Is anyone using or have used a Samsung watch with the iPhone 11 Pro Max?

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi!

I'm thinking of buying a Samsung watch to use with my Ip11 pro Max.

Any one using this combination?

I have a Aw4 today but I really would like a round watch but I'm not sure how this works.

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: Samsung watch with iPhone 11 pro max

It's not going to work as well as the apple watch. You will still get notifications, weather will work to a degree, and the basic watch function. But you won't be able to reply to text messages as well as on the AW, weather may need to be toggled on and off if location gets stuck, I don't think the fitness tracking works or at least not well. I had a galaxy watch hooked up to mine for a little while until I could get the AW5, so much smoother now

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

Make sure you download the official Samsung app from the App Store for your Watch.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site

Do I get mail notification on watch and calendar reminders? I know I can't respond from watch but that's not an issue. I have never done that in my aw 4 either, if I respond a text message or a email I usually do that from my phone.

But it's important for me to get notifications on my watch of a new email or calendar reminder

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Samsung watch with iPhone 11 pro max

Do I get mail notification on watch and calendar reminders? I know I can't respond from watch but that's not an issue. I have never done that in my aw 4 either, if I respond a text message or a email I usually do that from my phone.

But it's important for me to get notifications on my watch of a new email or calendar reminder

I think you can, depending on the watch you have.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/samsung-galaxy-watch-gear-s/id1117310635

Last edited:

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site

It will be throwing your money away using a Samsung watch with your iPhone. Sorry that Apple doesn’t have a round face but you will be giving up the best of the best in smart watch hands down. You will miss a lot of functions. In my opinion it’s not worth it. Losing complete compatibility is something I personally can’t give up

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

If a round watch dial is what you seek I personally would go with a traditional watch and if a little connectivity is what you need then there are a lot of Smart watches that look traditional but will give you that tech feel

Anastayja1

Trusted Member
Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
Samsung watch with iPhone 11 pro max

You could check out the Garmin Vivomove line. It’s their hybrid line - looks like a watch but has some smart watch capabilities.

Since I’m not allowed to have an Watch at work I use my Vivomove and my steps and sleep data sync to the Apple health app.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for all replays!

I have ordered a Amazfit GTR from a local store that accept returns. I will try it and see if it works the way I want. GTR I much cheep er than Samsung watch so I can switch between Aw4 and GTR to get the best experience. I had a Garmin Vivomove hr and it worked great, really nice watch but it's a little bit to small for me. I want a big watch so I gave this to my wife.

wetermommy

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for all replays!

I have ordered a Amazfit GTR from a local store that accept returns. I will try it and see if it works the way I want. GTR I much cheep er than Samsung watch so I can switch between Aw4 and GTR to get the best experience. I had a Garmin Vivomove hr and it worked great, really nice watch but it's a little bit to small for me. I want a big watch so I gave this to my wife.

I am using the Samsung active 2 with my 11 pro max. It gives me all my notifications and everything. Saving for Apple Watch 5

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site

My brother wanted the round watch like yourself but knew that wasn’t an option on Apple Watch. I had the series 2 at the time and told him he will get over the design flaw as he put it. Just told him to get it and try it out. This was 3 years ago. He loves his Apple Watch and has the series 4 like I do.
It just works!

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

Apple watches work better than the galaxy active watches on a iPhone plus they have more features

bcbbanga4l

Trusted Member
Feb 9, 2012
Visit site

I currently use a Carlyle watch coming from Android it works and I get my notifications but it’s def lost a lot of functionality lol. Thinking of also jumping on an I watch

munnarg

May 28, 2020
Visit site
I currently use a Gear S3 with my 11 Pro Max (recently switched to the iPhone), with severely limited functionality. What I do notice however, is that it has made me more aware of what notifications should prioritized and what could be turned off altogether. The only thing I'll miss is not being able to use Samsung Pay on the watch. I'm not a fan of how the Apple Watch looks, so I might just go back to wearing my regular watch collection and not worry about being tied to my phone.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I would recommend the Apple watch. You will have full functionality of a smart watch rather than just a little. If you’re going to spend the money it’s better to be full on with iPhone and Apple Watch.
You don’t bake with a partial recipe so why short cut on functionality?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative