Hi all,
    I have the charger cable that came with the pro Max. I want to use it in my car. I only have a sub port in my car. Which adapter do I need to buy to make that work?
    TIA
    09-26-2020 07:57 PM
    Welcome to iMore

The 18w charger is limited to your home outlet and not your car charger

I could be wrong
    09-26-2020 08:27 PM
    You are correct. I am asking is there an adapter that can make it a usb charger. I have a USB port I can use.
    kataran likes this.
    09-26-2020 08:37 PM
    You are correct. I am asking is there an adapter that can make it a usb charger. I have a USB port I can use.
    Simply take out the cable from the USB charger at home and stick the cable in the USB Port in your car.
    This is not rocket science. I’m not sure what you’re asking.
    09-27-2020 12:37 AM
    Since you aren’t sure what I am asking wouldn’t it have been a better response to ask for clarification or not respond at, especially with it’s not rocket science. Let me explain it for you.....the charging cord that comes with the phone is NOT a usb. Therefore it won’t fit in the USB port in my car. I thought I made that crystal clear, twice. Reading is fundamental and comprehension is key.
    09-27-2020 08:12 AM
    Since you aren’t sure what I am asking wouldn’t it have been a better response to ask for clarification or not respond at, especially with it’s not rocket science. Let me explain it for you.....the charging cord that comes with the phone is NOT a usb. Therefore it won’t fit in the USB port in my car. I thought I made that crystal clear, twice. Reading is fundamental and comprehension is key.
    The cable that comes with the iPhone 11 Pro Max is a USB-C to lightning cable. In order for it to work with a USB port, you will need a USB-C to USB adapter.
    09-27-2020 08:28 AM
    Thanks I found one on Amazon that says usb c female to usb male, is that correct?
    09-27-2020 08:33 AM
    It would be easier just to get a lighting to usb-a cable.

Apple used to include them with older iPhones or iPads.
    09-27-2020 09:16 AM
    Thanks I found one on Amazon that says usb c female to usb male, is that correct?
    USB C Female to USB Male Adapter is what you need.
    09-27-2020 09:16 AM
    Thanks!!!!!
    09-27-2020 12:27 PM
    Yes we understand now

I also have the Pro Max and I just went out and bought a braided USB to lighting cable at five and below for my car and keep the charging setup that came with my device for home use only

Again Welcome and we hope you interact with our community often. You appear to be very Tech savvy
    aximtreo likes this.
    09-27-2020 12:53 PM
    I still have the old iPhone USB ports that I use in my car and the fast charger that came with the phone I keep at home. its amazing how fast the charger charges my phone so I try not to use it and use my old iPhone chargers for travelling
    10-01-2020 09:08 PM