[RESOLVED]The sharing functionality on my iPhone 11 Pro Max is gone!

iioannou

Apr 4, 2020
Visit site
Hi all,

I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max, fully updated with the latest iOS and all the apps are fully updated as well.

Issue: the sharing function no longer works (i.e. that small square with the up arrow on top, usually appearing at the lower left hand side of the screen when, say, you try to share a picture). This problem appears when sharing a picture from an album, or sharing an article from a news website, and in general, whenever I try to share something. All the sharing options (e.g. share via Twitter, WhatsApp, email, copy link, etc.) simply do not appear.

To fix the issue, I have soft reset the device and I also did a "reset all settings." It did not fix the issue. Apple support suggests that I manually copy pics and files to my desktop, iCould backup,do a full factory reset, and then manually restore. That's going to take ages, and they are not even sure if it will fix the problem!

Any other solutions and/or has anyone run into this issue? I understand it's a very rare one!

Thank you!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: The sharing functionality on my iPhone 11 Pro Max is gone!

My recommendation mirrors Apple’s. Backup the device, copy all of your photos to an external drive or a service like OneDrive, Google Drive or Dropbox and then put your device in DFU mode. Afterwards, allow either iTunes (depending on your computer’s OS) or Finder to install a fresh full copy of the latest official iOS version. After that, set it up as new.

Yes, it can be an inconvenience, however, it worth it if you want your device to work as it should, in my opinion. Still, the choice is yours. Either deal with it as-is or do something about it.

JML5150

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site

Do you have the latest version of WhatsApp with the new share sheet functionality, that’s probably what’s causing your issue. Delete WhatsApp and reinstall. That should fix it.

iioannou

Apr 4, 2020
Visit site

Exactly right! I uninstalled WhatsApp, and the problem was fixed. Thank you so much! Might you know though why WhatsApp constantly fails to backup to iCloud? I have enough space, I deleted old data from WhatsApp on iCloud, I am on Wifi, and I also force quit WhatsApp and/or soft reset the phone; the backup is totally stuck! Thanks again!