Bye Bye, iPhone 11 Pro Max, Hello Galaxy S20 Ultra

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I keep looking at the S20 ultra, its on sale at best buy for $200 off. I've seen were it has an auto-focus issue and that has turned me off from rushing out to get it. I liked my Note 10+, but I always worry that Samsung will get a bug in the software and won't release a timely update to solve it. Also I really like having the peace of mind that if there is a hardware or software issue I can go to an Apple store and have it looked at or replaced in store.

I can't keep track with you! I thought you got rid of your Max and went back to a note 10+?!

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Oh nice, good choice. I've stuck it out with my pro. Just can't find something all around this good and easy.

Same here, I like customizing the androids and having theme options. BUT it’s never as smooth or fully integrated as Apple. I’m hoping with the new iPhone 12 pro max it’s bigger than this one. I like that Note 10+ and S20 Ultra size.

jamesedward318

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Every year when Samsung runs their own keynote I am always enamored with their devices. I love the specs, battery life and camera. Then it sets in on me that its an Android and I have certain features and functionality on the iPhone that I need. I ordered the S20 Ultra 5G, unboxed it and set it up. Within one hour I was back on my carriers website reactivating my iPhone.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Every year when Samsung runs their own keynote I am always enamored with their devices. I love the specs, battery life and camera. Then it sets in on me that its an Android and I have certain features and functionality on the iPhone that I need. I ordered the S20 Ultra 5G, unboxed it and set it up. Within one hour I was back on my carriers website reactivating my iPhone.

LOL an hour!? And I thought I was bad only giving the S10+ 2 days last year when I wanted to try it out.

I’m just curious what were some of your annoyances with the phone?

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
I love both iPhone and android. I can find faults in both. I do find apps work better on IOS, but I really like my Note 10+ and my Pro Max.

wbcolon

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
I’m a chronic flip flopper. The last week I’ve been using my note 10 plus, then today I had a super urge to dig my 11 pro max out of the drawer and start using it. Now I’m in love all over again.

stsullivan

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
I just bought a I phone and I’m going to switch back-and-forth between android is there anything special I need to do when going back to android or just switch the Sims appreciate all your help hope everyone is being safe! I love my note 10plus been using the I phone a few days

wbcolon

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
I just bought a I phone and I’m going to switch back-and-forth between android is there anything special I need to do when going back to android or just switch the Sims appreciate all your help hope everyone is being safe! I love my note 10plus been using the I phone a few days

You have to turn off FaceTime and iMessage in settings along with going on the Apple website to deregister iMessage every time. I do it often.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Wow that seems like a lot of work

You don’t have to do deregister thing. Just go into the settings for FaceTime and messages turn both off pop your sim in the android phone and voila. I know cause I’ve got a S20+ that I tried with it yesterday and I had one of my friends text me, came through perfectly.

wbcolon

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
You don’t have to do deregister thing. Just go into the settings for FaceTime and messages turn both off pop your sim in the android phone and voila. I know cause I’ve got a S20+ that I tried with it yesterday and I had one of my friends text me, came through perfectly.

He does if he wants his messages. I switch between the note 10 plus and 11 pro max and nothing comes through from other iPhones if I don’t deregister.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I’m a chronic flip flopper. The last week I’ve been using my note 10 plus, then today I had a super urge to dig my 11 pro max out of the drawer and start using it. Now I’m in love all over again.

I used to be a chronic flip-flopper as some here can attest, but in the last six months I've only used the iPhone 11 Pro Max with a couple of days of the OnePlus 7T Pro 5G MacLaren edition. The iPhone does what I want it to do and that works for me now. It's stressful getting a new phone every couple of months and having to move everything back and forth. I don't do that anymore and I feel better for it. Plus, the AirPods Pro and the AWS 5 I own makes it harder to move devices.

wbcolon

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
I used to be a chronic flip-flopper as some here can attest, but in the last six months I've only used the iPhone 11 Pro Max with a couple of days of the OnePlus 7T Pro 5G MacLaren edition. The iPhone does what I want it to do and that works for me now. It's stressful getting a new phone every couple of months and having to move everything back and forth. I don't do that anymore and I feel better for it. Plus, the AirPods Pro and the AWS 5 I own makes it harder to move devices.
I do have to say that it's getting to be quite a pain flip flipping back and forth. The new phone feeling wore off months ago on both devices. I'm going to stay pretty exclusive to the iPhone for now. Plus I have MBP, aw4, iPad and 2 Apple TV.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I do have to say that it's getting to be quite a pain flip flipping back and forth. The new phone feeling wore off months ago on both devices. I'm going to stay pretty exclusive to the iPhone for now. Plus I have MBP, aw4, iPad and 2 Apple TV.

Agreed. The new phone feeling, for me, just isn't there anymore. I usually get excited for new Samsung phones but this year's line were just "meh", especially the S20 Ultra's terrible "space zoom" camera not being good or practical in any situation at all. And the auto focus is terrible. I'm just not all that impressed anymore.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2