First Impressions Of 11 Pro

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I read Apple is aware of the shutter lag and the release of 13.1 should fix it

Good to know. Definitely have some shutter lag on mine. Hasn’t happened every shot but it’s there. Oddly haven’t experienced it in Night Mode which is where it would be expected.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Nice write up - thanks! Can’t wait to start mine up this afternoon when I get back from work .

By any chance are you on iOS 13.1 beta? Is it compatible with the 11 pro?

13.1 beta 4 (dev) here.
I signed in on developer.apple.com (from the 11 Pro Max) and downloaded and installed the beta profile.
Checked for updates and there it was. 3.7GB download.
Once phone was updated I backed up my XS Max and restored the backup to my 11 Pro Max and all is well.

I wish this phone was USB-C. Lightning is still USB 2.0 so restoring is capped at 35MB/S which can take a while if you have tons of pics, video, etc.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
13.1 beta 4 (dev) here.
I signed in on developer.apple.com and downloaded the profile.
Checked for updates and there it was. 3.7GB download.
Once phone was updated I backed up my XS Max and restored the backup to my 11 Pro Max and all is well.

Great to hear!

UPS estimated my phone would be delivered by 3pm ... it’s a quarter to 8 and I’m still waiting but I’m expecting (hopefully) a similar experience when I finally get my hands on the device!

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Great to hear!

UPS estimated my phone would be delivered by 3pm ... it’s a quarter to 8 and I’m still waiting but I’m expecting (hopefully) a similar experience when I finally get my hands on the device!

Yes UPS gets here LATE! Hate that. The only time they come early is when they're delivering something dumb like a broom or dog food! I picked mine up at the Apple store and waited nearly 2 hours in line. Was surprised to see that. I thought this would be a "meh" release. Looks like the demand for the pro models is high.

love4speechless

Sep 25, 2018
Visit site
Ok this is unbelievable. I’ve been sleeping and my phone has been off the charger for 12 hours and is still at 90% To say I’m impressed is an understatement

IMG_0069.JPG

IMG_0070.JPG

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I set up my 11 Pro last night, with the iPhone-to-iPhone migration. I had to reset it once, because my migration failed miserably because Apple's servers failed to validate my Apple ID.

Here are my first impressions:
What I don't like

• The lack of 3D Touch makes it extremely difficult to move the cursor precisely in the different fields. I'm used to 3D Touching on the keyboard for the trackpad. Also, reorganizing apps isn't as quick as it was on my iPhone 6s.
  • The carrier name on the left notch side

What I like

• The battery life.. I got to 20% at 23:00 last night, and it's been active since 11:00 yesterday.
  • The speed, since it feels a lot faster than my old iPhone 6s. And the iPhone 6s was no slowpoke with iOS 13.
  • The migration process. Personally, I had to do a lot of setup to get it exactly how I want it to be, but if you want to transfer most of your data, you can do so as well. Important to note that some app data does not migrate, like token apps.
  • Everything else

torbjornhb

Jun 28, 2018
Visit site
If I understand this correct, since I'm on 13.1 beta now, I should set up the new phone as a "new device", and then install the beta profile on the new phone, before I restore the backup from the old phone?

vhl71

Feb 26, 2018
Visit site
Setup my 11 pro last night. Love the midnight green colour. No chance to test the camera features in detail yet.
One disappointing thing with iOS 13 is lack of 3D Touch. Even though it’s haptic touch now I don’t get shortcuts like directly messaging to my latest contact by long pressing message icon. Now I only get shortcut for new message, not to the people I frequently text like iOS 12.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I have to say I miss 3D Touch as well! Being able to move the cursor was one of my most used features.

I’ll get used to living without it though, the phone looks incredible and the cameras and battery life are insanely good!

Team George

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
If I understand this correct, since I'm on 13.1 beta now, I should set up the new phone as a "new device", and then install the beta profile on the new phone, before I restore the backup from the old phone?

Yes I had to do this - bit of a long process but got there in the end.

- Set up as new phone
- download profile then install beta
- The delete all content and settings
- Then restore from backup from old phone.

torbjornhb

Jun 28, 2018
Visit site
Thanks.
There is no way to downgrade my old phone I guess? Or I could do a restore from a backup from before I installed The beta...

Team George

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
I also really love this phone. Had the Xs Max but decided to go for the smaller version 11 Pro. I find it easier to hold and less bulky in the pocket. Other things I like have all been said:

- Quite a big difference in speed and Internet feels faster??
- Slofies are hilarious especially if you have long hair like my daughter
- Midnight Green is far nicer than I thought it would be.
- Battery life seems good

I do miss 3D Touch for making corrections although you can hold down the space bar just not any part of the keyboard. Overall, probably worth it for battery savings.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I do miss 3D Touch for making corrections although you can hold down the space bar just not any part of the keyboard. Overall, probably worth it for battery savings.

I had no idea you could do that! Just changed my life haha

Haptic touch is a bit “slower” than 3D Touch since you have to long press instead of simply pressing harder to have the options pop up instantaneously. But since the functionality is there, it’ll just take some getting used to

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Yes I had to do this - bit of a long process but got there in the end.

- Set up as new phone
- download profile then install beta
- The delete all content and settings
- Then restore from backup from old phone.

You don't actually need to delete everything after installing the beta. I plugged into my PC and iTunes straight up offered to restore my backup to it. I supposed yeah if you want to restore from iCloud then yeah you'd have to wipe it again.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
A very nice improvement from my old ip8. Camera is better, battery life is better and screen is better. I also selected a new Verizon plan so after the changes my bill goes down $9 a month with the new ip11pro and keeping my ip8, I can’t complain.