Bye Bye, iPhone 11 Pro Max, Hello Galaxy S20 Ultra

bassjo

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
I've definitely been on the fence between the Note 10+ and the S20 Ultra... I wonder though, after the newness of the 120 Hz screen wears off (a) will I still notice it and (b) how will it effect the battery life. Also, while I do take pictures with my phone, I'm not a photographer, so the camera on three Note 10+ I think will be fine. And this is kind of an aesthetic thing but I'm not sure I completely dig the rounded body. I do like that the screen is flatter than the Note 10, it'll make finding screen protectors easier... I think.

BIG CAT 7

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I have been looking at that Ultra. Very nice phone but I know as soon as I do it I will miss my Pro Max and my Apple Watch. Although it is tempting, very tempting, I need to plant some roots. So I think I will wait out the storms for the iPhone 12. It almost killed me to type this.

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
I've definitely been on the fence between the Note 10+ and the S20 Ultra... I wonder though, after the newness of the 120 Hz screen wears off (a) will I still notice it and (b) how will it effect the battery life. Also, while I do take pictures with my phone, I'm not a photographer, so the camera on three Note 10+ I think will be fine. And this is kind of an aesthetic thing but I'm not sure I completely dig the rounded body. I do like that the screen is flatter than the Note 10, it'll make finding screen protectors easier... I think.

I ended up picking up a Note 10 plus at best buy, I was going to send my pro max back as I'm part of the att next program. BUT as I got to playing with the camera's the Pro Max stands out. I my girlfriend was running her fingers through her hair and I snapped a picture with both phones at the same time both set to auto. The Note 10+ blurred her hair and hand together, the Pro Max showed the detail of her hand coming through her hair. It's little things like that, that can ruin a good shot.

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
On the fence. What ya think?

The S20 Ultra is an extremely tempting proposition...only issue is that it’s quite a large device. Yes, it is very expensive, but given that it’s competing with the 11 Pro Max, a similar specced (storage wise) iPhone is around the same price.

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/co...urce=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

This along with the megapixels of the cameras being misrepresented.

Also Sʌᴍsᴜɴɢ having to cover their butts about the ultra thin glass on the Z Flip after the JerryRigEverything video.

The story about the technically not optical zoom is very interesting, but I’m not sure whether it will affect consumers’ decisions to buy the devices. As for the Z Flip...these YouTubers may have a point, but honestly, he’s just another guy trying to amass clicks with exaggerated claims that don’t really matter in reality.

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
I’d still have my Note 10+ as a second phone if my family didn’t complain that my messages were green and not blue lol. My parents (live in Florida I live in NY) love to send videos and didn’t understand that they can send them through Facebook.... I miss the 10+ somewhat.

TechTs

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
I would never buy a Samsung. But if that’s what you want then you should get it. Enjoy!

Same! I did try that on the s8+ (still had my iPhone 7 Plus ) and I lasted three months. I don’t care for android. And I work at a major US carrier.. lol

I always pay attention to new Apple stuff. I never get excited or tempted by android.

strikeIII

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
If you care about photos then you might be disappointed. I was really hoping Samsung stepped up their photo processing but so far doesn't look to be the case. Still too early to tell tho. Still love Samsung for it's features but their image processing hasn't improved since the S7.

Last edited by a moderator:

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site

I read that you can only you the 120hz on regular HD, not 4K. That’s lame.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm all in with Apple, and in all truth, I haven't paid any attention (other than the threads here on iMore) to what the S20 is all about. I mean no disrespect for those who are interested in it and do wish them well.

Last edited:

BIG CAT 7

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I have had the Ultra in the cart twice this morning. 512GB Black. Haven’t pulled the trigger yet. Went to Amazon and ordered myself 3 cases for my Pro Max to try to help me stay. We will see if it works.

I have serious issues.

Didn't pre order last night, holding strong ! :rolleyes:

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
I read that you can only you the 120hz on regular HD, not 4K. That’s lame.

1. It’s actually Full HD (so 1080p), which when you factor pixel density is practically the same as the display on the XS Max (with the higher refresh rate) on the S20. With the S20+ and Ultra, the resolution and pixel density will still be the same/better than with iPhone 11 and XR, not to mention the better and smoother AMOLED display, and people were fine with the resolution of the displays on those 2 iPhones.

2. No iPhone has a 4K, 120hz or QHD(+) display, but hopefully they will with the 12. And that 120hz only on FHD is to preserve battery life. In real life you won’t notice a difference in resolution.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Personally I wouldn’t purchase a Samsung flagship at launch. Prices seem to decline rapidly a month or two after the Preorders first ship.

Good luck op.

BIG CAT 7

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Had the 10+ for a hot second. Never used the S-Pen. Thinking this might be more my speed if I decide to fold. But of course I always say that and then end up trying it and then the newest iPhone as well. I am just a hot mess.

The Note 20 being only a few months out is holding back from ordering.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW