The Deep Fusion technology and night mode would be a huge selling point for me, if I was focused (no pun intended LOL) on a new phone. What are your favorite camera functions? Does the camera have a huge impact on your decision to upgrade?
    09-10-2019 01:30 PM
    Did you see the prices! No way
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    09-10-2019 01:35 PM
    Is the price much different from last year? I’m slightly oblivious to the price differences from the previous year. I bought the XS because my 8 went crazy, but didn’t really pay much attention to the cost.
    Tartarus likes this.
    09-10-2019 01:43 PM
    How is the price any different from the XS and XS Max on release?
    Premium1 likes this.
    09-10-2019 01:47 PM
    That it’s too high after owning my XS Max for the same price. For me it’s out of my price range to update every year. That’s the difference. So maybe 2020 for me.
    nikkisharif and ladyc0524 like this.
    09-10-2019 02:00 PM
    That it’s too high after owning my XS Max for the same price. For me it’s out of my price range to update every year. That’s the difference. So maybe 2020 for me.
    I’ve pretty much 100% decided I want the 11 and not the pro
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-10-2019 02:05 PM
    Same price.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-10-2019 02:05 PM
    I don't think it looks any worse than the previous camera. Just more there. It is very nice. But I'll wait until the 12 Pro Max comes next year.
    kataran, TechTs, Tartarus and 2 others like this.
    09-10-2019 02:09 PM
    I don't think it looks any worse than the previous camera. Just more there. It is very nice. But I'll wait until the 12 Pro Max comes next year.
    The hump on the camera seems to be much smaller than the leaked pictures suggested or maybe it’s just me
    09-10-2019 02:11 PM
    The hump on the camera seems to be much smaller than the leaked pictures suggested or maybe it’s just me
    I would use a case. The case would pretty much make it flush, without hardly any hump.
    love4speechless likes this.
    09-10-2019 03:46 PM
    I would use a case. The case would pretty much make it flush, without hardly any hump.
    I next get paid on the 24th. I intend to buy the Apple case then
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    09-10-2019 03:47 PM
    Is the price much different from last year? I’m slightly oblivious to the price differences from the previous year. I bought the XS because my 8 went crazy, but didn’t really pay much attention to the cost.
    I think they’re the same. At least the 11 Pro is the same as the XS.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-10-2019 06:50 PM
    Pro Max sizes and prices:

nikkisharif likes this.
    09-11-2019 05:19 AM
    Hey all, been a while.

I’m really tempted this year because of the camera, and the green. I still have my X. It’s starting to show it’s age - and the camera in low light has been frustrating me GREATLY. I have two kittens now and went a tad photo crazy and some of the photos look like they are pencil sketches because of the fur and how the camera picks it up in lower light. It’s awful.

It’s the first time in about 7 years that I have held onto the same phone for 2 years, the battery is starting to show its age, and yeah I have one more AppleCare replacement, but I have to go out of town to do it. I’m going to try before it runs out in October but...that green colour and the camera and whispering to me.
    09-11-2019 05:39 AM
    Honestly, and as a photographer, I was really not impressed with the device camera. Especially with all the other ones on the market.

Yes, the whole "shot on iPhone" campaign is great, but the bottom line is you can get better results with less expensive equipment.

Just another example of "let's make a mediocre device, slap an Apple logo on it, and charge anywhere between $1100 and $1500 for it, and people will buy it because it's an Apple product".
    09-11-2019 07:21 AM
    Honestly, and as a photographer, I was really not impressed with the device camera. Especially with all the other ones on the market.

Yes, the whole "shot on iPhone" campaign is great, but the bottom line is you can get better results with less expensive equipment.

Just another example of "let's make a mediocre device, slap an Apple logo on it, and charge anywhere between $1100 and $1500 for it, and people will buy it because it's an Apple product".
    We don't need any stinking voice of reason around here. LOL
    09-11-2019 07:26 AM

Or an example of “I haven’t updated my phone in a couple of years, Apple products work best for me, and I’ve had dozens of high and mid range androids over the years to be able to say I honestly dislike android.”

It could be an example of that.
    09-11-2019 07:27 AM
    We don't need any stinking voice of reason around here. LOL
    Well that's the first time EVER I've been called the "voice of reason". I don't want to be the responsible one. No no no!
    nikkisharif, ladyc0524 and msm0511 like this.
    09-11-2019 07:31 AM
    Well that's the first time EVER I've been called the "voice of reason". I don't want to be the responsible one. No no no!
    Well you have to be super duper over the moon for the new iPhone Pro Max Grand Pubah edition.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    09-11-2019 07:36 AM
    Or an example of “I haven’t updated my phone in a couple of years, Apple products work best for me, and I’ve had dozens of high and mid range androids over the years to be able to say I honestly dislike android.”

It could be an example of that.

I'm personally the "I haven’t updated my phone in a couple of years (7 Plus), Apple products work great for me, and I’ve had dozens of high and mid range androids over the years to be able to say I honestly do like Android, but just not sure I REALLY want to abandon what I have invested in Apple".

As ugly as it looks, the camera on the iPhone 11Pro seems absolutely AMAZING!!!-img_8493.png
    09-11-2019 07:37 AM
    I'm personally the "I haven’t updated my phone in a couple of years (7 Plus), Apple products work great for me, and I’ve had dozens of high and mid range androids over the years to be able to say I honestly do like Android, but just not sure I REALLY want to abandon what I have invested in Apple".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8493.PNG 
Views:	4 
Size:	699.8 KB 
ID:	126811
    I'm thinking about getting an iPad Pro, selling my Max, and just using my Note 10+ full time. I like it that much.
    nikkisharif and ladyc0524 like this.
    09-11-2019 07:43 AM
    Actually, I wasn't shocked about the price, and if I would trade my phone in, that would make it better. I really like the 11 Pro Max, but I'm just not ready to switch. But it does have my attention!
    nikkisharif and wenrob like this.
    09-11-2019 07:48 AM
    I actually don’t find the camera ugly, in fact it’s refreshing. Especially after every single android oem copied the iPhone X/Xs Max rear camera design for the past two years.
    09-11-2019 08:24 AM
    I actually don’t find the camera ugly, in fact it’s refreshing. Especially after every single android oem copied the iPhone X/Xs Max rear camera design for the past two years.
    There’s only so much a manufacturer can do with devices, so look alikes don’t bother me. With that being said, I just hope we aren’t moving towards devices where the majority of the back is a camera. I’d need to see the device in person to get a good understanding of how large that camera area is. I, also, wasn’t a fan of the X camera, but there was no other option without a home button, so I got it. Luckily, I don’t have to look at the back LOL
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    09-11-2019 11:49 AM
    There’s only so much a manufacturer can do with devices, so look alikes don’t bother me. With that being said, I just hope we aren’t moving towards devices where the majority of the back is a camera. I’d need to see the device in person to get a good understanding of how large that camera area is. I, also, wasn’t a fan of the X camera, but there was no other option without a home button, so I got it. Luckily, I don’t have to look at the back LOL
    That’s not entirely true.
    There were plenty of different camera arrangements used by different android oems before apple released the vertical pill shaped camera arrangement introduced with the iPhone X. After the release of the iPhone X, the pill shaped camera arrangement and camera placement was copied by every android oem, it was pretty blatant and rather repetitive. Some also copied the notch.

Apple was using the pill shaped camera arrangement since the 7 plus, although it was horizontal pre-face id, not vertical.

Wait for it, android oems will copy the iPhone pro, camera arrangement next. Until that happens the the iPhone 11 pro is a refreshing change, that I quite like.

Now if I can only decide between the green and the gold.
    nikkisharif and Annie_8plus like this.
    09-11-2019 12:13 PM
37 12