iPhone Pro Max Case Thread. Let's see them.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I’m a glutton for punishment apparently. Ordered the Lifeproof Fre case again this year. Love those darn things. Really do wish they would get rid of the plastic screen cover...but we shall see what this iteration brings next week.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I’m a glutton for punishment apparently. Ordered the Lifeproof Fre case again this year. Love those darn things. Really do wish they would get rid of the plastic screen cover...but we shall see what this iteration brings next week.

Didn't they make a different model back in the 6s & 7 days that didn't do a screen protector or was that a different brand doing that. Someone had a waterproof case that put a seal around the edges of the screen. Yeah just looked, it was the Nuud. They must not have done very well I don't see them as a current model now for anything. Too bad.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Didn't they make a different model back in the 6s & 7 days that didn't do a screen protector or was that a different brand doing that. Someone had a waterproof case that put a seal around the edges of the screen. Yeah just looked, it was the Nuud. They must not have done very well I don't see them as a current model now for anything. Too bad.

Exactly. Would much prefer the Nuud made a comeback. Had the Slam last year, but that super slick clear plastic back was awful, and dust and dirt were always finding the way in.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Exactly. Would much prefer the Nuud made a comeback. Had the Slam last year, but that super slick clear plastic back was awful, and dust and dirt were always finding the way in.

I remember Dog & Bone used to make a waterproof case with tempered glass, but I just looked at their site and there's nothing new since iPhone X/Xs (not even Max size XS) so it seems like maybe they've gone under or something. Website was very slow and not loading some graphics and such. It wouldn't have been a bare screen but tempered glass would be way better than the plasticy ones on stuff like the Fre.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I remember Dog & Bone used to make a waterproof case with tempered glass, but I just looked at their site and there's nothing new since iPhone X/Xs (not even Max size XS) so it seems like maybe they've gone under or something. Website was very slow and not loading some graphics and such. It wouldn't have been a bare screen but tempered glass would be way better than the plasticy ones on stuff like the Fre.

Totally agree. Even if they added a glass option to the fre it would be much better

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Just an update on using that Mous Limitless aramid fiber version for a week now. Really liking the overall feel of it so far. I've adjusted to the buttons. Like I said last week, they're not the best I've used, but they're definitely pretty good and much better than some cases I've had or sampled on other people's phones. I do wish it was a hair thinner, but even the Contour model is only 0.05mm thinner on the back so if I'm gonna have a 2.8mm thickness added it might as well be the Limitless so I can get some extra functionality for that thickness (the magnets for the accessories). I was thinking it was making the phone heavy but I pulled the case off and realized it's just the phone itself and I guess I wasn't really paying much attention to it going from an X sized phone to the Max size for the first time in 2 years.

That aramid fiber back is just amazing. It has an unexpected soft feel. I've heard carbon fiber cases can have a slick feel. I don't know if it's the finish on them or just because it's the aramid fiber instead (supposedly kevlar?). It doesn't pick up lint though and depending on the pants sometimes there's a very slight drag feeling taking it out of the pocket. I've seen some comments about finger prints on this version but while I can see it does pick up oils, it's way better than the clear cases I've been using and better than many of the black TPU type cases I've had like the Caseology Vault I had for my X.

I also feel that the TPU material on the sides has just a bit more grip than my X's Catalyst and definitely way better than anything I've used from Rhinoshield (playproof and the bumper on a 7, solidsuit on the X). It's not the material itself but the slightly rougher texture on it than those other cases. It reminds me of the Nomad Rugged Leather's material on the case I had for my X, except unlike that case I can actually use this one. That Nomad case had some of the worst buttons I've ever had on a case so it basically sat unused on my shelf for like 22/24 months that I had the phone. Talk about a waste of $$$ :(

Raneciansamaiya

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Here are the photos again! Hopefully this helps!!)

Attachments

• 1F319C49-A168-40C2-8950-36D5F3693692.jpeg
    1F319C49-A168-40C2-8950-36D5F3693692.jpeg
    405 KB · Views: 1
  • F3C4F669-F185-4840-9EA2-82C9D144F976.jpeg
    F3C4F669-F185-4840-9EA2-82C9D144F976.jpeg
    542 KB · Views: 1
  • BED06BD5-DDA4-4E2B-BEAE-F90459912FAA.jpeg
    BED06BD5-DDA4-4E2B-BEAE-F90459912FAA.jpeg
    439.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 8FC5067A-5975-454B-A438-3CCA577A0BC9.jpeg
    8FC5067A-5975-454B-A438-3CCA577A0BC9.jpeg
    490.1 KB · Views: 1

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Are you posting thumbnails? I read that’s why some people can’t see them. I can’t see what you just posted. They’re all broken images.

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I’ve been intending to share some pics of my cases and just hadn’t gotten the chance, but here are most of them. I have a couple of totally clear cases not pictured here, including the Smartish King Fu Grip I have on my phone right now. I have to say it has the best grip of them all! But the Case Mates are awesome too.
b70961a5f2820efa4d8ce2ab8613d445.jpg

These are from left to right:
Sonix pearl torte
Case Mate Cammo
Case Mate Soap Bubble
Rhino Shield Solid Suit
Also my Pop Socket collection, Lol! The swappable tops are great!

TechTs

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
I’ve been intending to share some pics of my cases and just hadn’t gotten the chance, but here are most of them. I have a couple of totally clear cases not pictured here, including the Smartish King Fu Grip I have on my phone right now. I have to say it has the best grip of them all! But the Case Mates are awesome too.
b70961a5f2820efa4d8ce2ab8613d445.jpg

These are from left to right:
Sonix pearl torte
Case Mate Cammo
Case Mate Soap Bubble
Rhino Shield Solid Suit
Also my Pop Socket collection, Lol! The swappable tops are great!

I was intrigued by that soap bubble one! What color phone do you have? Any way I can see it on the phone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2