Has anyone noticed that when receiving Text/iMessages back to back, often there is no sound or vibrate notification?

This seems to only have just started last week for me.

A few weeks ago, I changed the vibrate option for Text messages. This was due to the UAG case I was using. One could hardly tell when it vibrated. I was thinking the vibrate type was causing my notification issue. I have since changed the vibrate back to default. Alas, text message notifications still seem to trigger every OTHER message.
    04-07-2020 01:49 PM
    Has anyone noticed that when receiving Text/iMessages back to back, often there is no sound or vibrate notification?

This seems to only have just started last week for me.

A few weeks ago, I changed the vibrate option for Text messages. This was due to the UAG case I was using. One could hardly tell when it vibrated. I was thinking the vibrate type was causing my notification issue. I have since changed the vibrate back to default. Alas, text message notifications still seem to trigger every OTHER message.
    Was the text/iMessage from the same person and were you viewing the Messages screen when the second message was received?
    ivantwilliams and kataran like this.
    04-07-2020 03:49 PM
    It was from the same person. However, I had already locked the screen and was doing other things.

A few minutes later, checked the screen and saw the message notification on the screen.

This is the same pattern for other instances where this has happened...

Was the text/iMessage from the same person and were you viewing the Messages screen when the second message was received?
    04-07-2020 03:51 PM
    It was from the same person. However, I had already locked the screen and was doing other things.

A few minutes later, checked the screen and saw the message notification on the screen.

This is the same pattern for other instances where this has happened...
    If you have an Watch, could the alert had been received there silently?
    04-07-2020 04:09 PM
    Mine have been showing up twice on the lock screen , but only once in the message app.
    04-07-2020 05:47 PM
    Hmm, interesting thought.

My AW4 is on the charger, and on. It has been for a few days. I do wonder if that could be the culprit.

Once I can drag myself off the sofa, I will turn the watch off, then monitor message notifications over the coming days.

Thanks for the suggestion.

If you have an Watch, could the alert had been received there silently?
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-07-2020 05:49 PM
    Mine have been being received without me knowing about it. I’ll open the phone and see the little red number indicator. I thought I was losing my mind actually.
    04-07-2020 06:51 PM
    ...thus far, with my watch off, notifications seem to be working as expected.
    It will be interesting, when I turn my watch back on.
    wbcolon and Just_Me_D like this.
    04-10-2020 08:51 AM
    ...thus far, with my watch off, notifications seem to be working as expected.
    It will be interesting, when I turn my watch back on.
    Awesome, and thank you for the update, sir.
    04-10-2020 09:21 AM
    I've had the same issue, both on my AW5 and iPhone when getting iMessage, snapchat, email or WhatsApp notifications back to back. I'll hear the first notification, but if one comes in within a second or two, nothing. I've missed a few messages because of this, thankfully nothing important. I'm wondering if locking the phone as the notification is coming in is a cause?
    04-10-2020 03:31 PM