Weird charging issue. Anyone know what happened here?

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Last night I went to bed around 9:30 with my phone plugged in to charge. Shortly after midnight I was woken up by a loud clap of thunder. I picked my phone up to look at the radar and noticed a banner on my lock screen that said my phone would be fully charged at 3am. Sure enough, my phone was only charged to 80% even though it had been on the charger for 2.5 hours at that point! I got the weather information I needed and put my phone down to go back to sleep, but the charging issue was still bugging me. Just a few minutes later, like maybe 15 or so, I picked my phone back up and it was at 90% so it was indeed charging faster by that point. Does anyone know what could have happened with the charging?

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Perfectly normal. It’s called optimized battery charging and it’s new in iOS 13.
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210512

Wow thank you!! This is the first time I’ve heard of this, and the first tome I’ve woken up in the middle of the night since getting this phone. So when I replugged the charger it detected I was awake and using the phone so it resumed regular charging?

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I still have yet to see this message appear on my device. Does the battery have to be down below a certain point? Even after using the device hard all day the best I’ve been able to get it down to is 65-70%.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Finally

d137d9bab1022ad2cadfa39bc3d39407.jpg