First Impressions Of 11 Pro

love4speechless

Sep 25, 2018
Visit site
Being from Australia I am lucky in the fact that we also get our phones on the 20th of September so I have my phone already.

These are my initial thoughts.

The back of the case is amazing. The new back of the case is much less slippery than the previous iPhones. You could use it easily without a case if you wanted to

This thing is fast. Even compared to my XS Max. Rearranging apps I noticed it. No lag scrolling from screen to screen. Amazing.

Battery life is out of this world. So far I have been off the charge for over an hour and my phone is still at 100%. Wow

Camera is phenomenal. Probably my favourite thing about it is how easy it is to switch between the different cameras and how fast it is. You would not be able to tell it was different cameras. The speed of it you would think it was all the one camera. The camera hump doesn’t protrude as much as I thought it would.

The one negative is I don’t know if this will be the case for everyone but apple this time didn’t include a sim ejector tool in the box so at the moment I am using the device over the portable hotspot while I wait for my esim to come next week

Edit: Sim ejection tool is now found and I finally have 4G coverage on my new phone *facepalm* How the hell did I miss that LOL

What are your initial thoughts on the device?IMG_3195.JPG

IMG_3196.JPG

IMG_3197.JPG

IMG_3198.JPG

Last edited:

mamutarka

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
hmm, pictures I posted on imgur, have nothing to do with shutter lag, pictures are here to showoff iPhone 11 Pro and XS comparisson :D

shutter lag is my observation after using both

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Being from Australia I am lucky in the fact that we also get our phones on the 20th of September so I have my phone already.

These are my initial thoughts.

The back of the case is amazing. The new back of the case is much less slippery than the previous iPhones. You could use it easily without a case if you wanted to

This thing is fast. Even compared to my XS Max. Rearranging apps I noticed it. No lag scrolling from screen to screen. Amazing.

Battery life is out of this world. So far I have been off the charge for over an hour and my phone is still at 100%. Wow

Camera is phenomenal. Probably my favourite thing about it is how easy it is to switch between the different cameras and how fast it is. You would not be able to tell it was different cameras. The speed of it you would think it was all the one camera. The camera hump doesn’t protrude as much as I thought it would.

The one negative is I don’t know if this will be the case for everyone but apple this time didn’t include a sim ejector tool in the box so at the moment I am using the device over the portable hotspot while I wait for my esim to come next week

What are your initial thoughts on the device?View attachment 126883

View attachment 126884

View attachment 126885

View attachment 126886

Excellent first impressions post, and thank you for sharing it with us...

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for sharing your first impression on the 11 Pro, this was the first time I haven’t updated to the latest device and decided to hang on to my XS which has served me well.

I still may update to the 11 Pro at a later date, but now that I have been retired and on a fixed income, anything we buy has to be value added and just didn’t feel spending a 1,000 dollars on a new device at this time was a necessity.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
80c021056b3cf41a042f17a6c190dad5.jpg

My 11 Pro came with the SIM eject tool.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
It’s annoying me so much. I’m going to talk to my phone carrier about it tomorrow and see if they can put it in for me at my local store

Apple hasn’t provided a sim ejector for quite some time here in the states, maybe around the iPhone 4. You can use a paperclip and it will work.

If not, your local carrier should get you sorted.

mamutarka

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
screen on XS is so much brighter than 11 Pro

I have both on max to compare, and 11 pro looks half dark compared do XS

(everything off-true tone, automatic brightness, night shift)

shouldn't 11 Pro have better brightness?

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
screen on XS is so much brighter than 11 Pro

I have both on max to compare, and 11 pro looks half dark compared do XS

(everything off-true tone, automatic brightness, night shift)

shouldn't 11 Pro have better brightness?

This is interesting, one of the big things they touted at the keynote was the brightness.

love4speechless

Sep 25, 2018
Visit site
Thanks for sharing your first impression on the 11 Pro, this was the first time I haven’t updated to the latest device and decided to hang on to my XS which has served me well.

I still may update to the 11 Pro at a later date, but now that I have been retired and on a fixed income, anything we buy has to be value added and just didn’t feel spending a 1,000 dollars on a new device at this time was a necessity.

You’re very welcome :) I have an Xs Max and wasn’t going to update but the camera won me over. Especially seeing as my carrier only charges $149 plus return of device to upgrade once every twelve months

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711