My two iPhone 11 Pro Max questions

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
I have two questions in this post is not to cause any spam and I’m not here to joke around.

Number one My iPhone 11 Pro Max you speak your message whenever I shine light inside the ear speaker mesh and when sun light is also shine to it there is a sign in the ER speaker is this normal my iPhone 11 Pro Max ?

I did contact Apple and they don’t know and they’re suggesting a waste my time at an Apple Store.

Number two the Zagg glass plus for iPhone XS max is supposed to work for 11 promax according to Zagg but in the picture that I took there is a gap on the left side is this issue with compatibility ?

that area that is exposed it won’t scratch right because I have a case on my phone?

I just asked you to questions I just want to serious answer and I will not spam this.

Attachments

• 36171AF7-2CA6-4B46-BEE1-084BB4F7FEDE.jpg
    36171AF7-2CA6-4B46-BEE1-084BB4F7FEDE.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
  • F6F91BBB-3BCB-4EB1-A2F2-C7EDB4BF96C3.jpeg
    F6F91BBB-3BCB-4EB1-A2F2-C7EDB4BF96C3.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Alex. I can't speak to your first question, but I can tell you that I have a Zagg Screen Protector on my 8+. It fits pretty much as yours does. It's been on my phone for 2 years and 3 months, and it's done a fine job of protecting my phone. There are no scratches on the actual screen of the phone, but there is a scratch on the actual screen protector. So, in my mind, the Zagg screen protector did its job and I'm satisfied.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
Not sure why it isn’t covereing that edge at&t tried three times with my replacement phone from Apple express Replacement Service.

First question I don’t know seriously if it’s a defect or not.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Not sure why it isn’t covereing that edge at&t tried three times with my replacement phone from Apple express Replacement Service.

First question I don’t know seriously if it’s a defect or not.

I simply think that Zagg doesn't make their screen protectors big enough! It bothered me initially, but I've gotten used to it and haven't had any issues, so I don't even think about it anymore! :)

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
I will do the same it has a rainbow effect on the side since it’s not cover I won’t worry about it now.

But the first issue if someone could answer it would resolve my issue with out me going to waste my time at Apple.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Don’t worry about both these points you just asked.
There is nothing wrong with the mesh and with the screen protector.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
Ok thank you so much that resolves my issue maybe depends what part they used in the ear speaker that’s why.

You saved me a trip to Apple because most likely they would say the same thing.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
The glass is normal. The top part is cut out to ensure there are no issues with the sensors, though not all protectors do that. My ESR protectors that I use used to cut out for the X and they changed their design at some point to cover all but have a gap for the ear speaker. As far as not going to the edge all the way around, that's because the screen curves and it's hard to get a glass screen protector to cover that. There are companies making "3D" curved protectors (usually have a black border on those areas) but they also are usually only guaranteed to work if you use them with a case from the same company as other cases might intrude into the area and cause the protector to lift up. There is a small chance of scratching on those exposed areas but much less than if there is nothing there. Mostly it just becomes an area to accumulate dust/lint.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
The glass is normal. The top part is cut out to ensure there are no issues with the sensors, though not all protectors do that. My ESR protectors that I use used to cut out for the X and they changed their design at some point to cover all but have a gap for the ear speaker. As far as not going to the edge all the way around, that's because the screen curves and it's hard to get a glass screen protector to cover that. There are companies making "3D" curved protectors (usually have a black border on those areas) but they also are usually only guaranteed to work if you use them with a case from the same company as other cases might intrude into the area and cause the protector to lift up. There is a small chance of scratching on those exposed areas but much less than if there is nothing there. Mostly it just becomes an area to accumulate dust/lint.

The issue with the ear speaker that shine with light another user who commented says it’s normal but who knows.

According to me I think Apple replacement devices use different parts then the retail unit.

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
The issue with the ear speaker that shine with light another user who commented says it’s normal but who knows.

According to me I think Apple replacement devices use different parts then the retail unit.

They are literally the exact same phones as in regular rotation with zero difference. Are we really gonna have another thousand post thread about nonsense like this?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Friendly reminder: Members are welcome to post whatever questions they have related to anything we discuss on this forum, regardless of how silly others might view them. If you don’t like the subject of a particular thread ignore it and move on. There are plenty of others to choose from!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711