pre-ordered with Applecare+ and the theft protection, it's not showing?

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
We pre-ordered our phones with Applecare+ with the theft protection. After setting up our phones we noticed the phones are telling us we don't have applecare on the device and offering for us to buy it. I checked the checkcoverage website and it doesn't show there either. Are things just delayed by all the new phones being activated? The purchase is definitely on the apple store invoice in the app. Previously I've been on the Upgrade Program and never had this issue but it's required on that so I guess it goes through on it's own. Don't know what's wrong this time (bought on payments instead) or how to fix this.

Anastayja1

Trusted Member
Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
I had the same issue. Wouldn’t recognize my serial number. I went through the phone and added it again and it worked. Said something about me having 55 days to add AppleCare(+) to my purchase. Now I have coverage. Hopefully the one that I added when I purchased will somehow phase itself out since I received an email that said I needed to finish setting it up? Never had to do that before. Maybe I’ll call Apple on Monday because it definitely should have been there.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I’d say probably because Apple is slammed right now, but I'd still follow up though.

Pre ordered mine via Tmobile and it's showing active:

0a3a2e36153b796ad050304637c1f98c.jpg

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I’d say probably because Apple is slammed right now, but I'd still follow up though.

Pre ordered mine via Tmobile and it's showing active:

0a3a2e36153b796ad050304637c1f98c.jpg

Is it worth it to try on the weekend or should I wait until Monday? I need to make sure it's fixed before Wednesday when I leave on vacation for 3 weeks.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
You're going to receive a confirmation e-mail pretty soon. Yesterday I picked up an 11 Pro at the store and added Apple Care monthly. When I checked on the phone and the website I was still being offered to add it on. Eight hours later I received an e-mail to confirm the AppleCare that I added in the store. I went ahead and added it to my iTunes Subscriptions after that.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Ok I'll keep an eye out. I did contact Apple just now and they said they've been getting calls about the issue and it should show up within 72 hours. We bought it through the store app when we pre-ordered. The invoice etc says "automatically added" which sounded like it should just be there like in the past when we used the upgrade program and they just send the proof of coverage. They're going to call back tomorrow to see if it's still not there.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Ok I'll keep an eye out. I did contact Apple just now and they said they've been getting calls about the issue and it should show up within 72 hours. We bought it through the store app when we pre-ordered

Ha. Yesterday I had the same worry and called Apple as well. When they directed me to another department I received the confirmation e-mail as I was on hold.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
We pre-ordered our phones with Applecare+ with the theft protection. After setting up our phones we noticed the phones are telling us we don't have applecare on the device and offering for us to buy it. I checked the checkcoverage website and it doesn't show there either. Are things just delayed by all the new phones being activated? The purchase is definitely on the apple store invoice in the app. Previously I've been on the Upgrade Program and never had this issue but it's required on that so I guess it goes through on it's own. Don't know what's wrong this time (bought on payments instead) or how to fix this.

Did you not get an Apple Care+ Proof of Coverage email?
d939989c80322d2fff9b4dc9533f3de6.jpg

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Not yet. We definitely paid for it though. It's on all the invoices. When I talked to Apple today it sounded like there's a number of people having this problem.

Understood. Please keep the invoices in a safe place just in case....

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Well, still didn't show up today. Talked to Apple again and they're suggesting waiting the full 72 hours so if it's not showing up by later tomorrow I'll be calling again probably first thing Tuesday. My wife's phone is still not showing it either (bought separately by her but at the same time during pre-orders through the Apple Store app).

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, still didn't show up today. Talked to Apple again and they're suggesting waiting the full 72 hours so if it's not showing up by later tomorrow I'll be calling again probably first thing Tuesday. My wife's phone is still not showing it either (bought separately by her but at the same time during pre-orders through the Apple Store app).
I just checked the settings and it now shows that I have it with an expiration date of 9/20/21.

Attachments

• 98D3D726-4B97-49AE-AE6A-E3DCDF06CB09.jpeg
    98D3D726-4B97-49AE-AE6A-E3DCDF06CB09.jpeg
    481.1 KB · Views: 0

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Well my wife just got the email. The phone still is offering to buy it but it probably hasn't updated yet. The email was 15 minutes ago. Hopefully mine comes through soon then as well.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Looks like I'm good to go as well. Just got my email. The checkcoverage site shows it as well as the main support site. The phone is still offering for me to buy it even through a restart but I'm guessing it will update itself soon. Actually it just did when I jumped into settings/about. So yeah if anyone else is going through this definitely give it 48 hours or so after activating the phone if it doesn't show right away.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
It now shows it for me on the website but not on my phone itself

Try going to Settings/About as soon as I did that it refreshed itself. Strangely I now have a blank menu item in the main Settings where the thing to go buy applecare used to be. Persists through reboots and if you tap on it sort of takes you to the buy apple care thing but a broken version of it.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Oh, I just fixed that. Instead of tapping "cancel" at the top there was a "continue" and "not now" buttons at the bottom. Tapping "not now" removed it from the menu.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox