Pre Order day is here!!!

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I was thinking about pre-ordering but I can't, I want to pick it up in a retail store and they're not letting people choose the retail pickup option yet.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah same here. At least with my laptop I had issues but was able to get in with no problems on my iPad. Go figure. Lol

I honestly don't know why they still lock the site down before release. iPhones haven't sold out on release day in years.

Pretty sure everything available for release day sold out in a few minutes.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I went ahead and preordered the midnight green 256 iPhone 11 pro. I’ll be going from the iP8 to the 11 pro via a trade to my sister for her ip7. Verizon is giving the same value for trade in on the iphone 7 and 8 so my sister gets a free iPhone upgrade (ip7-128gb to iP8-256gb).

strikeIII

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Pretty sure everything available for release day sold out in a few minutes.
Sorry, I'm talking about on release day for pre-orders online. They haven't sold out within the first hours on AT&T website in years which is why I mentioned that the ridiculous waiting page is not even necessary anymore. And from the looks of it all models are still available to be delivered by the 20th on AT&T site.

Last edited:

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I was thinking about pre-ordering but I can't, I want to pick it up in a retail store and they're not letting people choose the retail pickup option yet.

They were, but if you were not seeing it as an option that means the configuration you chose (model, color, storage, etc.) was already sold out for your store.

matboud

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
Anyone on T-mobile using Jump On-Demand to upgrade? This is the first time I have been asked to make a $180 down payment towards the base storage model. Just wondering if others are getting quoted the same.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I'm talking about on release day for pre-orders online. They haven't sold out on AT&T website in years which is why I mentioned that the ridiculous waiting page is not even necessary anymore. And from the looks of it all models are still available to be delivered by the 20th on AT&T site.

Apparently someone in this thread ordered less than 15 minutes after the apple store online opened at 5am PST this morning and was quoted a delivery date of sept 27-oct 1. The same thing happened to me when I ordered my iPhoneX about two years ago - something was off with my card’s expiration date and it took me about 15-20 mins to actually place my order and I couldn’t receive the phone until 2 weeks after release day.

I used to order through Verizon, and they may say delivery by whatever date, but I wouldn’t always actually get it on that date, Apple at least tells you and exact date. Not sure if AT&T is more reliable or if just far fewer people order directly through their phone carrier nowadays.

strikeIII

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Apparently someone in this thread ordered less than 15 minutes after the apple store online opened at 5am PST this morning and was quoted a delivery date of sept 27-oct 1. The same thing happened to me when I ordered my iPhoneX about two years ago - something was off with my card’s expiration date and it took me about 15-20 mins to actually place my order and I couldn’t receive the phone until 2 weeks after release day.

I used to order through Verizon, and they may say delivery by whatever date, but I wouldn’t always actually get it on that date, Apple at least tells you and exact date. Not sure if AT&T is more reliable or if just far fewer people order directly through their phone carrier nowadays.
AT&T is pretty accurate with their delivery dates and will push it back when they reach a certain amount of orders like the Apple store site. From my experience carriers typically carry more than Apple. Since they're far more carriers they need to cater to.

Steven Sabo

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
I found it also interesting that the AT&T Next program changed this year. Gone from me selecting it was the 24 month option. It only allowed me a 30 month. And now if you want to upgrade every year, you need to enroll in the $5 a month upgrade feature which doesn't go towards the price of the phone. That is totally different from the last time I used next for my phone. I never have traded one in after a year as I just finish paying it off outright, but that is totally a crappy deal.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I put it in the cart (Space Gray 256) + Product Red Silicone Case and 2-Year Apple Care w/ loss... and there it sits. Odds are I will never click submit. I am just NOT feeling it... no excitement.

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
Ordered 11 Pro Max in Dark Green at 8am and then Cancelled it at 11am...
fba78aecc311df3c60b2b073a5e432d5.jpg

KrisYYC

Sep 23, 2017
Visit site
I pre-ordered the iPhone 11 Pro 256GB in Midnight Green. I chose in store pickup as I find that more fun haha. I was up at the crack of dawn to order it. Good thing I did because that configuration is showing delivery dates into early October now, and in store pickup as unavailable.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I found it also interesting that the AT&T Next program changed this year. Gone from me selecting it was the 24 month option. It only allowed me a 30 month. And now if you want to upgrade every year, you need to enroll in the $5 a month upgrade feature which doesn't go towards the price of the phone. That is totally different from the last time I used next for my phone. I never have traded one in after a year as I just finish paying it off outright, but that is totally a crappy deal.

The difference between the 24 month payment and 30 month payment is usually more than $5. This sounds like a better deal if it’s the 30 month plan + 5 a month to up grade in 12 months.

Steven Sabo

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
The difference between the 24 month payment and 30 month payment is usually more than $5. This sounds like a better deal if it’s the 30 month plan + 5 a month to up grade in 12 months.

It you still need to have 50% of the phone lid off. So basically they are charging an extra $60 to upgrade

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I pre-ordered the green pro 64gb. So glad they had the sim free version from day 1. Had all sorts of issues ordering but it went through.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
It you still need to have 50% of the phone lid off. So basically they are charging an extra $60 to upgrade

If you have to pay 50% of the total on a 30 month plan then you can’t upgrade until 15 months. Something is wrong with your math. If you can upgrade after 12 payments out of 30 payments + the extra $60 then that’s a better deal than the current 24 month plan.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
They were, but if you were not seeing it as an option that means the configuration you chose (model, color, storage, etc.) was already sold out for your store.
WOW! We're not even close to the actual release day and yet you're telling me that stores are already sold out? I can't wrap my mind around that concept.

Technically the devices aren't in the store's inventory yet, they're still at Apple's shipping depots. How can the system say that a device is out of stock when the device isn't even in the store's inventory yet? I figure that when you pre-order now you're essentially telling Apple to send a device from the shipping depot to your store of choice with your name on it.

Or am I barking up the wrong tree here?

Every configuration that I choose indicates that pickup is unavailable at both the Crocker Park and the Eton Apple Stores.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro