I am sure some of you made the switch from an XS Max to a Pro Max.

Curious, besides the camera, would you say the change was worth it (both financially and the new features offered)?

Currently using a Note 10+ as my main. Along with my XS Max used from time to time. A moment ago, I updated iOS, and all the apps. Apple seem to be offering $600, for my XS Max, and I was considering a 11 Pro Max. Hence, my question...
    aximtreo likes this.
    11-28-2019 03:27 PM
    I'll be interested in the same trade. My reasons for wanting to trade my X S Max for the 11 pro Max are 3:

Faster processor
    Better battery
    More and better cameras

My x s Max is Silver and 256 GB. I would trade for the same 11 Pro Max 256 GB.
    ivanwi11iams and CellPhOneAGe like this.
    11-28-2019 03:46 PM
    I made the switch from an XS to the 11 Pro (no Maxes).
    I'm impressed with the improved camera(s) of the Pro, in particular night mode.
    Battery life is better, but I didn't have an issue with the XS in that regard either.
    I personally do/did not notice any improvement in speed, screen quality or any other areas.
    The matte back is a question of personal preference: I think it looks interesting, but for me the XS felt better in the hand. As I don't like its feel, I put a skin on it.

So if you're into the best possible image quality, and/or if you were dissatisfied with the battery life of the XS Max, the upgrade is worth it.
    For all other matters, it's not, imho.

(P.S. I am not into any VR or AR games or apps, so this might change the perspective on processor speed).
    11-29-2019 05:13 AM
    Battery life, screen seems brighter, build quality, speaker quality, Face ID at more angles
    11-29-2019 12:17 PM
    I made the switch from a XS Max to a Pro Max, is it worth it?. Impossible to say, I sold my XS Max and didn't pay so much between for Pro Max so for me it was worth it. Better camera, better battery, little bit faster.

I you can afford it I would say yes but I wouldn't spend my last money on this switch
    aximtreo likes this.
    11-29-2019 12:25 PM
    The camera and battery life are well worth it to me. I'm not a constant observer of battery life nor have I ever been obsessed with it, but the battery life on the 11 Pro has been superb.
    ivanwi11iams likes this.
    11-29-2019 02:47 PM
    No going back now. As of 08:15 this morning, I purchased an iPhone 11 Pro Max.

It is now 16:09, and I have just finished setting it up from scratch...
    aximtreo and mach1man like this.
    11-29-2019 04:09 PM
    For me the battery life improvement is night and day compared to 10S Max to 11 Pro Max. Of course the cameras and the night shot is a huge improvement as well.
    ivanwi11iams and aximtreo like this.
    11-29-2019 06:24 PM
    I early upgraded. Costing me the same per month. Had it been more I would not had done it. I really like it a lot. Battery life so much better.
    12-01-2019 01:06 AM
    I just went from an XS Max to an 11 Pro Max. My upgrade time was now and it was a cheaper monthly payment since it was on sale.

The extra battery is very nice and of course the camera, but to be honest, I still hate the camera “square”. It just stand out like a sore thumb to me.
    ivanwi11iams likes this.
    12-02-2019 03:25 PM
    Few days late here but I made the same jump as well. Monthly payment was the same, it was upgrade time to figured why not. Battery life has been the real winner for me, although I take more wide angle picture than I thought I would. Overall Im happy I upgraded, even though I said I wouldn't this year!
    12-06-2019 09:49 AM
    Not many are talking about this but thee cellular speeds on the new intel modems are fantastic.

12-06-2019 02:23 PM
    To confirm, that is over cellular? Those are some insane numbers. What carrier?

I am on ATT, Atlanta, GA, and
    24.5Mbps - download
    18.4Mbps - upload

Not many are talking about this but thee cellular speeds on the new intel modems are fantastic.

[IMG=685x1024]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191206/20fe7443b0167d92a731916f8b06bbc6.jpg[/url]
    aximtreo likes this.
    12-06-2019 08:43 PM
    To confirm, that is over cellular? Those are some insane numbers. What carrier?

24.5Mbps - download
    18.4Mbps - upload
    Yes it’s over cellular reception on ee, I’m getting twice the speeds over last gens xs max.
    ivanwi11iams and Spencerdl like this.
    12-07-2019 06:46 AM
    I was in your area the other day, I should have stopped by for some Coffee and Danish...LOL
    ivanwi11iams and aximtreo like this.
    12-07-2019 07:07 AM
    Switched...and in the very beginning noticed a lot of differences like speed, battery, camera improvements, etc. Now, I’m so use to the phone it seems the norm. The extra speed is a “want” not a “need” and the same with the battery as the XS Max got me through a day plus some. So in the end the camera is definitely an enormous upgrade but I think the only reason I see as worthy of upgrading is staying current to get the most for my trade next year. ULTIMATELY I suffer from sever Apple Impulsivity Purchasing Disorder and regardless of what I say, I buy everything. Send help. I accept help in the form of cash or Apple Pay.
    12-07-2019 07:36 AM
    ULTIMATELY I suffer from sever Apple Impulsivity Purchasing Disorder and regardless of what I say, I buy everything. Send help. I accept help in the form of cash or Apple Pay.
    LMBO!!! EXACTLY this. LOL
    aximtreo, ladyc0524 and Al Paca like this.
    12-07-2019 07:47 AM
    LMBO!!! EXACTLY this. LOL
    Ugh!!! Here I sit at my desk, looking at the Verizon web page...after posting that I wouldn't trade my XS Max for a new "11", and I am contemplating (STRONGLY!!!) upgrading. And...the reason, is exactly the above reason. I have been completely and totally brainwashed to buy new Apple products just because they are "just better enough" than my absolutely good enough current model to hook me into a purchase because I think I'm missing something.

That said...I'll probably be using a new iPhone 11 XS Max by Monday.

So...maybe I need a "I'm a hypocrite" T-shirt today.
    Spencerdl and aximtreo like this.
    12-07-2019 11:16 AM
    Ugh!!! Here I sit at my desk, looking at the Verizon web page...after posting that I wouldn't trade my XS Max for a new "11", and I am contemplating (STRONGLY!!!) upgrading. And...the reason, is exactly the above reason. I have been completely and totally brainwashed to buy new Apple products just because they are "just better enough" than my absolutely good enough current model to hook me into a purchase because I think I'm missing something.

LOL ...Welcome to the club my friend.
    aximtreo likes this.
    12-07-2019 11:18 AM

You mean an iPhone 11 Pro Max, right?...
    12-07-2019 11:32 AM
    You mean an iPhone 11 Pro Max, right?...
    Ummm...yeah.
    Just_Me_D and aximtreo like this.
    12-07-2019 03:52 PM
    Ummm...yeah.
    Well, what color did you get...LOL
    FFR likes this.
    12-07-2019 03:52 PM
    Well, what color did you get...LOL
    I actually walked out of the Verizon store...with my XS Max! I’m perfectly happy with it, and I’ll wait for the “12”. That’s my decision today at least...
    Spencerdl and aximtreo like this.
    12-10-2019 04:21 PM
    I actually walked out of the Verizon store...with my XS Max! I’m perfectly happy with it, and I’ll wait for the “12”. That’s my decision today at least...
    That type of strength eludes me when I walk into a Apple or Verizon store and see a new version of the iPhone...LOL.
    aximtreo likes this.
    12-10-2019 06:46 PM
    I made the upgrade trade a week ago. I kept it quiet so I could sneak it by some of you. LOL
    ivanwi11iams likes this.
    Yesterday 07:30 AM