What cases are you getting for your iPhone 11 Pro?

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
That sucks man. So what case are you rocking at the moment?

Black OB Symmetry, its a little bit wider than the Rugged, but same thickness/height and exactly the same 35g weight, the buttons are excellent as good or better than the Apple leather. OB really nailed it for a protective case, some say the back is a bit slippery, has a bit of a texture to it, but the sides have good grip so doesn't matter imo.

9C526D74-1F9A-46DB-A0EE-15003E96D6A6.jpg70E0B895-9BC3-491A-8E3F-370E9B43D4BF.jpg

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Black OB Symmetry, its a little bit wider than the Rugged, but same thickness/height and exactly the same 35g weight, the buttons are excellent as good or better than the Apple leather. OB really nailed it for a protective case, some say the back is a bit slippery, has a bit of a texture to it, but the sides have good grip so doesn't matter imo.

View attachment 127748View attachment 127749

That actually looks good man. I was thinking of OB, but just ordered an Apple black leather case lol.

If it sucks, I will send it back and may pickup an OB. Hopefully they have a Black Friday sale going on.

So it is not that bulky I guess?

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
That actually looks good man. I was thinking of OB, but just ordered an Apple black leather case lol.

If it sucks, I will send it back and may pickup an OB. Hopefully they have a Black Friday sale going on.

So it is not that bulky I guess?

It's bigger than the Apple case but not bad, i got mine for $20 when i bought a pair of Bose 700 lol. The Black Apple leather is not black if you didn't know like last years, more charcoal grey.
I prefer a case with bottom coverage after dropping a 7 plus once, it landed on the car seat rail and dinted the bottom, in a Apple leather case.
Someone on macrumors did the same recently with a 11 pro hitting the road in a Apple leather and chipped the phone. All about where it lands.

Anastayja1

Trusted Member
Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
How do you like it?

I don’t typically do folio cases but I am growing to like this one. The phone is still comfortable to hold and isn’t as bulky as I thought it would be. I also think the leather is nice. To be completely transparent, it is also the closest to a purple case I could get from Apple right now since I am starting to prefer Apple cases over others for my phones. I have two Velvet Caviar cases and though they are pretty, they are a chore to get off and I absolutely hate having to work hard to get a case off.

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Nice, give us a review when you get it.

Got it today. Put it on tonight. I am sending it back lol. It just felt too plasticky. The shiny part of the sides of the case would be scratch prone, and I did not think it was as grippy as advertised. Buttons were nice but overall not feeling it.

Not sure what to get now. At the moment just have a Caudabe Sheath.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Got it today. Put it on tonight. I am sending it back lol. It just felt too plasticky. The shiny part of the sides of the case would be scratch prone, and I did not think it was as grippy as advertised. Buttons were nice but overall not feeling it.

Not sure what to get now. At the moment just have a Caudabe Sheath.

I have had a few sheaths, last one for max i dropped it a few feet off a cupboard and it hit the bottom draw, the case came away on the side and chipped and cracked my $40 glass screen protector. Only thing i don't like with them the sides come away easy, wouldn't of happened with a OB Symmetry. So didn't get one this time.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Otterbox Defender every time. I’ve tried many others and always go back to that one. Love the feel and protection it provides.

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
I have had a few sheaths, last one for max i dropped it a few feet off a cupboard and it hit the bottom draw, the case came away on the side and chipped and cracked my $40 glass screen protector. Only thing i don't like with them the sides come away easy, wouldn't of happened with a OB Symmetry. So didn't get one this time.

I hear you man. Yeah I have had some where the sides are a bit loose, but nothing that we stop me from using one. I have always loved their cases.

So, just got the OB Symmetry same as you delivered today via Amazon prime. Buttons are awesome! Probably better than the Apple leather case as you said. I will give it time, I just wish the back was a bit more grippy if that makes sense. It slides across a table too easily.

I was checking out the new UAG Civilian. Looks good minus the orange colors along the front. seems nice and grippy though. I would likely send this OB back to try the UAG out, but not sure what to do. Have you or anyone else here tried one of the new UAG's by chance?

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I hear you man. Yeah I have had some where the sides are a bit loose, but nothing that we stop me from using one. I have always loved their cases.

So, just got the OB Symmetry same as you delivered today via Amazon prime. Buttons are awesome! Probably better than the Apple leather case as you said. I will give it time, I just wish the back was a bit more grippy if that makes sense. It slides across a table too easily.

I was checking out the new UAG Civilian. Looks good minus the orange colors along the front. seems nice and grippy though. I would likely send this OB back to try the UAG out, but not sure what to do. Have you or anyone else here tried one of the new UAG's by chance?

Ok, yeah the sheath is solid if you don't pull at the sides but not stiff.

I don't mind the back of OB and how it moves when you slide it easily, the grip on sides are more important to me.

I did read the UAG civilian was slippery on sides and is a finger print magnet from what i saw on the back, OB is good in that regard.
I don't like the orange too all black would of been better. I tried a pathfinder and it was like a bar of soap, the plasmas and the monarch are the best for grip.

There's some threads on macrumors about the civilian and other cases that's very active.

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Ok, yeah the sheath is solid if you don't pull at the sides but not stiff.

I don't mind the back of OB and how it moves when you slide it easily, the grip on sides are more important to me.

I did read the UAG civilian was slippery on sides and is a finger print magnet from what i saw on the back, OB is good in that regard.
I don't like the orange too all black would of been better. I tried a pathfinder and it was like a bar of soap, the plasmas and the monarch are the best for grip.

There's some threads on macrumors about the civilian and other cases that's very active.

Yeah I looked at some YouTube videos after I posted this earlier and it indeed looks like a fingerprint magnet, so its now out lol. Getting more used to the OB but still on the hunt. Wish I could find a decent leather case that I liked. What other cases do you have aside from the OB?

I've had other UAG in the past but always got rid of them in the end. I do like Speck Presidio Grip but after awhile they wear out, so not even going to bother getting one this time around.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I have a dBrand Grip case on order as well.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Yeah I looked at some YouTube videos after I posted this earlier and it indeed looks like a fingerprint magnet, so its now out lol. Getting more used to the OB but still on the hunt. Wish I could find a decent leather case that I liked. What other cases do you have aside from the OB

I've had other UAG in the past but always got rid of them in the end. I do like Speck Presidio Grip but after awhile they wear out, so not even going to bother getting one this time around.

I only have another thin carbon case. I was hunting around over the weekend but nothing took my fancy. It's summer here so may just stick with the OB, good around pools/surf and can get wet.
I did look at the Mujjo leather, but remembered i had one before and the leather was kind a sticky.
The evutec carbon was a great XR case i had, but the pro ones are not a good fit from reading.

I really want the Apple leather folio but it's $199 here.

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
I only have another thin carbon case. I was hunting around over the weekend but nothing took my fancy. It's summer here so may just stick with the OB, good around pools/surf and can get wet.
I did look at the Mujjo leather, but remembered i had one before and the leather was kind a sticky.
The evutec carbon was a great XR case i had, but the pro ones are not a good fit from reading.

I really want the Apple leather folio but it's $199 here.

I have mainly been on the hunt for a nice leather case. Still looking lol. Apple Folio price is insane!

Anastayja1

Trusted Member
Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
My newest case!

e8e3e4683b48268ccc450c39baa803bc.plist

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member