Do you ever miss the phone you came from? (mostly Android peeps)

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
The last Android I had was the Nexus 6P. I do not miss it. It was a good phone, but it never felt like it earned the Nexus title. The Nexus 6 was also good, but I had some Bluetooth issues with it, and it never won me over. The one I miss the most, and would use if I could would be the Nexus 5. It was my first use of stock Android, and the hardware felt like it worked the way it should. Like the hardware and software were developed to work in unison. Probably why I like my iPhone.

Samsung ruined Android with everything they did to it to work with their hardware. Even with the Google Now launcher. Had several Motorola Droid devices that were great at the time to me, but I was new to Android then.

Before I came to an iPhone, I wanted to give the Pixel a go. But, in November of 2016, it was going to be a 4 week wait from Verizon, and 6 direct from Google. That’s when I decided to go to an iPhone. Based on reviews every year of the succeeding Pixel devices, I’m glad I did. Seems like this year’s 4 is just an afterthought from what I have seen.

I had the 5, 6 and 6p too. The 5 was great until the update from KitKat. Lollipop killed my battery. I liked the size of the 6. The 6p was a mess for me. Battery was awful and it ended up dying in the boot loop of death. So did my nexus 9 tablet. Went straight to an iPhone 7+ from there and never looked back. I have homepods, Apple TV, AirPods, an iPad Pro, an 11 pro Max and a MacBook Air. I’m all in and quite happy.

sinime

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I do miss WebOS and WP...

WebOS seemed to have so much potential before it became sold / modified / restricted to TVs.

WP had potential as well, but I have to admit that before its demise, Windows 10 mobile was a bit of a step back from its previous versions. Mainly I'm talking about the people hub which got stripped of the integration with FB and Twitter. Also the messaging app lost integration with FB messenger, which was a big bummer considering I don't like FB's Messenger app.

I was on Android for maybe a year before landing on iOS, and I don't miss it.

The main reason I switched to iOS was when I saw that the removal of the home button on the X/Xr brought a more familiar OS navigation to the iPhones in the form of gestures. Makes me feel maybe webOS had an impact well after it's death. Yeah I realize that Android now has a similar, if not the same navigation system, but its still Android and the wild west that comes with it. Which I don't miss at all.

the_boon

Nov 28, 2019
Visit site
Re: Do you ever miss the phone you came from? (mostly android peps)

Typing on it was dream.

-Said no iPhone user ever.

The only iPhone I'd ever ever consider using would be one that has a physical keyboard accessory available for it, such as the SE paired with a Typo gen 1 keyboard case.

Can't stand this un-ergonomic iOS where back buttons are tiny and stranded all the way up to the top left corner, and where two hands are required to get just about anything done without having to awkwardly change the hand position.

kcox52692

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
While I have and used the Samsung Galaxy A20, my last serious Android phone was Galaxy S8. I'm currently using the iPhone SE 2020. I keep reaching to the back of the phone for the fingerprint sensor snd it isn't thereeven though this is my fifth consecutive iPhone.
6, 6s, 7,8, and now SE.
The S8 is a great phone still but it's not an iPhone.

I do however miss the Android keyboard. Even the stock Samsung keyboard. I've used SwiftKey on both the S8 and iPhones. No comparison. iPhone keyboards are terrible. Why can't the put the numbers above the qwerty keyboard like Android. And punctuation. Terrible.

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
I am seriously considering going back to Android this August when the new Note S20 is announced. I just need to sell my XS Max and iWatch 5 I just bought. I purchased my spouse a Samsung S10+ for Mother’s Day. The screen is so beautiful! Love the full screen and the tiny camera cutouts are kind of sexy.

I have two months to get the itch out or just do it.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
The screen is so beautiful! Love the full screen and the tiny camera cutouts are kind of sexy.

It could just be me, but the punch hole on those displays look like a giant dead pixel on your screen.

If you like saturated displays just increase the saturation on your xs Max, you won’t have any glare or false touches like you do with s10.

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
I am seriously considering going back to Android this August when the new Note S20 is announced. I just need to sell my XS Max and iWatch 5 I just bought. I purchased my spouse a Samsung S10+ for Mother’s Day. The screen is so beautiful! Love the full screen and the tiny camera cutouts are kind of sexy.

I have two months to get the itch out or just do it.

I think apple is going to release a 6.7 model from what I've been reading. If so then I'll be happy with that! The Note 10+ I have right now is really nice, I love the big screen and the hole punch is less of an eye sore when watching videos than the notch. But I still miss iMessage and the ease of apple products just sync'ing together. I'm hoping for a larger iPhone and reduced notch this fall

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I think apple is going to release a 6.7 model from what I've been reading. If so then I'll be happy with that! The Note 10+ I have right now is really nice, I love the big screen and the hole punch is less of an eye sore when watching videos than the notch. But I still miss iMessage and the ease of apple products just sync'ing together. I'm hoping for a larger iPhone and reduced notch this fall

The Note 10+ is beautiful indeed . That screen is delightful for watching videos on it for sure .

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Every now and then I reminisce about my BlackBerry devices and then wish I still had them, but other than that, I don’t yet have a desire to stop using the iPhone.

May 10, 2020
Visit site

Yes, iMessage is great and Android doesn't Keychain like Apple devices do. Both platforms have their pros and cons but I'm liking Apple more and more.

I still have my BlackBerry Curve 8330 which is useless now sadly. RIM used to be the king of the mountain.

Gadgetgirl38

May 28, 2016
Visit site
The Note 10+ is beautiful indeed . That screen is delightful for watching videos on it for sure .

I had the Note 10+ in aura glow and thought I would never go back to iPhone but I did. I guess I was just so invested in the iOS ecosystem that things felt fragmented.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I have came from an iPhone X and now have the pro max. And as much as I love the new phone I do miss the size of the iPhone X just it being more comfortable in the hand

anon(10700196)

Jul 18, 2020
Visit site
Oddly, I do miss the Samsung S20 Ultra. For around 10 days I owned this device. Then, Covid19 got into full swing, and from a financial standpoint, it did not seem smart to spend that money on a smartphone (I had an iPhone 11 Pro Max, too). So, I returned it within 14 days; I had purchased it full price.

I still miss that device.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner