Torn Between Pro and 11

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I’m used to the screen of the 6+ and 8+ so that doesn’t bother me too much

I just don’t like that the camera doesn’t have telephoto. If the cameras on the 11 were telephoto and wide angle this wouldn’t even be a question of what phone I want to get. I’m worried about having a camera that only takes wide angle pictures :/

I am literally obsessed with the purple. I was so excited when they announced the 11 and bought a case for it until I discovered that it was two wide angle cameras and no telephoto. How the heck do you even take photos that are only wide angle lol

From what I can tell, the "wide" camera is the standard iPhone camera -- just for some reason they decided to call it wide for these models. You can also take "telephoto" pictures using the optical zoom, if you need to (can't get closer to the subject) and they will come out decent, since the HDR+ will sharpen the image quality.

I was telling myself I wasn’t going to update this time too lol. But then they announced the size, wide angle and night mode and I was sold. The phone company I’m with has two year contracts but allows you to return your phone in good condition after 12 months and get a new phone on a new contract so I usually upload one a year. I just don’t know which phone to go with this time. I’m worried that the 5.8’ screen is going to be too small. 6.1’ sounds like the sweet spot. Purple is a no brainer. It’s just the fact that it’s two wide angle cameras and no telephoto camera that I am even considering the pro

Personally, I bought the Purple and am happy with it. The LCD looks great, and doesn't cause some of the eye strain that OLEDs can. There just aren't a lot of differences beyond the size, extra camera, and LCD vs OLED; the 11 is a great phone. And this is even before considering it is $350 cheaper (since 64GB is not enough)

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
From what I can tell, the "wide" camera is the standard iPhone camera -- just for some reason they decided to call it wide for these models. You can also take "telephoto" pictures using the optical zoom, if you need to (can't get closer to the subject) and they will come out decent, since the HDR+ will sharpen the image quality.

Personally, I bought the Purple and am happy with it. The LCD looks great, and doesn't cause some of the eye strain that OLEDs can. There just aren't a lot of differences beyond the size, extra camera, and LCD vs OLED; the 11 is a great phone. And this is even before considering it is $350 cheaper (since 64GB is not enough)

Nice! The price of the phone itself is a major factor when it comes to purchase decisions. “Is a telephoto lens and better display worth the extra $350 ?”is the main question I guess

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Coming from the XR, I was all in on the 11. I don’t know when that changed but I picked up the 11 Pro on Thursday afternoon.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I’m happy with my choice. I didn’t know how much I’d missed OLED until I was looking at one again.

That’s exactly how I always felt when I tried the XR and went back to my X. Yes, the lcd isn’t bad and your eyes definitely adjust to the screen but once you set that down and go to an OLED device you realize the difference.

As much as I enjoy the XR size, the display to me is more important in the smaller 5.8” phone.

What color pro did you go with?

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
That’s exactly how I always felt when I tried the XR and went back to my X. Yes, the lcd isn’t bad and your eyes definitely adjust to the screen but once you set that down and go to an OLED device you realize the difference.

As much as I enjoy the XR size, the display to me is more important in the smaller 5.8” phone.

What color pro did you go with?

I went with space grey but I was tempted to go with that green once I saw it in person.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Is the camera difference worth $300 more?

For some yes and for some no. I see the OP (@love4speechless) ended up going with the Pro. It's not just the extra money for the camera it's the whole 11 Pro package similar to luxury packages when you purchase a car. The base model vs the luxury model with different packages.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2