Bye Bye, iPhone 11 Pro Max, Hello Galaxy S20 Ultra

mattdamiz

Sep 21, 2018
Visit site
Like a sucker, I purchased an S20 Ultra. I know, I know.

Only had it for 24 hours, and to be honest, not exactly wowed by it, yet.
Albeit, I am still in the phase of setting it up, manually (versus a restore).

I flipped and I flopped... and actually decided to pass this time around. I had the XS Max for all of 2019... then traded for Note 10+.... regretted it so picked up the 11 PRO Max on launch day. I guess I'm fully converted. I didn't even enjoy setting up the Note 10+... don't get me started on that fingerprint scanner. Pure garbage compared to Face ID. :cool:

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I flipped and I flopped... and actually decided to pass this time around. I had the XS Max for all of 2019... then traded for Note 10+.... regretted it so picked up the 11 PRO Max on launch day. I guess I'm fully converted. I didn't even enjoy setting up the Note 10+... don't get me started on that fingerprint scanner. Pure garbage compared to Face ID. :cool:

For a phone to cost $1400 (Ultra) and come with that garbage fingerprint sensor is just not acceptable. The fact there is zero thought process that goes into unlocking my phone 3,000 times a day is so taken for granted. I had the oneplus 7T and while that in screen FPS was amazing, it still required too much work! Just shows how crazy polished the iPhone is and with the iOS ecosystem I really need to accept the fact that the iPhone is just the best all around device. Yes it is boring and yes it is stale but what it can do is quite amazing!

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

Might be for the best, the s20 isn’t doing very well sales wise and second hand value seems to be dropping like a rock.

A bit awkward for s20 users in the UK.
https://youtu.be/6CUSe8kgIE8

Probably explains why Samsung has shut down their custom processor division.

Last edited:

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
For a phone to cost $1400 (Ultra) and come with that garbage fingerprint sensor is just not acceptable. The fact there is zero thought process that goes into unlocking my phone 3,000 times a day is so taken for granted. I had the oneplus 7T and while that in screen FPS was amazing, it still required too much work! Just shows how crazy polished the iPhone is and with the iOS ecosystem I really need to accept the fact that the iPhone is just the best all around device. Yes it is boring and yes it is stale but what it can do is quite amazing!

This is one of the reasons I’m not planning on getting the iPhone 12 with the rumored under screen FP reader but I guess if they also keep the Face ID I can live with it

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Do you regret your decision? The ultrasonic FPS is a disaster and the cameras are sub-par. It's bad when last year's phones take better pictures.

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Well, two days in, and with my SIM now in the Ultra, I am starting to get used to this device.
I will add, the option of being able to configure your device to YOUR liking, is night and day.

P.S. I have 11 days left, to decide :)

I keep looking at the S20 ultra, its on sale at best buy for $200 off. I've seen were it has an auto-focus issue and that has turned me off from rushing out to get it. I liked my Note 10+, but I always worry that Samsung will get a bug in the software and won't release a timely update to solve it. Also I really like having the peace of mind that if there is a hardware or software issue I can go to an Apple store and have it looked at or replaced in store.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77