Iphone 11 Pro Max Display lag

nokia4life

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else experiencing a lag response on their 11 pro max's? When I touch an icon it takes 2-3 taps before it registers, also when sliding up when locked I get no response until 2-3 trys. This has never happened on any of my other iphones so this is a first.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Nope. Not at all. Everything is working instantaneously. Definitely the fastest and smoothest iPhone I've ever had.
For the record I set up as new, and I haven't experience any issues. Currently on iOS13.1.2 on my Pro Max.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else experiencing a lag response on their 11 pro max's? When I touch an icon it takes 2-3 taps before it registers, also when sliding up when locked I get no response until 2-3 trys. This has never happened on any of my other iphones so this is a first.

Oh no. I’m not experiencing any of that.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Just picked one up tonight and the lag and screen freeze is there the rep at the Apple store said it’s a known issue with a fix coming in next update. I had the same issue on the 11 I just returned.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Just picked one up tonight and the lag and screen freeze is there the rep at the Apple store said it’s a known issue with a fix coming in next update. I had the same issue on the 11 I just returned.

You just gotta love when you read comments like "the rep at the Apple store said it’s a known issue with a fix coming in next update". What known issue? You'd think there would be news articles out the ying yang if it was a "known issue". Really makes you wonder just how knowledgable the Apple employees are.

Oh, and by the way, I have a tempered glass protector on mine and have zero lag/delay/stutter/shudder/slowness/anything else that could be classified as a "known issue".

Last edited:

Doug B

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
No issues with mine either. Buttery smooth to quote Apple.

And Lee I feel your pain with lack of coffee. Lol

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm curious, why didn't you request to see a different Pro Max. Just sayin'

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm curious, why didn't you request to see a different Pro Max. Just sayin'

I had the same lag on an 11 I returned and the rep said she was experiencing lag on her 11. It’s not all the time and not app specific either just random lag and screen freeze. It’s not that bad but noticeable at times.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
No store was far away needed to get home my local store closed last year.

Oh okay. I really hope Apple releases an update soon to fix all of these issues some users are having. As smooth as my Pro Max is running I might not update from fear of breaking something...LOL

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Oh okay. I really hope Apple releases an update soon to fix all of these issues some users are having. As smooth as my Pro Max is running I might not update from fear of breaking something...LOL

I know, right? It drives me insane because I can’t understand how some users consistently have issues and others consistently do not. It blows my mind...

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I know, right? It drives me insane because I can’t understand how some users consistently have issues and others consistently do not. It blows my mind...

I hardly have issues with Apple actually first one for me my 11 had a dead spot in upper left side would not accept my touch took it to Genius Bar and they said it was DOA so I decided to upgrade to the max and picked up a watch while I was there. Also it’s takes a few days for a new phone to settle down in my past experiences.

patton4549

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I’m experiencing the same thing on my pro max. Seems to me it’s more of a freeze up then lag. I’ll press a link or app, I don’t have to do anything else theirs a lock up or freeze then a few seconds later it will do the requested response. I also notice the phone puts off a lot of heat when it’s happening

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I’m experiencing the same thing on my pro max. Seems to me it’s more of a freeze up then lag. I’ll press a link or app, I don’t have to do anything else theirs a lock up or freeze then a few seconds later it will do the requested response. I also notice the phone puts off a lot of heat when it’s happening

I tip my hat to you guys. I'm not sure if I could wait and hope the next update would fix these issues after paying over $1,200 for a device. Apple would get tired of seeing my face and switching devices until I found one that works properly...LOL

patton4549

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I tip my hat to you guys. I'm not sure if I could wait and hope the next update would fix these issues after paying over $1,200 for a device. Apple would get tired of seeing my face and switching devices until I found one that works properly...LOL

I almost never have the hardware switched out! Every iPhone is one software update from being perfect or junk 13.1.2 is my problem. 13.0 was just fine in my pro max. I’m not going to lie I enjoy the anticipation of software updates for bug fixes, it’s not hailing another to be completely annoyed but enough to notice