has hit us with in 2 weeks, they know there are issues.

I understand how having to reset the connection and problems with the location services could be software problems but what about having to try to turn the device on four times before it finally turns on?

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site

This happens to me each time I shut the phone off. I just shut it off and took me 4 attempts holding the power button for 10 seconds each time. 4th attempt the Apple logo came up at the 3 second mark.

Please let me know what they say. It’s a 2.5 hour drive for me to take it in, so I really don’t want to take it in if I don’t have to.

love4speechless

Sep 25, 2018
Visit site
If they are software issues I might lay off taking it in for a while to see if future updates fix it. The last thing I want is to get a replacement phone but still have the exact same problems. I was just wanting to know if anyone was experiencing the same or similar issues. It’s the turning the device on issue that is annoying me the most

love4speechless

Sep 25, 2018
Visit site
This happens to me each time I shut the phone off. I just shut it off and took me 4 attempts holding the power button for 10 seconds each time. 4th attempt the Apple logo came up at the 3 second mark.

Please let me know what they say. It’s a 2.5 hour drive for me to take it in, so I really don’t want to take it in if I don’t have to.

Haha I try for ten seconds too and then on the fourth attempt it turns on almost immediately. I thought I had bricked the phone and freaked out the first time it happened

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
If they are software issues I might lay off taking it in for a while to see if future updates fix it. The last thing I want is to get a replacement phone but still have the exact same problems. I was just wanting to know if anyone was experiencing the same or similar issues. It’s the turning the device on issue that is annoying me the most

I have coped by not turning it off, instead I have started doing a hard reboot every couple of days.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
When the iPhone is turned off, you now have to press the up and down buttons plus the power button to turn on. I'm not sure but I think Apple changed how to turn the iPhone back on. Not sure if this was done on purpose but it works this way now.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Are you guys trying to turn it on immediately after turning it off? I’ve run into this behavior, but only after immediately turning it off, which leads me to believe the phone just isn’t actually off yet. I’ve never had this issue if the phone is sitting there off and I try to turn it on.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
When the iPhone is turned off, you now have to press the up and down buttons plus the power button to turn on. I'm not sure but I think Apple changed how to turn the iPhone back on. Not sure if this was done on purpose but it works this way now.

Then why will it turn on the 4th time without pressing the volume up and down button?

The hard reboot sequence is volume up then volume down then power button until it shuts off and comes back on.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Are you guys trying to turn it on immediately after turning it off? I’ve run into this behavior, but only after immediately turning it off, which leads me to believe the phone just isn’t actually off yet. I’ve never had this issue if the phone is sitting there off and I try to turn it on.

This could be the case. I’ll give it a shot and see.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Then why will it turn on the 4th time without pressing the volume up and down button?

The hard reboot sequence is volume up then volume down then power button until it shuts off and comes back on.

Yes I'm well aware. I'm just speculating because when this was happening to me I just pressed the up and down volume button and then the power button and the  screen appeared immediately.

love4speechless

Sep 25, 2018
Visit site
Yes I'm well aware. I'm just speculating because when this was happening to me I just pressed the up and down volume button and then the power button and the  screen appeared immediately.

That’s what I did the first time because I thought I’d bricked the phone and the Apple screen appeared immediately. If they did change it it would be nice of them to have let us know

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site

So I shut my phone off and let it sit for 2 minutes and it turned on pretty much immediately. Thanks!

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
it takes a couple seconds after the screen turns off for the actual phone to be off - ever since the days of the little spinning icon ... now it doesn't appear on screen anymore

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
So I shut my phone off and let it sit for 2 minutes and it turned on pretty much immediately. Thanks!

Yeah it sounds like you guys aren’t letting the phone turn off before turning it back on. Not even sure why you’d be running into this problem often lol I’ve turned my phone off once and I don’t even remember what for.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Yeah it sounds like you guys aren’t letting the phone turn off before turning it back on. Not even sure why you’d be running into this problem often lol I’ve turned my phone off once and I don’t even remember what for.

I can’t speak for the original poster, but I have been rebooting because iOS 13 is so buggy, sometimes it helps. My home internet has been down since the 9/22/19 so I have been using the iOS it shipped with and have been unable to update until yesterday when I sat down in Walmart and used their WiFi to update.

love4speechless

Sep 25, 2018
Visit site

Thanks SO much for the heads up. I just left the phone sit for a bit and tried turning the phone on and it turned on pretty much immediately.

Now it’s just the mobile data connection dropping and the location settings issues to worry about lmao

love4speechless

Sep 25, 2018
Visit site
I can’t speak for the original poster, but I have been rebooting because iOS 13 is so buggy, sometimes it helps. My home internet has been down since the 9/22/19 so I have been using the iOS it shipped with and have been unable to update until yesterday when I sat down in Walmart and used their WiFi to update.

I don’t have wifi either. This was my method to update lol. Connect phone to laptop. Turn on portable hotspot. Download software update (4.2gb file o.o) turn off portable hotspot, connect tablet portable hotspot, update. Would be great if Apple allowed FTA updates over mobile data and not wifi but that’s another story

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox