Hey, All,

Coming from a long line of Android phones, which have pretty much all been unlocked and I can instantly use them on any carrier, I have a question.

I am on Verizon, yet I just won an iPhone 11 Pro Max at a work party. The iPhone was purchased outright through AT&T - so, no contract. So that part is good.

But, my question is, will I just be able to pop my Verizon SIM in and carry on as usual like in have with other phones in the past, or are there hoops?

I also have an AT&T account, so I can initially activate on AT&T like normal, but if love to use it on other Verizon account.

Thanks!
    12-08-2019 08:09 PM
    You may have to call AT&T to have them unlock it but then you’ll be good to use it on Verizon.
    Pretty awesome that you won an iPhone from your work!!
    aximtreo likes this.
    12-08-2019 08:13 PM
    Thank you!

Does that means its carrier locked for a certain amount of days?
    12-08-2019 08:15 PM
    Hey, All,

Coming from a long line of Android phones, which have pretty much all been unlocked and I can instantly use them on any carrier, I have a question.

I am on Verizon, yet I just won an iPhone 11 Pro Max at a work party. The iPhone was purchased outright through AT&T - so, no contract. So that part is good.

But, my question is, will I just be able to pop my Verizon SIM in and carry on as usual like in have with other phones in the past, or are there hoops?

I also have an AT&T account, so I can initially activate on AT&T like normal, but if love to use it on other Verizon account.

Thanks!
    If the purchaser did not request the device to be unlocked then more than likely it is locked to AT&T. Since the device is paid off, submit an unlock request.

To unlock an AT&T phone, Android tablet, or mobile hotspot to use on another network, make sure your:
    1. Device has been active for at least 60 days (if you bought it on an installment plan or term agreement).
    2. Account doesn’t have a past-due balance.
    3. Contracts are completed and any installment plans linked to the device are paid off.
    4. Device isn't reported as lost, stolen, or involved with fraud.

Source: https://forums.imore.com/e?link=http...token=YY97UUe7
    aximtreo likes this.
    12-08-2019 08:20 PM
    It will be locked. And the above is accurate on how you can unlock it through AT&T. You can still use the Dual sim with another carrier tho.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    12-08-2019 10:27 PM
    And you may have to get your companies purchaser involved.
    12-09-2019 10:40 AM
    If you buy the T-Mobile version from Apple and not directly from T-Mobile it will be carrier unlocked. I’ve done this in the past when I was on AT&T.
    12-10-2019 04:46 PM
    I bought my iPhone 11Pro directly from Apple full price for AT&T and it came fully unlocked and with an AT&T SIM card set up on my account.
    12-11-2019 08:20 AM