iPhone Pro Max Case Thread. Let's see them.

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: What case is everyone getting for their iPhone 11 Pro Max?

I’m hoping my rhinoshield case for my XS Max will fix so I don’t have to buy a new one.

Arkidelik

Dec 14, 2018
Visit site

Spigen Ultra Hybrid. No sense hiding that beautiful midnight green.

61ryYO8RfQL._SL1000_.jpg

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I had an Apple silicone case on my 7+ and loved it so I got another one when I got my X. It hasn’t held up :(. The bottom corners have chipped away so the plastic is exposed, and the silicone along the bottom and sides is peeling away. I have to keep tucking it back in. Granted, I’ve only had this case on in the two years I’ve had the phone.

Mine is ok but my wife’s XS case is all jacked up. She uses her back pocket more than I do though and I think that has a lot to do with it.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

I’m hoping my rhinoshield case for my XS Max will fix so I don’t have to buy a new one.

Amazingly that's actually possible if you have one of their cases that are modular. They sent me an email this morning that all you need is the new iPhone 11 backplate that changes the camera cutout. Unfortunately for me, based on my horrible experience with their Solidsuit recently, I'm now avoiding them like the plague.

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Amazingly that's actually possible if you have one of their cases that are modular. They sent me an email this morning that all you need is the new iPhone 11 backplate that changes the camera cutout. Unfortunately for me, based on my horrible experience with their Solidsuit recently, I'm now avoiding them like the plague.

I just use their crashguard bumper no backplate.

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site

Mine is ok but my wife’s XS case is all jacked up. She uses her back pocket more than I do though and I think that has a lot to do with it.

Hmm, I don't know about that. I wear men's slim fit jeans so those have deep front pockets and that's where my phone goes. If I had to guess, my case peeling is because my fingers usually rest at the bottom of the phone and that's where the peeling is.

tmx31415

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site

So far an Otter Box Symmetry in Black. I am also looking at the Monarch Series from UAG (Red / Black) Still looking around, possibly picking up a Speck Presidio Grip as well...

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
What case is everyone getting for their iPhone 11 Pro Max?

(Well I can’t get the link to work to show the case!)

I ordered a unique camo case from Case Mate. It’s clear with the camo pattern so the green of the phone will show through.
Also ordered and already received a Sonix pearl case that I thought would go with the silver pro Max I thought I would get. After changing my mind for the green I held some dark green fabric in the case and it actually looked nice so I won’t return it.
I’m looking for a good clear case too and thinking about the Spigen ultra hybrid.

Last edited:

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Just ordered a Speck Presidio Pro in black. That, along with the Spigen case I posted previously, should get me through to next year’s iPhone.
85b360ed5c2d3ec7011e41ac7b23986a.jpg

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site

I’m eyeing the green leather Apple case, and probably a spigen liquid crystal...

And then they’ll both sit in a drawer while I use the phone without a case, which is exactly what happened with my X

Last edited:

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Might end up being either that guaranteed not to yellow series of clear from Speck or probably more than likely that "Smartish kung fu grip" series that iMore has been talking up in their 11 Pro/Max case articles until the companies I'm more familiar with put stuff out https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VN7YC6X?tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU3160370 Not that I'm not familiar with Speck, just always been a fan of other stuff for some reason.

I know one case company that is DEFINITELY on my naughty list though. Rhinoshield. They've got a lot of work to do if they ever want me to buy another case from them. I loved my bumper case on my 7+. Bought a solidsuit for my X about 3 months ago though and it's now in the trash as of last night. Besides the case itself having the plastic "fray" in a number of areas for no reason (probably covered by warranty) the buttons the colored parts popped off leaving the underlying clear material exposed. Those are NOT covered under warranty and are considered consumables. The worst part is they cost more to ship than the actual buttons. Yeah, I'm just done with them for now.

I didn’t have the rhinoshield for the X but I’ve had the crashguard for my XS Max since release day and it’s held up so stunningly I just ordered the green rim and buttons so I can use the same exact bumper case on my 11 Pro Max. It’s worth taking another look at honestly. I have nothing but praise for this case. Quite frankly I’m pleased I can reuse this case! It’s been through many drops off of ladders and to the cement and while it has its fair share of scuffs and scratches my phone only ever took damage once in the camera due to a rock.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

I didn’t have the rhinoshield for the X but I’ve had the crashguard for my XS Max since release day and it’s held up so stunningly I just ordered the green rim and buttons so I can use the same exact bumper case on my 11 Pro Max. It’s worth taking another look at honestly. I have nothing but praise for this case. Quite frankly I’m pleased I can reuse this case! It’s been through many drops off of ladders and to the cement and while it has its fair share of scuffs and scratches my phone only ever took damage once in the camera due to a rock.

Maybe it's a solidsuit issue on the "fraying". I assume it was recently made since it's probably actually an XS case. That doesn't explain the buttons falling apart though since they use those across their products. Either way I didn't even buy it until this last June or so and it had nothing out of the ordinary for use. My catalyst on the other hand still looks great after well over a year of use.

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

A Casetify ‘Boba Fett’ impact case...
Search for it under ‘space bounty hunter.’

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

As a photographer, I'm staying with Quadlock.

falconeight#IM

May 31, 2010
Visit site

I’m always looking for a case that is worthy of apples design and no one ever produces one. They are all terrible looking.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

If I get the Pro Max, I will be sticking with the Apple Leather like I have for my last 5 iPhones. I seem to always return no matter what others I have tried. The Apple Leather just feels right in my hand.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73