Keeping the iPhone 11 Pro Max

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
To get on topic, I am content with my 11 pro max as it does everything I would want a phone to do for the time being. I don’t think 5G is going to be a huge thing right out of the gate.However, the rumors of the iPhone 12 features and redesigns are tempting. But I am more interested in upgrading to the Apple Watch series 6 since I am still rocking a series 3 Apple Watch that I had since launch in 2017.

Also fall 2018 and fall 2019 I upgraded to the iPhone XS and then the IPhone 11 Pro Max ( both 256 storage).Needless to say, my wallet needs a break from phone upgrades as I am no where near being rich ha. And probably wise to save as much as I can during these crazy COVID times.

So I plan to stick with 11 pro max for at least another year ( or more) depending on what the fall 2021 iphone 13 brings). But again, Apple Watch series 6 is the plan for this year.

kevb23

Nov 10, 2018
Visit site
I have a series 5 so Im good with my watch, and yeah Im thinking the same thing I have a iPhone 11 Max 64gb and I pay like $45 a month for it the only thing Im considering is getting a lesser iPhone 12 to lower my payments.

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
I have the series 5 watch as well so more than likely won't upgrade to the series 6 watch... But that design going back to the old school 4/5 series iPhones is what I like. I'll probably upgrade this year to the 12 pro max then hold there of a bit.

Jamie Wooten

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Really like my 11 pro max but i can’t lie...this is the first year I’ve thought of going all in on samsung. The Note 20 ultra is nice and pair it with the new watch i think it’ll give iPhone a fair run for the money this year. Of course I’m waiting to see what the iPhone 12 will be like. LOL

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Really like my 11 pro max but i can’t lie...this is the first year I’ve thought of going all in on samsung. The Note 20 ultra is nice and pair it with the new watch i think it’ll give iPhone a fair run for the money this year. Of course I’m waiting to see what the iPhone 12 will be like. LOL

I’m over in the Note 20 forum as well snooping around. I’ve held off all weekend from buying it. I’ve checked multiple times at all the att stores around me, they all have a few in stock. But iMessage is what’s so hard for me to leave. Everyone I talk to has Apple and sending videos and pictures through iMessage is just simple. Plus i still like knowing that only Apple has their hands in the software updates. But I’m not gonna lie it’s killing me to not test it out, even if it is only for 14 days lol

Jamie Wooten

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I’m over in the Note 20 forum as well snooping around. I’ve held off all weekend from buying it. I’ve checked multiple times at all the att stores around me, they all have a few in stock. But iMessage is what’s so hard for me to leave. Everyone I talk to has Apple and sending videos and pictures through iMessage is just simple. Plus i still like knowing that only Apple has their hands in the software updates. But I’m not gonna lie it’s killing me to not test it out, even if it is only for 14 days lol

Haha I’m over in the forums too. I have been close to hitting that buy button on the samsung site a few times but it’s the Apple ecosystem that keeps me. That and all the family has apple.

Jamie Wooten

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

The other thing and i know this is stupid but why can’t samsung make a Visual VM app that syncs like apple?? I hate calling in to get my VM’s. Lol

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Haha I’m over in the forums too. I have been close to hitting that buy button on the samsung site a few times but it’s the Apple ecosystem that keeps me. That and all the family has apple.

I agree about the ecosystem. I have the series 5 watch, AirPods, MacBook (older), and an older ipad. But they all flow together smoothly. I do like the big screen that Samsung has to offer and the pen is a neat little gadget. But when my mom or dad wants to send me a video of my daughter while they are watching her, I want it to come in non-grainy, and that’s why I stick with Apple.

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
The other thing and i know this is stupid but why can’t samsung make a Visual VM app that syncs like apple?? I hate calling in to get my VM’s. Lol

Well I can say that when I had my note 10+ for a month it did have Visual VM but the phone was purchased through att. So maybe that all depends on if you buy unlocked or not

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Good luck with that, Samsungs FP sensor has always been rubbish.

Nope. It actually works better than Face ID when unlocking my phone in public while wearing a mask. If Apple gets an FPS sensor back in its high-end phones this year, then I may go back. Until then, I'm happier with Samsung. Now I don't have to input a PIN every time I want to unlock my phone or use NFC for payments.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I keep hearing “it’s useless”. I guess my wife and daughter have the magic thumb because it works spot on. No hesitation or anything. There are two iPhones and two Androids in my household while my opinion is still subjective I have visual proof of the in screen finger print scanner working well.

People who say "it's useless" have never used it.

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
I never understood that argument. It's simple sending videos and pictures through Google Messages as well.

Not when you’re send to iPhones. Once you’re out of iMessage then it reverts to standard SMS. That’s why you get green bubbles. Standard sms/mms can’t send high quality photos or videos. Apple doesn’t have RCS built into their normal texting side only in iMessage do you get that. Now if both people had android phones and used google messages then yes it give you the iMessage style experience

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

Doubt it, s20 sales were a flop and note 20 isn’t doing any better. Before anyone brings up coronavirus, iPhones sold exceptionally well during the same period.

The current rumor is the note 20 is the last of the note line, which isn’t a very good sign of sales and will negatively impact value.

Personally if I were in the market for a note 20 I would wait a couple of weeks until prices start to tank. You could walk away with a great deal.

Not when you’re send to iPhones. Once you’re out of iMessage then it reverts to standard SMS. That’s why you get green bubbles. Standard sms/mms can’t send high quality photos or videos. Apple doesn’t have RCS built into their normal texting side only in iMessage do you get that. Now if both people had android phones and used google messages then yes it give you the iMessage style experience

Don’t think they ever used IMessage, probably explains why they don’t get the appeal.

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Don’t think they ever used IMessage, probably explains why they don’t get the appeal.

I’m assuming you use whatsup app or telegram or something like that for messaging. Otherwise if it’s the stock messaging app then it’s iMessage, well could possibly not be activated.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I’m assuming you use whatsup app or telegram or something like that for messaging. Otherwise if it’s the stock messaging app then it’s iMessage, well could possibly not be activated.

Nope, I use iMessage and FaceTime audio.

I do have telegram and signal installed but rarely use them. That’s the great thing about iOS, you get all the messaging apps + iMessage.

Some android users deactivate iMessage when using iPhones. It’s weird.

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Nope, I use iMessage and FaceTime audio.

I do have telegram and signal installed but rarely use them. That’s the great thing about iOS, you get all the messaging apps + iMessage.

Some android users deactivate iMessage when using iPhones. It’s weird.

My bad asking if you didn’t use it, I mis-read where you said they... I thought you were talking about yourself lol.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Nope. It actually works better than Face ID when unlocking my phone in public while wearing a mask. If Apple gets an FPS sensor back in its high-end phones this year, then I may go back. Until then, I'm happier with Samsung. Now I don't have to input a PIN every time I want to unlock my phone or use NFC for payments.

No masks here :) TID is useless with any moisture on your fingers.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner