Gold Gold Gold

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
So this is my first year doing something other than black or white. I went with gold not paying attention to the fact that Apple changed up the material so rather than the shiny gold I was expecting it’s a matte material.

Man...this phone is beautiful. I went with a clear case so it can be seen but the clear case even distracts from how good it looks lol.

Well done Apple. The Pro looks like it deserves the Pro moniker if nothing else.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I was set to get a Silver and when I got to the store I changed to midnight green. Looks much better in my opinion. The gold looks very nice with its frosted glass

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
My 6S+ was gold, then I went to space gray for my iPhoneX. Was contemplating going back to gold... but midnight green was too tempting. My device delivers today ... hope I made the right choice! I’ll have to check out the other colors in the apple store this weekend

Peaceful_Moi

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Man...this phone is beautiful. I went with a clear case so it can be seen but the clear case even distracts from how good it looks lol.

Would it be possible to see photos of your new phone with the clear case? (I'm trying to decide if I want to upgrade from my beautiful, gold iPhone 8, and appearance is a big thing for me.)

Peaceful_Moi

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Thanks very much! You have been a big help. Am I correct in my perception that the clear case doesn't seem to "draw out" or reflect the gold color of the stainless band?

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I really thought my brother got the grey. He told me the midnight green
I saw them today. If I was getting would definitely be the green. But am keeping my max
Have had it 7 months. Still paying on it and want to see what 2020 brings

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Wow that Gold is stunning

I was taken aback by how good this gold looks. I dislike using a case lol.

That said, I did purchase the Saddle Brown leather Apple case this evening while out lol. The gold in the camera peeking out accents the brown nicely.

A_M_W

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
My 6S+ was gold, then I went to space gray for my iPhoneX. Was contemplating going back to gold... but midnight green was too tempting. My device delivers today ... hope I made the right choice! I’ll have to check out the other colors in the apple store this weekend

The midnight green is even nicer in real life than in the pics and videos.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Did you get the Apple clear case? If so, are the buttons still kinda hard to push like they were on the XR case?

Nah I didn't get the Apple branded case. I got a cheap clear Insignia case primarily to have something to throw the phone in until I decided on a different option.

I've since purchased the Apple leather case.

The buttons on both cases are just fine though. Haven't noticed any difficulty in pressing them.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner