Have you stopped using SwiftKey in favor of the Apple’s QuickPath keyboard?

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I don’t know if this is a Pro Max thing or an iPhone 11 thing in general, but I came from a 7 Plus using SwiftKey. Now my new phone has a swipe type keyboard that I’m discovering I like and hate.

So I’m wondering who else uses or used SwiftKey and either still uses it with the 11 or stopped using it in favor of the 11 keyboard.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: Swipe type keyboard

Pretty sure it’s just iOS 13, unless it was iOS 12, I don’t really remember. One of them brought swipe native to the iOS keyboard. I don’t use swipe, if I do, I use Nintype. All other swipe options are too slow.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

Ok, thanks. Been beta testing SwiftKey for a while and still prefer it over Quick Path. Yuk.

79c25ac553a55b9005fe96468f007cca.jpg

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

I never found swipe typing to be any easier than tapping the keys I tried it for a full day and couldn’t see any advantage for me.

vizagdude

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I use to use Microsoft Wordflow keybaord before iOS 13. Initially while I was on Beta, it took a while to recognize the right words with my swiping gestures. But now after using it for over a month, I am comfortable using the Quick Path.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site

I don't use Swiftkey because they don't have a substitute for the force press to move cursor for haptic touch.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Swipe type keyboard

I've used SwiftKey for years but really don't find swipe typing to work for me, personally. I tried it for about a week , quite some time ago. Probably an 'Old Dogs & New Tricks' thing....

Last edited:

strikeIII

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Swipe type keyboard

I use swiftkey or Gboard. What I would really love is the iPad keyboard where I can swipe down on the keys for the numbers and symbols. Why the hell they didn't do that for the iPhone is beyond me. Makes no sense.

Last edited:

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

I'm definitely not a fan of Quick Path. I have been tryping "the regular" way for far too long to change up now. Granted, I may not have given it a fair chance, but it seems so slow and a pain! :D

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I've been using Swiftkey since, well...since I can remember and I have no intention on changing my typing ways...LOL

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site

The v 13 swiping works better for me now but I'm totally hooked on SwiftKey's row of numerals always there and for punctuation. For those not aware, you can add that row of numbers in SwiftKey settings.

The Microsoft ownership seems to have SwiftKey in same league as their Office 365 and Azure apps - stable, updated, features added. Today's Microsoft can't be judged like the past but many people do that with Apple and Microsoft.

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site

I've been using Swype/Swiftkey/Gbaord since this technology was introduced, and today I CAN NO LONGER type any differently.
Therefore I appreciated Apple introducing quick path, however, after trying it out for a couple of days, I went back to Gboard, as it does better for my taste: better/more forgiving word recognition (imho), shows special characters on keyboard, plus some other minor benefits.
I'm planning to try quick path again from time to time, hoping for it to improve, as I do not really want Google to continue reading my typing forever.
One thing I miss when using Gboard is that you can't access self made avatars/animoji, but this is not a very big deal for me.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

I still use Swiftkey but I really wish they would add back the ability to hold the space bar to scroll the cursor. I really miss that option.

I’d use the built in Apple keyboard if they added a quick key to get to emojis.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site

A downside to the  keyboard is that a double tap on the space bar won't do a period, space, Capitalize. That alone is worth staying with SwiftKey for me.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

Maybe it's just me, but I can use SwiftKey and swipe War and Peace in the same time it would take me to type out the first page. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner