[Resolved]Tried to update to 13.1, and now I'm stuck on a black screen with the Apple logo/spinning wheel

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
[Resolved]Tried to update to 13.1, and now I'm stuck on a black screen with the Apple logo/spinning wheel

Hey guys! Like the title says, I'm kinda stuck. It happened right after I accepted the terms and conditions for the update. It's been stuck for about a half hour. I can't force restart it. Anyone know what to do?

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Tried to update to 13.1, and now I'm stuck on a black screen with the Apple logo/spinning wheel

Mods can delete. After an hour and a half with Apple support we got it working again :).

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: Tried to update to 13.1, and now I'm stuck on a black screen with the Apple logo/spinning wheel

Mods can delete. After an hour and a half with Apple support we got it working again :).

I don’t agree.
It would be awesome if you shared the solution with us, so other people can learn from it.

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site

I don’t agree.
It would be awesome if you shared the solution with us, so other people can learn from it.

Just a bunch of forced reset (volume up, volume down, long press on the power button) until it finally worked. I probably tried a dozen times until it worked.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

Just a bunch of forced reset (volume up, volume down, long press on the power button) until it finally worked. I probably tried a dozen times until it worked.

Well I am glad you got it working! That must have been unnerving, to say the least!

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site

Well I am glad you got it working! That must have been unnerving, to say the least!

It was! I was dreading the thought that I'd have to go to the Apple store but genius bar appointments would be all taken up for the evening.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods