For those with no screen protector.

matther22xdroid

Sep 23, 2020
Visit site
How has your screen held up (scratches scuffs)?

My Note 10+ screen had a massive amount of scuffs and scratches after a year with no screen protector.

I just installed a screen protector on my 11 Pro Max (after throwing the first attempt away and now having to deal with a couple dirt specs on the second attempt) and I don't know if I'm gonna leave it on.

staceymj86

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
How has your screen held up (scratches scuffs)?

My Note 10+ screen had a massive amount of scuffs and scratches after a year with no screen protector.

I just installed a screen protector on my 11 Pro Max (after throwing the first attempt away and now having to deal with a couple dirt specs on the second attempt) and I don't know if I'm gonna leave it on.

I do have one but have you looked into the tempered glass 2.5D protectors? Many of them come with a mold that you can fit to the phone to have a perfect install. Mine fully covers the screen including the notch and I haven’t had any issues with mine. I’m using this brand by the way.
a24beacdfbf38c52c35d35ac54ea07da.png

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I haven't used a screen protector on either of my 6s Plus. No scratches or anything. 5 years, two 6s Plus iPhones, and no scratches.

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I have been a screen protector moaner for years. Some time it was a near perfect adherence, in other times even a tiny speck or peeling edges bugged me crazy to no end......... until I started using a tempered glass protector Apple store sells and installs 3 or 4 years ago. I think it's a Belkin stuff and rather expensive ($40?). But it's worth it, removing this constant bothering. Today, as staceymj86 suggested above, there are better ones in the market (with or without installation templates). But for now, I am sticking to the Apple installed one. Just not worth moaning and groaning about this trivial matter in life.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I don’t use a screen protector. I just don’t like them. I remember picking up a screen protector for my first iPhone it was supposed to provide privacy to the screen also. It was awful. Haven’t used one since.

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I think you are wise. I started using a protector many years ago when I considered my phone a precious toy. Today, I will be totally comfortable without one. I usually buy phones at Apple store and only because they offer a perfect installation, might as well......

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
I have never used screen protectors on any of my devices. None of them have suffered any scratches and I hope this isn’t tempting fate!

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I have never used screen protectors on any of my devices. None of them have suffered any scratches and I hope this isn’t tempting fate!

The only possible occasion that reminds me of having to install actually useful screen protector is a possibility I drop my phone and scratch or even worse, crack it. But then, I never had such misfortune, but you never know.
One of my daughters dropped her brand new 11 Pro and had what looked to be a hair crack of screen that turned out to be just a protector, saving the screen, and she never minded it. However, if she dropped it again, because the protector is a tempered glass, it might actually crack the screen along the crack line of the protector. Only once, and you may regret. But to me, putting it on becomes a habit, particularly when it's done by Apple Store at their risk (they peel it off and discard it until done perfectly. Usually in one shot).

Last edited:

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
The only possible occasion that reminds of me of having to install actually useful screen protector is a possibility I drop my phone and scratch or even worse, crack it. But then, I never had such misfortune, but you never know.
One of my daughters dropped her brand new 11 Pro and had what looked to be a hair crack of screen that turned out to be just a protector, saving the screen, and she never minded it. However, if she dropped it again, because the protector is a tempered glass, it might actually crack the screen along the crack line of the protector. Only once, and you may regret. But to me, putting it on becomes a habit, particularly when it's done by Apple Store at their risk (they peel it off and discard it until done perfectly. Usually in one shot).

You may well be right :).

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I haven’t used screen protectors on my devices since the 5s & all has been great. Although there was a very small scratch on my X because I had to answer an important call & I had on diamond earrings...didn’t have my headphones with me at the time. No big deal though.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I have always used them on my iPhones and my 11 Pro Max is no exception. Saying that though, my S4 Apple Watch is now two years old and I’ve not used a screen protector of any kind and the screen is flawless. It gets more knocks and bumps than my iPhone does, so maybe when I upgrade my phone next time round I’ll not use a screen protector.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I have never used a screen protector since I had the iPhone X a couple years back and I always seem to have my phone screen with no scratches and now I have an iPhone 11 Pro max and I love the feeling of the glass screen vs having a screen protector on it and not feeling the full iPhone screen

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234