Losing connection

dsx968

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
Every once in a while my phone tells me I don't have any internet connection even though everything is on. I check and uncheck airplane mode, cellular data, and wifi and it doesn't change. Usually I have to reboot for it to come back. It's getting worse now. Today I had to reboot 3 times for it to come back.
Anyone have experience with this issue? Is it something they can fix at the Apple store or do I need a new phone?
The weird thing is that I'm usually streaming or something at the time and I don't lose signal until I try to do something else. Then I can't get any connection even with full bars.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I get it occasionally but I’m always connected. I checked on Safari to go to a website and I almost always get onto it so I don’t think I’m really disconnected. Perhaps it was a blip in my Wi-Fi? I don’t really know but it doesn’t seem to create difficulties for me so I pretty much just ignore it.

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Forbes just released an article indicating that Apple is internally recognizing some people are having serious cellular data issues.

wbcolon

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
Holy crap, I thought I was losing my mind today. I’m experiencing this. It will show full LTE and then disappear and I have to toggle airplane mode. It’s kind of maddening.

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Not sure if this is the same thing, but my Internet will not stay connected even though I am at home and my Wi-Fi is working perfectly. I have Norton VPN and it constantly disconnects too.

I notice it most of the time when I want to check my email. It won’t come through, so I go into settings and turn off Wi-Fi, and then turn it back on. Sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn’t.

I have rebooted my phone several times and it doesn’t help. I thought the iOS update would help but apparently not.

Any suggestions?

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Not sure if this is the same thing, but my Internet will not stay connected even though I am at home and my Wi-Fi is working perfectly. I have Norton VPN and it constantly disconnects too.

I notice it most of the time when I want to check my email. It won’t come through, so I go into settings and turn off Wi-Fi, and then turn it back on. Sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn’t.

I have rebooted my phone several times and it doesn’t help. I thought the iOS update would help but apparently not.

Any suggestions?

Well I just did an experiment and I think the problem is with the VPN. I turned it off and turned Wi-Fi on and it works perfectly. Ironically, my subscription for the VPN is due for renewal on April 3. I am canceling it and will be looking for a different one.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR