Hello iMore. Note 20 Ultra user here. Samsung is not standing behind their product and I'm thinking about moving to Apple. What normally happens to older iPhone models when the new model is announced........do they discount or pull them all and direct folks to the new phones? Appreciate any insights from folks who know the iPhone market. Thanks
    10-12-2020 09:25 PM
    Hello iMore. Note 20 Ultra user here. Samsung is not standing behind their product and I'm thinking about moving to Apple. What normally happens to older iPhone models when the new model is announced........do they discount or pull them all and direct folks to the new phones? Appreciate any insights from folks who know the iPhone market. Thanks
    Apple usually discontinued the Pro series from online and carriers and authorized sellers who still stock discount the devices.
    nocaldawg likes this.
    10-12-2020 09:32 PM
    They don't normally give major discounts on their phones like Samsung does. But Apple (to me) last longer without the issues later down the road. The 11 pro max would easily last 4-5 years, but with 5G coming out the urge to upgrade may be soon than later. I normally get a new iPhone each year at release, this year I was thinking about keeping my pro max. I'm gonna watch the event today and see if the 12 pro max will come with pro motion refresh and what battery life to expect. I know 5g adds to battery drain and right now the 11 pro max last me a solid day of usage with added juice into the next day. If the 12 pro max can offer at least a solid day of battery then I'll most likely upgrade bc I do like the iPhone 5 design.
    10-13-2020 10:49 AM
    You should be able to find an iPhone 11 Pro Max discounted about $100 from places like Verizon and others. While they last. Apple won't make them anymore.
    10-13-2020 02:17 PM
    They don't normally give major discounts on their phones like Samsung does. But Apple (to me) last longer without the issues later down the road. The 11 pro max would easily last 4-5 years, but with 5G coming out the urge to upgrade may be soon than later. I normally get a new iPhone each year at release, this year I was thinking about keeping my pro max. I'm gonna watch the event today and see if the 12 pro max will come with pro motion refresh and what battery life to expect. I know 5g adds to battery drain and right now the 11 pro max last me a solid day of usage with added juice into the next day. If the 12 pro max can offer at least a solid day of battery then I'll most likely upgrade bc I do like the iPhone 5 design.
    You're basing the battery drain on Samsung tests. The new iPhones may not see the same battery drain with 5G. Or not as much as Sammy. Time will tell.
    mach1man and Spencerdl like this.
    10-13-2020 02:21 PM
    I am disappointed the 11 pro is being dropped. Also pro Max. I have only had the pro Max a few months. This tells me that soon it won’t get updates. This is an expensive phone !
    10-14-2020 12:15 AM
    I am disappointed the 11 pro is being dropped. Also pro Max. I have only had the pro Max a few months. This tells me that soon it won’t get updates. This is an expensive phone !
    You’ll get 4 more years of updates lol. Don’t worry!
    10-14-2020 12:22 AM
    They’ll still support it and update it. The iPhone X was dropped after the Xs and Xs Max came out and it’s still getting updates. Same when the 11 pro and 11 pro max came out. The Xs and Xs max got discontinued.
    10-15-2020 08:24 PM
    10-15-2020 08:42 PM
    If my 8+ is still getting updates, I'm certain that the newer models will get updates for the next several years!
    Spencerdl likes this.
    10-16-2020 09:08 AM
    You have an Apple device youre good for years to come!!!
    Spencerdl likes this.
    10-19-2020 10:55 PM
    The 6s is still getting updates and it was released in September 2015 , you're good .
    10-20-2020 04:47 AM
    Just buy the 11 pro max. I've had mine 12 months now. There's no way I'm getting rid of it for at least another 3 years.

Probably my favourite iPhone having owned everyone since the iPhone 4.
    dreaminspirecreat3 likes this.
    12-11-2020 05:15 AM
    Just buy the 11 pro max. I've had mine 12 months now. There's no way I'm getting rid of it for at least another 3 years.

Same it’s a great phone, granted I get android envy but I’m good with the iPhone.
    02-20-2021 09:35 PM

Yup, I said same thing and I'm currently using a 12 Pro Max...LOL . The flat/squared edges of the 12 series definitely makes a difference to me and my 12 Pro Max surpasses my all time favorite iPhone (5s).

With that being said, the 11 series iPhone is still an awesome iPhone and should get plenty of updates in the years to come.
    dmoskaluk likes this.
    02-21-2021 05:19 AM