Torn Between Pro and 11

love4speechless

Sep 25, 2018
Visit site
I’m so torn. I love both the 11 and 11 pro for different reasons

11:

Comes in my favorite color (purple)
Is the perfect size for me. I want a smaller phone than the Max this time and the 11 is in the middle of the two in terms of size.
Love the price of the 11

11 pro:

Would be getting the pro not the pro Max so it will be a bit smaller but that’s ok
I am obsessed with the camera. The fact that the 11 only has wide angle lenses is bothering me
Better battery life even without having the Max

I seriously don’t know what to do. I have ordered a case for both the 11 and the 11 pro. I’ll be interested to see the prices of contract for the two devices with my phone company

These are just the thoughts I’m mulling over

love4speechless

Sep 25, 2018
Visit site
Decisions Decisions

I feel you will make the right one

I have a feeling the telephoto lens of the pro is going to win me over unless the pro is some exorbitant price and then I will get the 11.

Gahhh why can’t there be a 11 pro 6.1’ in purple and then it would be settled lmao

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I have a feeling the telephoto lens of the pro is going to win me over unless the pro is some exorbitant price and then I will get the 11.

Gahhh why can’t there be a 11 pro 6.1’ in purple and then it would be settled lmao

Right? After all these years they came out with green so maybe there’s hope for us purple lovers. Someday...

For me when it comes to the camera system I’m always going to go for the latest and greatest if I’m upgrading. The 11 peaked my interest as well but it would be a lateral move camera wise from my XS. If I weren’t going for a Max I could easily pass up the Pro cameras and stay with my XS. Zero help I know.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I am torn too!! I wasn't planning on upgrading anytime soon since I spent 1,200 last year on the Iphone XS :(. But this 5.8 inch screen isn't cutting it anymore (typos nearly every time I text someone LOL). I can deal with the 6.1 inch screen for the 11 as I seen the XR in stores and liked how it felt like a 7 Plus (which is what I use to have). But the Pro's cameras and screen are appealing. Apples trade in program is giving me 500 for my XS so

Here is the decision I have to make

Trade in Iphone XS for iPhone 11 and only pay 250 for 128 GB with 6.1 Inch screen

Trade in iphone XS for iPhone 11 Pro Max (256 GB) for 749

Budget wise spending the 250 for the iphone 11 makes the most sense, but the tech junkie and apple fanboy in me wants the latest and greatest LOL. If I do bite the bullet for the pro, I SWEAR it shall be the last time I upgrade iphones for at least 3 years or more, bank on it lol.

I know this is weird, but any advice for me to keep in mind to make a decision would be appreciated!

love4speechless

Sep 25, 2018
Visit site
I want the iPhone 11 because of the size of it. I’m worried that the 11 pro is going to be too small. If the camera on the 11 was telephoto and wide I would be getting the 11 without question, but it’s not. I don’t know how I feel about getting a camera that only takes wide shots. That’s my biggest dilemma and the reason why the pro is even staying in the picture

love4speechless

Sep 25, 2018
Visit site
Think about the screen itself, the Pro model has an OLED screen.

I’m used to the screen of the 6+ and 8+ so that doesn’t bother me too much

Is the camera difference worth $300 more?

I just don’t like that the camera doesn’t have telephoto. If the cameras on the 11 were telephoto and wide angle this wouldn’t even be a question of what phone I want to get. I’m worried about having a camera that only takes wide angle pictures :/

Right? After all these years they came out with green so maybe there’s hope for us purple lovers. Someday...

For me when it comes to the camera system I’m always going to go for the latest and greatest if I’m upgrading. The 11 peaked my interest as well but it would be a lateral move camera wise from my XS. If I weren’t going for a Max I could easily pass up the Pro cameras and stay with my XS. Zero help I know.

I am literally obsessed with the purple. I was so excited when they announced the 11 and bought a case for it until I discovered that it was two wide angle cameras and no telephoto. How the heck do you even take photos that are only wide angle lol

I am torn too!! I wasn't planning on upgrading anytime soon since I spent 1,200 last year on the Iphone XS :(. But this 5.8 inch screen isn't cutting it anymore (typos nearly every time I text someone LOL). I can deal with the 6.1 inch screen for the 11 as I seen the XR in stores and liked how it felt like a 7 Plus (which is what I use to have). But the Pro's cameras and screen are appealing. Apples trade in program is giving me 500 for my XS so

Here is the decision I have to make

Trade in Iphone XS for iPhone 11 and only pay 250 for 128 GB with 6.1 Inch screen

Trade in iphone XS for iPhone 11 Pro Max (256 GB) for 749

Budget wise spending the 250 for the iphone 11 makes the most sense, but the tech junkie and apple fanboy in me wants the latest and greatest LOL. If I do bite the bullet for the pro, I SWEAR it shall be the last time I upgrade iphones for at least 3 years or more, bank on it lol.

I know this is weird, but any advice for me to keep in mind to make a decision would be appreciated!

I was telling myself I wasn’t going to update this time too lol. But then they announced the size, wide angle and night mode and I was sold. The phone company I’m with has two year contracts but allows you to return your phone in good condition after 12 months and get a new phone on a new contract so I usually upload one a year. I just don’t know which phone to go with this time. I’m worried that the 5.8’ screen is going to be too small. 6.1’ sounds like the sweet spot. Purple is a no brainer. It’s just the fact that it’s two wide angle cameras and no telephoto camera that I am even considering the pro

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I’m so torn. I love both the 11 and 11 pro for different reasons

11:

Comes in my favorite color (purple)
Is the perfect size for me. I want a smaller phone than the Max this time and the 11 is in the middle of the two in terms of size.
Love the price of the 11

11 pro:

Would be getting the pro not the pro Max so it will be a bit smaller but that’s ok
I am obsessed with the camera. The fact that the 11 only has wide angle lenses is bothering me
Better battery life even without having the Max

I seriously don’t know what to do. I have ordered a case for both the 11 and the 11 pro. I’ll be interested to see the prices of contract for the two devices with my phone company

These are just the thoughts I’m mulling over

I have the same conundrum! And when it comes down to it, the camera matters. I would need to see the phones before deciding. And I'm not sure that I'm getting one this go around. Time will tell! :D

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I just want to know how you take portrait photos on a wide-angle lens lol

Good question! I don’t really know for sure, but I’m guessing it would probably be one of the settings down at the bottom of the screen when you’re in the camera view. I did a screenshot to demonstrate what I mean.

Screen Shot of camera options.jpg

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I just don’t want to get the iPhone 11 and find out it only takes photos in landscape lol

I can understand your concern, but I'm not sure that that would happen. Probably the best thing to do would be to go an Apple Store and ask that question before of course, you decide on whether or not to purchase it!

love4speechless

Sep 25, 2018
Visit site
Ok I love the size of this thing in my hands. It’s perfect

(iPhone 11 case)

f87412e96e290ddb3e9f001a7b58872c.jpg

412cfd584fc975212e77737ae5e47587.jpg

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
I’d probably go for the 11 Pro, because it comes with the complete camera setup and an OLED display with slimmer bezels. The 11 looks like a good phone, but for me the lack of an OLED display is a deal-breaker....otherwise I’d definitely recommend the 11 for the size.

No matter how incremental the improvements may be, it seems that the new camera system and improved battery life are going to be the main upgrades. Not sure if I’d recommend them as an upgrade from someone using the X, XR or XS (Max) but given the slightly lower pricing compared to last year, new cameras which look great and (finally) decent battery capacities I’d strongly recommend an upgrade to enthusiasts using the iPhone 6/7/8.

love4speechless

Sep 25, 2018
Visit site
I’d probably go for the 11 Pro, because it comes with the complete camera setup and an OLED display with slimmer bezels. The 11 looks like a good phone, but for me the lack of an OLED display is a deal-breaker....otherwise I’d definitely recommend the 11 for the size.

No matter how incremental the improvements may be, it seems that the new camera system and improved battery life are going to be the main upgrades. Not sure if I’d recommend them as an upgrade from someone using the X, XR or XS (Max) but given the slightly lower pricing compared to last year, new cameras which look great and (finally) decent battery capacities I’d strongly recommend an upgrade to enthusiasts using the iPhone 6/7/8.

The more I think about it the more I’m thinking I’m going to go with the 11 pro. I have a xs Max but my phone company allows me to trade in my phone once every twelve months with a $149 fee and get a new phone. I tend to upgrade every year

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro