Hi all, I keep getting the message and request to purchase most storage because my cloud is full. I want to delete everything from the cloud and never use it again. But I want to keep the pics on my phone. How do it do that without losing any pics? TIA
    10-04-2020 05:54 PM
    Simply disable iCloud photos. Then you can delete everything in your iCloud.
    10-04-2020 06:50 PM
    It’s only 99 cents a month for 50GB of iCloud storage. I use it and have the payment come out of my Apple Cash card monthly.
    kataran likes this.
    10-10-2020 06:05 AM
    Hi all, I keep getting the message and request to purchase most storage because my cloud is full. I want to delete everything from the cloud and never use it again. But I want to keep the pics on my phone. How do it do that without losing any pics? TIA
    Yes, you can disable iCloud photos and delete everything in the cloud, but then that stores your photos and other things only on your phone. What happens of that phone gets lost or destroyed? All those photos are gone unless you’re regularly using an external source to back them up.

And while $0.99 a month for 50 gigs of iCloud storage doesn’t seem like a lot of money to some people, it is a lot of money to some.

Unfortunately I know what it feels like to lose a device that wasn’t backed up. And I’m a photographer on top of that so yes, it was very painful. I’m always a supporter of device backups, either cloud based or local, just make sure it’s being backed up.

IMHO, if you can afford $0.99 a month, get the 50 gig iCloud storage and don’t worry about losing your files and photos.
    joemd60 likes this.
    10-10-2020 08:34 AM
    Yes, you can disable iCloud photos and delete everything in the cloud, but then that stores your photos and other things only on your phone. What happens of that phone gets lost or destroyed? All those photos are gone unless you’re regularly using an external source to back them up.

And while $0.99 a month for 50 gigs of iCloud storage doesn’t seem like a lot of money to some people, it is a lot of money to some.

Unfortunately I know what it feels like to lose a device that wasn’t backed up. And I’m a photographer on top of that so yes, it was very painful. I’m always a supporter of device backups, either cloud based or local, just make sure it’s being backed up.

IMHO, if you can afford $0.99 a month, get the 50 gig iCloud storage and don’t worry about losing your files and photos.
    Thanks. It’s not about the money. It’s about not using the cloud. I keep photos backed up on Shutterfly.
    10-10-2020 08:39 AM
    Thanks. It’s not about the money.
    Then spend $12/year and use iCloud storage to back up your photos, and your phone. Upgrading devices is a whole lot easier when you can restore from a backup

It’s about not using the cloud. I keep photos backed up on Shutterfly.
    You understand Shutterfly is still part of the cloud, right?
    10-10-2020 09:16 AM
    Then spend $12/year and use iCloud storage to back up your photos, and your phone. Upgrading devices is a whole lot easier when you can restore from a backup

You understand Shutterfly is still part of the cloud, right?
    Of course I don’t know that Shutterfly is part of the cloud. I am about to date myself. Remember that movie cloud, I think that’s what it was called. What I don’t want it someone to hack my cloud and post my pics everywhere. I have nothing to hide just like my privacy.
    10-10-2020 09:19 AM
    Thanks. It’s not about the money. It’s about not using the cloud. I keep photos backed up on Shutterfly.
    Shutterfly is still on the cloud! I also pay $.99 a month for iCloud storage. It’s worth the peace of mind!
    10-10-2020 09:20 AM
    What I don’t want it someone to hack my cloud and post my pics everywhere. I have nothing to hide just like my privacy.
    Well as long as you have a smartphone and an email address, hacking will always be a concern. If you’re that concerned about it then get rid of all your electronics, delete your email addresses, change your address and drop off the grid.

Otherwise use complex passwords and two-factor authentication on everything. And if a service doesn’t offer 2FA, don’t use it.

I’m also of the “dated” population. You either embrace technology as securely as you can, or you don’t use any of it. Trust me, there are days I’d love to electronically “disappear”.

But that’s only the days Annie is trying to steal Mickey Do’s fries off my plate.
    Tartarus and kataran like this.
    10-10-2020 09:31 AM
    Well as long as you have a smartphone and an email address, hacking will always be a concern. If you’re that concerned about it then get rid of all your electronics, delete your email addresses, change your address and drop off the grid.

Otherwise use complex passwords and two-factor authentication on everything. And if a service doesn’t offer 2FA, don’t use it.

I’m also of the “dated” population. You either embrace technology as securely as you can, or you don’t use any of it. Trust me, there are days I’d love to electronically “disappear”.

But that’s only the days Annie is trying to steal Mickey Do’s fries off my plate.
    Lol. Two factor authentication. I am the most boring person I know. You know I can’t get rid of my phone or email. It’s here and it’s here to stay. I do try to minimize it though. Kind of. Do you remember the movie. They made a sex tape and it was on the cloud?????
    10-10-2020 09:43 AM
    Lol. Two factor authentication. I am the most boring person I know. You know I can’t get rid of my phone or email. It’s here and it’s here to stay. I do try to minimize it though. Kind of. Do you remember the movie. They made a sex tape and it was on the cloud?????
    Huh? What?
    I don’t know what you’re trying to tell.
    10-10-2020 09:50 AM
    Huh? What?
    I don’t know what you’re trying to tell.
    I was asking what two factor authentication is. I was also saying I’m very boring and truly have nothing to hide. But the movie about the cloud made me not want to be end up like the couple in the movie. Why can’t you understand rambling????? Lol
    Tartarus likes this.
    10-10-2020 09:52 AM
    I was asking what two factor authentication is. I was also saying I’m very boring and truly have nothing to hide. But the movie about the cloud made me not want to be end up like the couple in the movie. Why can’t you understand rambling????? Lol
    Basically, when you try to log in to a service, they send a text message or email to your phone with a code in it. You then have to enter that code upon which you get access to the cloud.
    It’s a second step in authorization.
    10-10-2020 11:49 AM
    So here’s a good like that explains what 2FA is, and it’s also the same app I use:

https://authy.com/what-is-2fa/

And to use a southern phrase to explain why Tartarus doesn’t understand, “he ain’t from around here”.
    10-10-2020 11:51 AM
    So here’s a good like that explains what 2FA is, and it’s also the same app I use:

https://authy.com/what-is-2fa/

And to use a southern phrase to explain why Tartarus doesn’t understand, “he ain’t from around here”.
    Thanks, I understand better now. Umm I and new here and to iPhone and I already realized Tartarus wasn’t from around here.
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    10-10-2020 11:54 AM
    I’m from outer space
    Just_Me_D, joemd60 and kataran like this.
    10-10-2020 12:22 PM
    There's other ways to cut back what's included in iCloud storage, other than photos. Delete unnecessary notes, delete messages in iMessage, delete emails with images and videos, toggle off app data for apps not necessary to back up.
    10-10-2020 05:00 PM