Trade up and save:Get $450 towards an iPhone 11
    We pre-ordered our phones with Applecare+ with the theft protection. After setting up our phones we noticed the phones are telling us we don't have applecare on the device and offering for us to buy it. I checked the checkcoverage website and it doesn't show there either. Are things just delayed by all the new phones being activated? The purchase is definitely on the apple store invoice in the app. Previously I've been on the Upgrade Program and never had this issue but it's required on that so I guess it goes through on it's own. Don't know what's wrong this time (bought on payments instead) or how to fix this.
    09-21-2019 06:19 AM
    Mine isn’t showing either. I think they’re just slammed.
    09-21-2019 06:32 AM
    I had the same issue. Wouldn’t recognize my serial number. I went through the phone and added it again and it worked. Said something about me having 55 days to add AppleCare(+) to my purchase. Now I have coverage. Hopefully the one that I added when I purchased will somehow phase itself out since I received an email that said I needed to finish setting it up? Never had to do that before. Maybe I’ll call Apple on Monday because it definitely should have been there.
    09-21-2019 07:20 AM
    I’d say probably because Apple is slammed right now, but I'd still follow up though.

Pre ordered mine via Tmobile and it's showing active:

09-21-2019 07:50 AM
    I’d say probably because Apple is slammed right now, but I'd still follow up though.

Pre ordered mine via Tmobile and it's showing active:

[IMG=431x512]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190921/0a3a2e36153b796ad050304637c1f98c.jpg[/url]
    Is it worth it to try on the weekend or should I wait until Monday? I need to make sure it's fixed before Wednesday when I leave on vacation for 3 weeks.
    09-21-2019 03:36 PM
    You're going to receive a confirmation e-mail pretty soon. Yesterday I picked up an 11 Pro at the store and added Apple Care monthly. When I checked on the phone and the website I was still being offered to add it on. Eight hours later I received an e-mail to confirm the AppleCare that I added in the store. I went ahead and added it to my iTunes Subscriptions after that.
    09-21-2019 03:58 PM
    Ok I'll keep an eye out. I did contact Apple just now and they said they've been getting calls about the issue and it should show up within 72 hours. We bought it through the store app when we pre-ordered. The invoice etc says "automatically added" which sounded like it should just be there like in the past when we used the upgrade program and they just send the proof of coverage. They're going to call back tomorrow to see if it's still not there.
    09-21-2019 04:11 PM
    Ok I'll keep an eye out. I did contact Apple just now and they said they've been getting calls about the issue and it should show up within 72 hours. We bought it through the store app when we pre-ordered
    Ha. Yesterday I had the same worry and called Apple as well. When they directed me to another department I received the confirmation e-mail as I was on hold.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    09-21-2019 04:15 PM
    We pre-ordered our phones with Applecare+ with the theft protection. After setting up our phones we noticed the phones are telling us we don't have applecare on the device and offering for us to buy it. I checked the checkcoverage website and it doesn't show there either. Are things just delayed by all the new phones being activated? The purchase is definitely on the apple store invoice in the app. Previously I've been on the Upgrade Program and never had this issue but it's required on that so I guess it goes through on it's own. Don't know what's wrong this time (bought on payments instead) or how to fix this.
    Did you not get an Apple Care+ Proof of Coverage email?
    09-21-2019 10:07 PM
    Did you not get an Apple Care+ Proof of Coverage email?
    [IMG=237x512]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190922/d939989c80322d2fff9b4dc9533f3de6.jpg[/url]
    Not yet. We definitely paid for it though. It's on all the invoices. When I talked to Apple today it sounded like there's a number of people having this problem.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-21-2019 10:49 PM
    Not yet. We definitely paid for it though. It's on all the invoices. When I talked to Apple today it sounded like there's a number of people having this problem.
    Understood. Please keep the invoices in a safe place just in case....
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    09-21-2019 10:50 PM
    Understood. Please keep the invoices in a safe place just in case....
    Yeah it was all through the Apple store app in the phone. So it's there and emails.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-21-2019 10:59 PM
    Well, still didn't show up today. Talked to Apple again and they're suggesting waiting the full 72 hours so if it's not showing up by later tomorrow I'll be calling again probably first thing Tuesday. My wife's phone is still not showing it either (bought separately by her but at the same time during pre-orders through the Apple Store app).
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-22-2019 06:43 PM
    Well, still didn't show up today. Talked to Apple again and they're suggesting waiting the full 72 hours so if it's not showing up by later tomorrow I'll be calling again probably first thing Tuesday. My wife's phone is still not showing it either (bought separately by her but at the same time during pre-orders through the Apple Store app).
    I just checked the settings and it now shows that I have it with an expiration date of 9/20/21.
    Attached Thumbnails pre-ordered with Applecare+ and the theft protection, it's not showing?-98d3d726-4b97-49ae-ae6a-e3dcdf06cb09.jpeg  
    09-22-2019 06:54 PM
    I have the same issue I called and they told me to wait a bit
    09-22-2019 10:21 PM
    Well my wife just got the email. The phone still is offering to buy it but it probably hasn't updated yet. The email was 15 minutes ago. Hopefully mine comes through soon then as well.
    Annie_8plus and Just_Me_D like this.
    09-22-2019 10:39 PM
    Looks like I'm good to go as well. Just got my email. The checkcoverage site shows it as well as the main support site. The phone is still offering for me to buy it even through a restart but I'm guessing it will update itself soon. Actually it just did when I jumped into settings/about. So yeah if anyone else is going through this definitely give it 48 hours or so after activating the phone if it doesn't show right away.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-23-2019 01:50 AM
    It now shows it for me on the website but not on my phone itself
    Annie_8plus and Just_Me_D like this.
    09-23-2019 08:52 AM
    It now shows it for me on the website but not on my phone itself
    Try going to Settings/About as soon as I did that it refreshed itself. Strangely I now have a blank menu item in the main Settings where the thing to go buy applecare used to be. Persists through reboots and if you tap on it sort of takes you to the buy apple care thing but a broken version of it.
    09-23-2019 12:31 PM
    Oh, I just fixed that. Instead of tapping "cancel" at the top there was a "continue" and "not now" buttons at the bottom. Tapping "not now" removed it from the menu.
    09-23-2019 12:33 PM
    When I now click the AppleCare link it now tells me that my phone is not eligible for Apple care and that’s because I have it. Checked the website and it shows as me having it but won’t update on the phone menu. Normally I wouldn’t care but this is annoying
    09-23-2019 03:03 PM
    When I now click the AppleCare link it now tells me that my phone is not eligible for Apple care and that’s because I have it. Checked the website and it shows as me having it but won’t update on the phone menu. Normally I wouldn’t care but this is annoying
    Can you post a pic of what you see when you tap the applecare link from the main "settings" screen? When I did it I saw the applecare logo, then two lines that said "null" then at the bottom was a "continue" or something like "not now". When I tapped "not now" that's when it removed it from the menu. Before that I had gone to settings/general/about and the applecare info populated in there. You might check there first if you haven't yet to make sure the phone updated itself.
    09-23-2019 04:28 PM
    Can you post a pic of what you see when you tap the applecare link from the main "settings" screen? When I did it I saw the applecare logo, then two lines that said "null" then at the bottom was a "continue" or something like "not now". When I tapped "not now" that's when it removed it from the menu. Before that I had gone to settings/general/about and the applecare info populated in there. You might check there first if you haven't yet to make sure the phone updated itself.
    When I clicked it the first time it disappeared after doing what I did previously however it still tells me to purchase in about section
    09-23-2019 04:38 PM
    Oh hmmm, no idea sorry
    09-23-2019 04:48 PM
    Mine now showed up as normal in the settings
    flyinion likes this.
    09-24-2019 07:09 AM