Wasn’t Going To Update, Now Can’t Wait

love4speechless

Sep 25, 2018
Visit site
I went into this keynote not sure whether I was going to upgrade. Thinking it would only be an incremental upgrade in the camera. Wow Apple has blown me away.

The wide lens. Night mode. The fact that you can take a video without having to switch between them. That convinced me to get the iPhone 11.

Then they said “we have more for you” and I literally said “what could be better.” Then they announced the Pro.

The ultra wide angle lens. Yet again the night mode.

I wasn’t going to update. Now I can’t wait to preorder.

Well done Apple. You’ve done it again

(And the camera hump doesn’t look as big as the leaks made it out to be)

What is everyone else’s thoughts?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You must take a lot of photos. I don't take many photos. So would probably not use those features much. I'll wait til next year.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I also said I wasn’t going to upgrade. But, I have to get a iPhone 11 pro in my hand and play with it and as usual my excitement will override my budget common sense and I will buy one anyways.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I also said I wasn’t going to upgrade. But, I have to get a iPhone 11 pro in my hand and play with it and as usual my excitement will override my budget common sense and I will buy one anyways.

Haha! Just yesterday you said you weren't.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I just need to ride out the FOMO. A more opaque back, uglier and more unsightly camera mound, same hardware design, same notch, more power internals that are literally capped down by everything around them.....better upgrade for that slofie though....

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Haha! Just yesterday you said you weren't.

That’s very true and still may apply, I still have to go to the Apple store and check out an 11 pro and see if it might change my mind after I play with it.

The good part is they will give me 500 on trade for my XS which is fine for me and the upgrade is only 500 out of pocket which is easier to absorb when your retired and on a fixed income.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
That’s very true and still may apply, I still have to go to the Apple store and check out an 11 pro and see if it might change my mind after I play with it.

The good part is they will give me 500 on trade for my XS which is fine for me and the upgrade is only 500 out of pocket which is easier to absorb when your retired and on a fixed income.

The trade-ins direct from Apple do seem a little better this year. Honestly the greed color is the only thing that has me twitchy.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
The trade-ins direct from Apple do seem a little better this year. Honestly the greed color is the only thing that has me twitchy.

If I do end up getting the new 11 pro, the green one is on the top of the list for color choices. I have to see them in person before I can make a decision.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I haven’t had the time to view the keynote and I’ve only read bits and pieces about the new iPhone models. I’ll probably go to an Apple Store or Best Buy and check them out when they’re available and then decide. I’m not in any kind of rush for a new iPhone at this time. Still enjoying my iPhone X.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I haven’t had the time to view the keynote and I’ve only read bits and pieces about the new iPhone models. I’ll probably go to an Apple Store or Best Buy and check them out when they’re available and then decide. I’m not in any kind of rush for a new iPhone at this time. Still enjoying my iPhone X.

I think it's worth the upgrade from a X or lower. I only went from a X a Max b/c I wanted the bigger screen, but the camera stuff may not be enough to make me upgrade this year.

love4speechless

Sep 25, 2018
Visit site
I think it's worth the upgrade from a X or lower. I only went from a X a Max b/c I wanted the bigger screen, but the camera stuff may not be enough to make me upgrade this year.

I want to upgrade partly because I want a smaller phone. I have a xs Max and I want to be able to use a phone one handed again. The phone company I’m with only charges $149 to sign a brand new contract every twelve months so I pretty much always upgrade

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I was trying to convince myself to hold onto my X for one more year but some of the new upgrades over the X were really tempting. Especially the low light mode. That will be pretty useful for some of the photos I take. What really nailed it for me was the dark green. When I saw the 11's "mint" green I was highly disappointed. I like richer/darker green colors and have been hoping for a phone with it for a while now. Everyone always makes blue ones instead usually. So when I saw the dark green on the Pro that was it game over and pre-order prepped.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Ordered a SG11 pro 256gb, picked up a new Xs max a few weeks ago to try, but nah too big and sold it. Haven't had this size since the X, was using a XR most of this year. Another week with to go with my SE.

love4speechless

Sep 25, 2018
Visit site
I’ve pretty much decided now to upgrade to the pro and not the 11. My phone companies plans were announced yesterday and the pro is only $30 a month extra with 256gb of storage space as opposed to 128gb. If I do upgrade to the pro I will be going with what I always go with- space grey. I’m able to preorder on Monday Australian time

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2