iPhone 11 Pro Max display issue

PKK77

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Hi

The display on my iPhone 11 PM is a bit warmer than my old 6s Plus , even with the True Tone off ! The white looks a bit yellowish in comparison. I know the 6s is LCD and 11 PM is Amoled but would’ve thought it shouldn’t be that different. Appreciate your feedback and reply.

Please see photo below. Both phones are on full brightness by the way.

IMG_0043.JPG

Last edited:

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I had to change my device setting to Light from Dark and check (thanks a lot..LOL). My 11 Pro Max screen is closer to the brighter white on the right device in your photo. Since I don't have an actual device to compare screens, I used your photo. It's my understanding (I'm not the sharpest knife in the draw ...LOL) LCD screens have a white background while OLED screens have a black background so your photo should be the correct way it should look...I think. Let's hope some of our more Tech Savvy Members will join in on this conversation as I am also curious.

PKK77

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
I had to change my device setting to Light from Dark and check (thanks a lot..LOL). My 11 Pro Max screen is closer to the brighter white on the right device in your photo. Since I don't have an actual device to compare screens, I used your photo. It's my understanding (I'm not the sharpest knife in the draw ...LOL) LCD screens have a white background while OLED screens have a black background so your photo should be the correct way it should look...I think. Let's hope some of our more Tech Savvy Members will join in on this conversation as I am also curious.

Thank you for your reply.

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
This usually happens when a phone (screen to be exact) is new. Until the glue used in the screen material completely cures, it emits a warm hue, which will fade out over time. It depends on the screen material and the length you turn on the device of course, but it will eventually go away in time. But I could be wrong. Granted this info is rather old and with new OLED etc, I do not know if it still applies but this is the only reason I could think of. Anyone who has new phones will see this when compared with a well-used phone side by side.
Disclaimer: I do not currently have an OLED screen phone, but from the ancient beginning till my current 8, it's been always like this. A warm hue disappearing into the white or bluish tint.

aniss.kais

Oct 5, 2017
Visit site
Hi all,
I noticed that sometimes, when I wake up in the morning, and wake my iphone 11 pm, my screen shows a green tint for 1 or 2 seconds then it returns to normal. Does anyone else noticed it. Thanks for the feedback

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,
I noticed that sometimes, when I wake up in the morning, and wake my iphone 11 pm, my screen shows a green tint for 1 or 2 seconds then it returns to normal. Does anyone else noticed it. Thanks for the feedback

Which iPhone do you have, and are you on iOS 13.1.2?
Have you tried a hard reset (reboot)?
If that doesn't work, try Reset All Settings.
If that doesn't work, you'll need to restore as new.
If that doesn't work, you'll need to take it to Apple and have them look at it.

aniss.kais

Oct 5, 2017
Visit site
OK. Then follow what I suggested above.

I did everything you told me, and the iPhone continues to show a green tint for a few seconds when I wake it up. I noticed it only did it early in the morning when it was dark a d only once a day. I took it to an apple store, and they could not reproduce the phenomenon. They told me that the screen is absolutely fine

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I did everything you told me, and the iPhone continues to show a green tint for a few seconds when I wake it up. I noticed it only did it early in the morning when it was dark a d only once a day. I took it to an apple store, and they could not reproduce the phenomenon. They told me that the screen is absolutely fine

Had you used the phone the day you took it to Apple? You said it only did it once in the morning when you first use it.

aniss.kais

Oct 5, 2017
Visit site
Had you used the phone the day you took it to Apple? You said it only did it once in the morning when you first use it.

thanks for your feedback . I used it the day I took it to them, it did not show the green tint then. and I left it 3 days during which they could not reproduce the phenomenon

timotiusd0271

Apr 23, 2020
Visit site
thanks for your feedback . I used it the day I took it to them, it did not show the green tint then. and I left it 3 days during which they could not reproduce the phenomenon

thank you finally I found people who experienced the same problem with me.

Dear aniss, my ip11pro also experienced the same thing as yours. And I have found out how green tints can happen to your screen.
Maybe you can follow this step to give evidence to apple care

1. Activate auto brightness mode.
2. Put the iPhone in a room with lots of light. 3. Let your iPhone's screen turn itself off.
4. turn off the room light until it is very dark. 5. wait for a few seconds.
6. touch your iphone screen to wake up screen.
7. And now you can see the green tint will appear for 2 seconds.
8. after 2 seconds everything goesthat normal until the next day

I want to take my ip11pro to apple care centre after this covid issue gone

axolotlfresh

Apr 27, 2020
Visit site
thank you finally I found people who experienced the same problem with me.

Dear aniss, my ip11pro also experienced the same thing as yours. And I have found out how green tints can happen to your screen.
Maybe you can follow this step to give evidence to apple care

1. Activate auto brightness mode.
2. Put the iPhone in a room with lots of light. 3. Let your iPhone's screen turn itself off.
4. turn off the room light until it is very dark. 5. wait for a few seconds.
6. touch your iphone screen to wake up screen.
7. And now you can see the green tint will appear for 2 seconds.
8. after 2 seconds everything goesthat normal until the next day

I want to take my ip11pro to apple care centre after this covid issue gone

Oh my God finally! I thought my iPhone was the only one with this issue. It happens with Night Shift and/or True Tone ON/OFF. I thought I was going insane. Same thing happens to me, I wake up, see a green tint that disappears after a few seconds. It usually happens when I wake up in the morning as well, however I could not reproduce it myself. I don't know what to do ):

Thinnez

May 26, 2020
Visit site
Hii...my iphone also having same problem that green tint appear and disappear quickly...
I did restore also but still having same problem only......
Any ways to fix this issue?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW