Will an iPhone 11 Pro Max purchased from AT&T be carrier unlocked?

KillerQ

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
Hey, All,

Coming from a long line of Android phones, which have pretty much all been unlocked and I can instantly use them on any carrier, I have a question.

I am on Verizon, yet I just won an iPhone 11 Pro Max at a work party. The iPhone was purchased outright through AT&T - so, no contract. So that part is good.

But, my question is, will I just be able to pop my Verizon SIM in and carry on as usual like in have with other phones in the past, or are there hoops?

I also have an AT&T account, so I can initially activate on AT&T like normal, but if love to use it on other Verizon account.

Thanks!

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
You may have to call AT&T to have them unlock it but then you’ll be good to use it on Verizon.
Pretty awesome that you won an iPhone from your work!!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey, All,

Coming from a long line of Android phones, which have pretty much all been unlocked and I can instantly use them on any carrier, I have a question.

I am on Verizon, yet I just won an iPhone 11 Pro Max at a work party. The iPhone was purchased outright through AT&T - so, no contract. So that part is good.

But, my question is, will I just be able to pop my Verizon SIM in and carry on as usual like in have with other phones in the past, or are there hoops?

I also have an AT&T account, so I can initially activate on AT&T like normal, but if love to use it on other Verizon account.

Thanks!

If the purchaser did not request the device to be unlocked then more than likely it is locked to AT&T. Since the device is paid off, submit an unlock request.

To unlock an AT&T phone, Android tablet, or mobile hotspot to use on another network, make sure your:
1. Device has been active for at least 60 days (if you bought it on an installment plan or term agreement).
2. Account doesn’t have a past-due balance.
3. Contracts are completed and any installment plans linked to the device are paid off.
4. Device isn't reported as lost, stolen, or involved with fraud.

Source: https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...article%2Fwireless%2FKM1008728&token=Wpd-F2V7

strikeIII

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Will an iPhone 11 Pro Max purchased from AT&T be carrier unlocked?

It will be locked. And the above is accurate on how you can unlock it through AT&T. You can still use the Dual sim with another carrier tho.

JML5150

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
If you buy the T-Mobile version from Apple and not directly from T-Mobile it will be carrier unlocked. I’ve done this in the past when I was on AT&T.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I bought my iPhone 11Pro directly from Apple full price for AT&T and it came fully unlocked and with an AT&T SIM card set up on my account.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711