Keeping the iPhone 11 Pro Max

kevb23

Nov 10, 2018
Visit site
For the first time in a long time I'm considering paying off iPhone 11 Pro Max and keeping it for longer than one year. Iv'e always had the lastest and greatest, but after thinking about what I do with my device I have too much tech in this thing than I need to begin with. Anyone else feel that way? I'll have to resist the new tech bug when the new model comes out in October. :rotfl:

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
For the first time in a long time I'm considering paying off iPhone 11 Pro Max and keeping it for longer than one year. Iv'e always had the lastest and greatest, but after thinking about what I do with my device I have too much tech in this thing than I need to begin with. Anyone else feel that way? I'll have to resist the new tech bug when the new model comes out in October. :rotfl:

Lol! Good luck with that!! :)

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Well I kept my 7 Plus since launch. Still have it in the closet. Wasn't planning on upgrading but one morning several months ago the wife says to me "I think we need new iPhones." What am I going to do, disagree with her?

However, had it not been for that, I'd probably still be rocking the 7 Plus. I don't need the latest and greatest device. Heck, I'm still wearing a series 3 Apple Watch.

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Love my Pro Max and at the moment I don’t see any reason to upgrade. Of course I always feel like that and then Apple manages to change my mind. Sometimes I do sometimes I don’t. We’ll see what happens in a few months.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
When I purchased an 11 Pro in September I had full intention of keeping it for more than 6 months, for sure. I may or may not upgrade to the 12 Pro depending on what it offers.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I will likely be keeping mine until the 2021 cycle. That gives them time to work out bugs with 5G and the new rumored designs etc. I did the same thing with my X but that was because the following year I bought my first Watch instead of upgrading my X on the IUP. We bought our 11's on the straight up 24 month financing from Apple instead of the IUP. So I'd have to pay it off early anyway to get the new phone. That works out anyway because I didn't upgrade to Watch 5 last year and do plan to upgrade this year. So I guess now I'm on a staggered every other year cycle for the Watch and iPhone.

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
I expect the 12 pro to have a design change in some way involving the display (notch to be made smaller at least) maybe push the edges out a tiny bit further also to create a more bezelless display. For me this would be enough to consider upgrading as i hate the fact that the pro max looks identical to last years model and the model the year before etc I love the phone however and am enjoying it more then i thought i would (long time android owner here)

My only gripe so far is i wish i could figure out the shortcuts app (totally lost on how to set some shortcuts up despite looking at tutorials) and i wish Apple allowed gestures . For example , swipe down anywhere on the homescreen to see notifications and swipe up anywhere on the screen to bring up the control panel instead of having to swipe from the very top each time. Reachability helps but meh , gestures would be far better!!

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I expect the 12 pro to have a design change in some way involving the display (notch to be made smaller at least) maybe push the edges out a tiny bit further also to create a more bezelless display. For me this would be enough to consider upgrading as i hate the fact that the pro max looks identical to last years model and the model the year before etc I love the phone however and am enjoying it more then i thought i would (long time android owner here)

My only gripe so far is i wish i could figure out the shortcuts app (totally lost on how to set some shortcuts up despite looking at tutorials) and i wish Apple allowed gestures . For example , swipe down anywhere on the homescreen to see notifications and swipe up anywhere on the screen to bring up the control panel instead of having to swipe from the very top each time. Reachability helps but meh , gestures would be far better!!

I read that the 12 will be a complete redesign. It will look more like a combination of the new iPads and the iPhone 5 and 5s. Flatter on the sides with more squared off edges. I hope that’s true. I’m tired of the current look. Also the Max gets bigger and the regular Pro gets a little smaller.

justCJ

May 8, 2020
Visit site
I had a choice to make 1 month ago.
Go for the 11 pro Max now cause it looks good and it’s proven, or wait for the 12 pro Max.

I checked the rumors so far and at best we are gonna get flat edges (pretty uncomfortable if you use it without case like me), a bit smaller notch (the area will still be “dead” Cause there will be a notch), a Lidar sensor that I really don’t care about, and 5G modem that my contract/carrier doesn’t support either way. Also maybe 120hz refresh rate that will reduce battery life.

So I asked my self. Does it worth waiting at least 6 months for something that doesn’t really have anything that I care? And what if it has issues? Will it have the same great battery life?

Long story short, I went for the 11 pro Max 256 and I couldn’t be happier! There’s literally nothing more that I want from my device right now.
I’m planning to keep this at least 2 and a half years until iPhone 14 comes out :)

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

I plan on keeping my Pro Max but the 12 line-up sounds tempting so I can never tell

As for Shortcuts I would recommend you check out the Reddit Sub.

r/shortcuts

I learned a lot there

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
In my opinion they should focus on reducing the notch and bringing the display out to the edge a tad more. The frame of the phone is perfect and it would feel too sharp in the hand if they square it off. I would welcome a textured finish/grippyness to the volume/power controls though! 120hz refresh rate would be awesome too but if its going to mean taking a hit on battery life then meh iam not sure if i want it that bad. Throw in the ability to create custom gestures like you can on android and you have the perfect device in my view.

Oh and sort out the gallery app. Its awful. I use slidebox for which makes it bearable as i can organise my photos but the gallery app is 10x times better on any android device i ever had.

No phone is perfect i guess!!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

The iPhone X was the longest I had ever kept an iPhone without upgrading to the newest model and to be quite honest, I could have kept it another year. Believe me, I considered it. Unless the next iPhone truly wows me, I’ll probably hold onto to my 11 Pro Max a bit longer.

As always, I’m more interested in what the next iOS version brings than the newest hardware.

Last edited:

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site

Never. I'll always upgrade.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
120hz refresh rate would be awesome too but if its going to mean taking a hit on battery life then meh iam not sure if i want it that bad.

I'd be okay with settings for 60Hz, 90Hz, and 120Hz. I personally don't care to get 90Hz or 120Hz display just because of the battery hit.

kevb23

Nov 10, 2018
Visit site
Yeah I just feel like if I can make the battery life last the full 2 years or more the iPhone 13 hopefully will have no notch at all.

davidnc

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I wont be getting the iphone 12, sticking with the pro max as one of my phones for another year .In both 2018 and 2019 I upgraded 2 phones. So breaking the trend for this year . :)

LightenSkies

May 23, 2018
Visit site
I upgraded from a iphone 7 and upgraded to iphone 11 pro max a few weeks ago. And to me that was a huge upgrade not just by hardware but dear god 4.7 inch screen to a 6'5 inch screen is like wow! :O So will I be keeping my iphone 11 pro max for a long time? You bet I will. :) Likely till it gets no more updates. :) That's the plan at least. :D

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded from a iphone 7 and upgraded to iphone 11 pro max a few weeks ago. And to me that was a huge upgrade not just by hardware but dear god 4.7 inch screen to a 6'5 inch screen is like wow! :O So will I be keeping my iphone 11 pro max for a long time? You bet I will. :) Likely till it gets no more updates. :) That's the plan at least. :D

Congrats, enjoy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lakeland Ghost