For those who want an expensive but good screen protector

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I can’t pick up about a dozen Spigen tempered glass screen protectors for the price of one of those, and the Spigen comes with an install tray.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I can’t pick up about a dozen Spigen tempered glass screen protectors for the price of one of those, and the Spigen comes with an install tray.

Yes, that brand has pretty much always seemed good whether the stuff or value but in time they even stand out as expensive compared to some options.

I'm getting "MagicSchieldz" 3 packs for $3.50 - $4 at my door. iCarez and Trianium with a fixture for installation always seem to be less than $10 for a few. Spigen has always had good stuff and quality for the price but lately I'm getting the others.

I really hesitate to spend much on protection stuff because I'm an IT admin where we have dozens of devices at each of 3 sites. Hundreds of employees ask for help. The fat cases are expensive and ugly. Phones still break. Sure some expensive protectors are convenient but not like installing cheap protectors on your own.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I guess for those looking for the ultimate scratch protection this would definitely be something to consider. However, I am curious how long the all important Oleophobic coating lasts and how does it adhere to the Sapphire surface versus the Tempered Glass surface? In the video he actually mentioned how it felt different in comparison.
During the many years of using screen protection I have found that Zagg Oleophobic last much longer than most. I will just stick with my Zagg protection as the finger gliding across my screen is very important to me. Thanks for the video OP.

https://youtu.be/vC5Uu8JAkMY

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
Looks cool, but wowzers that price tag. I don't really use screen protectors but I had a scratched device for the first time ever with my XS Max. So I'm looking to add one to my Pro Max but will likely just get a Zagg at Best Buy and call it a day.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Looks cool, but wowzers that price tag. I don't really use screen protectors but I had a scratched device for the first time ever with my XS Max. So I'm looking to add one to my Pro Max but will likely just get a Zagg at Best Buy and call it a day.

That's a good plan! :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2