Hi!

I'm thinking of buying a Samsung watch to use with my Ip11 pro Max.

Any one using this combination?

I have a Aw4 today but I really would like a round watch but I'm not sure how this works.
    12-11-2019 12:55 PM
    It's not going to work as well as the apple watch. You will still get notifications, weather will work to a degree, and the basic watch function. But you won't be able to reply to text messages as well as on the AW, weather may need to be toggled on and off if location gets stuck, I don't think the fitness tracking works or at least not well. I had a galaxy watch hooked up to mine for a little while until I could get the AW5, so much smoother now
    fredriks and ivanwi11iams like this.
    12-11-2019 01:06 PM
    Make sure you download the official Samsung app from the App Store for your Watch.
    fredriks likes this.
    12-11-2019 02:17 PM
    Do I get mail notification on watch and calendar reminders? I know I can't respond from watch but that's not an issue. I have never done that in my aw 4 either, if I respond a text message or a email I usually do that from my phone.

But it's important for me to get notifications on my watch of a new email or calendar reminder
    12-11-2019 02:38 PM
    Do I get mail notification on watch and calendar reminders? I know I can't respond from watch but that's not an issue. I have never done that in my aw 4 either, if I respond a text message or a email I usually do that from my phone.

But it's important for me to get notifications on my watch of a new email or calendar reminder
    I think you can, depending on the watch you have.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/samsun...s/id1117310635
    Last edited by scruffypig; 12-11-2019 at 08:36 PM.
    fredriks likes this.
    12-11-2019 08:17 PM
    It will be throwing your money away using a Samsung watch with your iPhone. Sorry that Apple doesn’t have a round face but you will be giving up the best of the best in smart watch hands down. You will miss a lot of functions. In my opinion it’s not worth it. Losing complete compatibility is something I personally can’t give up
    FFR, kataran, fredriks and 1 others like this.
    12-13-2019 06:24 PM
    As a possible solution, purchase an Apple Watch, but, choose a watch face that is round. Not the best solution, but it might help.
    And, like others have said, using any other watch, besides an AW, with an iPhone, you will lose certain functions...
    fredriks likes this.
    12-13-2019 06:36 PM
    If a round watch dial is what you seek I personally would go with a traditional watch and if a little connectivity is what you need then there are a lot of Smart watches that look traditional but will give you that tech feel
    fredriks likes this.
    12-13-2019 07:27 PM
    You could check out the Garmin Vivomove line. It’s their hybrid line - looks like a watch but has some smart watch capabilities.

Since I’m not allowed to have an Watch at work I use my Vivomove and my steps and sleep data sync to the Apple health app.
    fredriks likes this.
    12-13-2019 07:41 PM
    Is the Apple Watch seen as a security issue, or you work for a direct competitor to Apple? (Being nosy!)

You could check out the Garmin Vivomove line. It’s their hybrid line - looks like a watch but has some smart watch capabilities.

Since I’m not allowed to have an Watch at work I use my Vivomove and my steps and sleep data sync to the Apple health app.
    12-13-2019 09:27 PM
    Is the Apple Watch seen as a security issue, or you work for a direct competitor to Apple? (Being nosy!)
    I wish I worked somewhere where it was seen as a competitor. Unfortunately, it is a security issue.
    ivanwi11iams likes this.
    12-13-2019 09:29 PM
    Thanks for all replays!

I have ordered a Amazfit GTR from a local store that accept returns. I will try it and see if it works the way I want. GTR I much cheep er than Samsung watch so I can switch between Aw4 and GTR to get the best experience. I had a Garmin Vivomove hr and it worked great, really nice watch but it's a little bit to small for me. I want a big watch so I gave this to my wife.
    kataran and Anastayja1 like this.
    12-14-2019 03:42 AM
    Thanks for all replays!

I have ordered a Amazfit GTR from a local store that accept returns. I will try it and see if it works the way I want. GTR I much cheep er than Samsung watch so I can switch between Aw4 and GTR to get the best experience. I had a Garmin Vivomove hr and it worked great, really nice watch but it's a little bit to small for me. I want a big watch so I gave this to my wife.
    I am using the Samsung active 2 with my 11 pro max. It gives me all my notifications and everything. Saving for Apple Watch 5
    fredriks likes this.
    01-01-2020 05:19 PM
    I wish I worked somewhere where it was seen as a competitor. Unfortunately, it is a security issue.
    Ok, I’m going to be that guy.

How is the Apple Watch a security issue?
    01-01-2020 09:55 PM
    Ok, I’m going to be that guy.

How is the Apple Watch a security issue?
    Since it is a cellular/mobile device in a facility where they are not allowed.
    01-01-2020 09:59 PM
    Since it is a cellular/mobile device in a facility where they are not allowed.
    So you’re also saying mobile phones are not allowed ?
    01-01-2020 10:08 PM
    So you’re also saying mobile phones are not allowed ?
    Yes. No cellular devices period. This means phones and watches.
    01-01-2020 10:12 PM