Keeping the iPhone 11 Pro Max

staceymj86

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
I’ve had my XS Max for 14 months, and as much as I love my phone, I’m definitely upgrading to the 12 Pro Max this year. The longest I ever held onto a phone was with my X for 18 months. I even stopped buying cases 5 months ago since I know I’m going to upgrade. No sense in wasting money on cases.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
For the first time in a long time I'm considering paying off iPhone 11 Pro Max and keeping it for longer than one year. Iv'e always had the lastest and greatest, but after thinking about what I do with my device I have too much tech in this thing than I need to begin with. Anyone else feel that way? I'll have to resist the new tech bug when the new model comes out in October. :rotfl:

I'm thinking about doing that this year as well. I just don't need the latest greatest iPhone this year and my Pro Max is doing the job and doing it well.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
My iPhone XS is too big and has a lousy battery, but I’m keeping the thing as long as I can. That way I’ll keep costs down as much as possible.
Anybody who has (owns) an 11 series should think about doing the same. The new tech does not move me because it never works properly or even turns up on time. And I don’t need it !
Also, if people stopped buying the new iterations as freely as they do , maybe Apple would try a bit(a lot) harder to give their customers what they really want,eg a really good battery.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
My iPhone XS is too big and has a lousy battery, but I’m keeping the thing as long as I can. That way I’ll keep costs down as much as possible.
Anybody who has (owns) an 11 series should think about doing the same. The new tech does not move me because it never works properly or even turns up on time. And I don’t need it !
Also, if people stopped buying the new iterations as freely as they do , maybe Apple would try a bit(a lot) harder to give their customers what they really want,eg a really good battery.

To be quite honest, if a really good battery is somebody's number one concern, already own an 11/11Pro, and aren't all that keen on year-to-year features, then sticking with what they have would be a good idea. Anything around the XR/11/11 Pro have great battery life.

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

They already have. I have not heard a single battery complaint since 2xs11’, an 11 Pro and an 11 Pro Max came into the house. I often forget to charge my Pro Max because it can go for days.

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
I plan on keeping my pro max another year. The only way I would upgrade this year is if I can still use my pro max cases! I’ve invested way too much money in cases to just not be able to use them anymore. I do plan on getting a new watch though!!

kevb23

Nov 10, 2018
Visit site
Yeah I dont see 5G being a thing here in my city yet, and I really WANT a notch-less design oh well maybe the iPhone 13 will give me that.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I just got my iPhone Pro Max so I'll be keeping mine. I know the iPhone 12 Pro Max is right around the corner but I wasn't willing to wait for the upgraded features so I just bought what meets my needs now.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
My wife insists I keep my 11 Pro Max for at east two years. I am upset as I like the newest gadgets and will have phone envy for all those with an iPhone 12 when it launches.

However I will acquiesce because the 11PM is a beast and easily the best phone I have ever used. However, the size is right at the edge of what I consider usable as a day-to-day phone. I'd prefer something slightly smaller if I can but it's hard to beat the screen size. trade-offs...

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I just got my 11 pro max a week ago after switching from an iPhone X I had for about 2 years and this phone I can say I would keep for a while.

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
I really like the iPhone 11 Pro Max, but I will need up getting the 12 pro max bc I like the boxy design better. I really loved the 5 design, I know I’ll love the 12 pro max.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I really like the iPhone 11 Pro Max, but I will need up getting the 12 pro max bc I like the boxy design better. I really loved the 5 design, I know I’ll love the 12 pro max.

If they really do go with that design I’m sure it will stick for a couple more generations. So I’ll be happy to let them work out any 5g etc bugs this year and upgrade next year. Also I want to upgrade my watch this year anyway . I wouldn’t mind upgrading but can only pick one and my Apple Watch 4 is due for an upgrade.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I have had my Pro Max since November 2019. I didn’t realize I have had it that long. LOL. I love this phone. So I don’t know if I will upgrade when new line- up comes out. The size is perfect for me and it’s comfortable to handle. And I love the midnight green color too . And as a tech gadget it’s a beast! I just upgraded to the series 5 Apple Watch two weeks ago from having the 4 a little over two years.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
For the first time in a long time I'm considering paying off iPhone 11 Pro Max and keeping it for longer than one year. Iv'e always had the lastest and greatest, but after thinking about what I do with my device I have too much tech in this thing than I need to begin with. Anyone else feel that way? I'll have to resist the new tech bug when the new model comes out in October. :rotfl:

I may ditch my iPhone 11 Pro Max for the Note 20 Ultra/Plus this year because using FaceID with a face mask is a PITA. Sure, I can input my PIN but I don't like having to do that 15 times while I'm in the store. The fingerprint sensor will be better since I won't need to rely on my face to unlock my phone.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I may ditch my iPhone 11 Pro Max for the Note 20 Ultra/Plus this year because using FaceID with a face mask is a PITA. Sure, I can input my PIN but I don't like having to do that 15 times while I'm in the store. The fingerprint sensor will be better since I won't need to rely on my face to unlock my phone.

Good luck with that, Samsungs FP sensor has always been rubbish.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro